Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Four Turtles and a Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyKali View Post
Thanks for the information! I was wondering, do the turtles know that the villains could be ruining other innocent people's lives in Dimension X while they're sitting around eating pizza? This may actually come into play in another story in the future; it makes me a bit uncomfortable that even after "Shredder Triumphant", where the turtles saw that Krang had a slave-operation in Dimension X, this never seemed to occur to them.
They can't care for everything always. If they are to help friends in Dimension X, it should be the Neutrinos. See how they helped them in "Four Turtles and a Baby". The TMNT may be heroes sometimes, but not superheroes.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 05-30-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
IcyKali
Thug

A Story Update, Finally!

Author's Note: I'll try to hurry the pace on my writing. I do have the story roughly plotted already.

“Whoa dudes,” said Michelangelo. “That was a mondo flashback.”
Michelangelo was glad that it was over, and he was back on the rooftop again. Flashbacks had always felt like out-of-body experiences to him.

“Now that we’re done wasting time, will you accursed shell-backs help me capture the other Shredders, or what?” Red Shredder was really starting to lose his patience.

“It doesn’t look like we have much choice,” said Leonardo. “We can’t let them destroy our city!”

“But how can we trust this red guy, Leo?” asked Raph.

“Well,” said Donatello, “I, for one, think we can. I’ve got an idea of what’s going on here.”

“Oh great,” said Raph. “Is this a ‘saves the entire world’ sort of idea of yours, or a ‘blows up your latest invention’ sort of idea?”

“Well,” said Mikey, “If we can’t trust our own brother, who can we trust?”

Michelangelo untied red Shredder. Then the Turtles and red Shredder turned to Bebop and Rocksteady, who were getting up with groans of pain.

“Dat orange guy is mean!” said Bebop.

“That’s why you miserable mutants are going to work with us to capture him!” said Raph.

“We’ll get right to it—“said red Shredder. “Wait, what did you call them? Only I get to call them names like that!” He grabbed Raphael by the shoulders and roughly shook him.

“Sheesh,” said Raph, “I’m just trying to be funny! No need to get so uncharacteristically defensive!”

Red Shredder let Raphael go but glared at him. He called Bebop and Rocksteady to follow him, and they began to hurry down from the roof.

“Donatello, why do you think that he won’t cause any damage?” asked Leonardo. But before he could get an answer out of him, they heard an explosion from the street below! The Turtles ran to the edge of the rooftop, and they saw yet another Shredder running—no—skipping through the streets disturbing the peace. They also saw a shattered store-front still in flames.

“Well, that explains the explosion,” said Donatello.

“No time to chat, dudes!” Mikey said.

Last edited by IcyKali; 10-25-2012 at 10:11 PM.
IcyKali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

I'm loving this! Can't wait for more.

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #24
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Good chapter. I really liked it. But if you're basing this on the old cartoon, they never used nicknames when talking to each other. It was always their full names.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #25
IcyKali
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Good chapter. I really liked it. But if you're basing this on the old cartoon, they never used nicknames when talking to each other. It was always their full names.
Whoops. I guess I must have been thinking of that really awful Christmas special.
I had some edits I needed to make anyway.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #26
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Hey, that's okay. It happens. I prefer using their nicknames myself, which is why I always write in the 4Kids universe.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #27
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Hey, that's okay. It happens. I prefer using their nicknames myself, which is why I always write in the 4Kids universe.
Yea but what if you wanna use Bebop and Rocksteady, or even Irma and Vernon? Besides it shouldn't really matter in the long run because when you write fan fiction it's your own take on that world. I've written a lot of classic toon fanfics and in them the Turtles called each other by their nicknames.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
Overlord

April, Irma and Vernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Yea but what if you wanna use Bebop and Rocksteady, or even Irma and Vernon? Besides it shouldn't really matter in the long run because when you write fan fiction it's your own take on that world. I've written a lot of classic toon fanfics and in them the Turtles called each other by their nicknames.
Just remember that April is no longer at Channel 6 during the last episodes. But in your own story, you can let her end up re-hired.

And Jephael, I really miss your "Turtle Tales". The Wayback machine doesn't work before 2010.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #29
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
Jephael, I really miss your "Turtle Tales". The Wayback machine doesn't work before 2010.
Yea, sorry about that. I decided to just stick with my Jephaelverse stories. I could take certain plots and retool them at some point to fit them in with the Archie Adventure stories.

www.jephael.com

Last edited by Jephael; 05-29-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #30
Overlord

1987 Show Turtle Tales

Quote:
Yea, sorry about that. I decided to just stick with my Jephaelverse stories. I could take certain plots and retool them at some point to fit them in with the Archie Adventure stories.
The Archie-based stories are still around, I'm talking about your Turtle Tales, based on the 1987 show.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #31
IcyKali
Thug

I had April get re-hired in my story, just because I can, pretty much. It just feels wrong for her to be doing anything else to me. I also decided to try and write the villains in a funnier way without erasing character development that came later in the series; I'm going for a balance.

I'm shocked that I didn't get any flak for having Mikey use his grappling hook. ^_^''
Old 05-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #32
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Yeah, that's true and a very good point. I'm just used to the fact that in the FW toon they never called each other by their nicknames. That's sort of why I was pointing that out. But if IK wants to use their nicknames, I'm fine with it.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #33
IcyKali
Thug

Story Update

Author's Note: Nicknames won't be used in dialogue. Also, plot stuff happens in this part!

The Shredder in the streets scaring people away was the yellow Shredder, and he was carrying glittering objects in his arms. He looked quite happy and carefree, well, at least until the Turtles announced themselves.

Leo drew one of his katanas and said, “Come quietly with us, and we won’t have to hurt you!”

Yellow Shredder just blinked at them, surprised. Then his eyes smiled. “Well, I’d love to come with you,” he said. “But it’s hard to walk with all these shiny things I’m holding!”

“Shiny things?” asked Leo.

“Yes, these!” He held up a handful of jewelry! The store-front he had blown up was a jewelry store.

“You shouldn’t take things that aren’t yours,” said Leo. “Now, put them back, and don’t be any more trouble!”

“Oh, I’m afraid I can’t do that, my reptilian friends,” said yellow Shredder, “but I hope you four have a blast!” With that, he threw a shuriken onto the sidewalk in front of them. The Turtles leapt away just in time before it exploded!

Yellow Shredder started running in the other direction making a happy ‘squee’ sound. “Explosions are just the best!” he exclaimed.

However, his giddiness didn’t last for long. Donatello threw a bo staff at his back, and yellow Shredder dropped to the ground. When he tried to get back up and run, Leo and Raph stopped him.

“Aw, but things were just starting to get interesting!” said yellow Shredder.

“Be a good sport and put back that jewelry!” Raph demanded.

“Okay, fine—wait, I don’t see it?” The five of them looked at the ground where the jewelry had been scattered, and it was gone!

“Looking for me?” they heard a familiar voice say. In the direction it had come from, farther down the sidewalk, they saw purple Shredder wearing a sparkling necklace and rings.

“Someone as impressive as me deserves only the finest in fashion accessories!” he said, and ran off.

“Oh, this is just wonderful,” said Raph.

“Well, this yellow guy wasn’t too hard to deal with, so he shouldn’t be either, right?” said Mikey.

“I don’t know about that, Michelangelo,” said Don. “I think we got lucky this time. Anyway, how are we going to get rid of this yellow Shredder now?”

“I’ll handle that.” They heard yet another Shredder say from behind them. The Turtles turned around, and they were glad to see it was red Shredder, and not another one they had to fight. “Um, good work, you four. I should have given you this,” he said, and gave Leo a communicator.

“We’ll use this to contact Krang?” asked Leo.

“Yes. You can have him open a portal to send the Shredders to where we can detain them, until we have all of them.”

As if on cue, a glowing blue portal opened in front of them. Red Shredder tossed yellow Shredder into it, and it closed.

“Bebop, Rocksteady and I will go hunt for other Shredders separately from you four.” Red Shredder ran off in the other direction down the street to find his hench-mutants.

“I don’t trust these guys,” said Raphael when red Shredder was out of earshot. “We shouldn’t be working with them! Also, this red one sounds way too reasonable to be Shredder.”

“I don’t feel right doing this either,” said Leonardo, “but we don’t have the technology to deal with the Shredders after we round them up.”

Last edited by IcyKali; 10-26-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #34
Jephael

Awesome scene, but you still haven't given us Donatello's explanation of what's going on. I'm anxious to read it!

www.jephael.com
Old 05-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #35
IcyKali
Thug

Quote:
Awesome scene, but you still haven't given us Donatello's explanation of what's going on. I'm anxious to read it!
I should have said this before: I've lurked on this board for a while, and I'm really grateful a well-known TMNT fanfiction-writer like you likes my fic!

Donatello's theory will come into play later, when they meet a certain-color Shredder that noticeable hasn't had any characterizing dialogue or action yet.... I'll leave you to re-read the entire story to figure out which one it is! Er, just kidding....
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #36
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Awesome job on this chapter. I really liked it and hope that the Turtles get out of this mess soon. I'll be eagerly awaiting an update.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #37
IcyKali
Thug

New story bit

Author's Note: I think that after I finish this whole story, I'll re-edit the whole thing and post it somewhere. It's getting to me much longer than I anticipated.

“Guys,” said Donny. “Don’t worry about it! Don’t you see that this is a great opportunity?”

“Yeah,” said Raph, “an opportunity to get into great trouble!”

“Just hear me out,” said Donatello. “Listen, haven’t you noticed how each Shredder is behaving radically different?”

“Yes, go on,” said Leo.

“Well, I think that each different-colored Shredder is representative of another part of his normal personality!”

“Uh, what was that, exactly?” Mikey asked.

“I mean, the yellow Shredder seems to represent his happiness and silliness, for instance.”

“So how does that make this a ‘great opportunity’?” asked Raph.

“Well, think of how Shredder’s evil behavior has caused us all this grief for so many years,” Donatello explained. “In fact, evil is so ingrained in him, there must be a colored Shredder that represents it!”

“So you’re saying that all we would have to do is take that Shredder and get rid of him, and then Shredder wouldn’t want to be evil anymore?” asked Leo, surprised.

“That’s right! When Krang puts him back together somehow, with that one part of his personality missing, Shredder will act like a whole new man!”

“Whoa, whoa!” said Michelangelo. “Wait! To do that, you mean we’d have to take that evil Shredder and k-kill him?”

“Hey, I don’t think it would be like killing him or anything,” said Raph. “It would be more like personality therapy!”

“This sounds like a good plan, Donatello,” said Leo, “but we’d better hurry and locate that Shredder, and get that stolen jewelry back, too. It’s getting pretty late.”

Leonardo, Donatello, and Raphael ran on ahead, but Mikey stayed behind for just a few seconds longer.

“This just doesn’t sit right with me somehow, dudes,” he said, but then ran after them.

Last edited by IcyKali; 10-26-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #38
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Don is definitely a genius with that thinking. As for posting it elsewhere, my advice would be to post it on FF.Net or Stealthy Stories. Good job on this chapter. I'll be eagerly awaiting an update.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #39
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyKali View Post
Author's Note: I think that after I finish this whole story, I'll re-edit the whole thing and post it somewhere.
I would be more than happy to host this story on my website!

www.jephael.com
Old 06-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #40
IcyKali
Thug

Quote:
I would be more than happy to host this story on my website!
Thanks! I think I'll take you up on that offer.
When it's all finished and edited and everything, I should send you an E-mail with the word document attached to it with italics and everything? Would you be able to format all that?

Tags
fan project