The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 10:18 PM   #2941
funatic
Mad Scientist

What do you guys think is the significance, if any, of the insignia on their belts?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #2942
sdp
Megan Fox = April

April looks extra nerdy in this version....maybe because she's BAXTER'S DAUGHTER (Baxter is voiced by John Cena).

#thebatiscaseyjones #doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectomane View Post
It'll be interesting to see the direction they go with the toys. Playmates barely made the figures look like the actual cartoon, wonder if they'll attempt it this time.
Could've been that Playmates was the one who designed the characters and since Viacom doesn't care just went with it.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #2943
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
April looks extra nerdy in this version....maybe because she's BAXTER'S DAUGHTER (Baxter is voiced by John Cena).
I actually would like that, it would make Baxter an uneasy villain turned ally if he was April's father.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #2944
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I just... I just hate these designs...
Old 02-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #2945
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Could've been that Playmates was the one who designed the characters and since Viacom doesn't care just went with it.
I'm willing to bet most of those TMNT Summer Shorts were pitches for a new show, and this is the pitch they chose. You can easily tell the execs were asking a whole bunch of people to pitch them different TMNT animated styles and clips, and they chose what they think worked best.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #2946
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If nothing else, it makes for a unique TMNT universe to involve in their next big crossover thing. Which will probably feature everyone except 4Kids TMNT again.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #2947
CyberCubed
Overlord

Ciro's 2012 Nick TMNT was basically a "traditional" TMNT cartoon, so obviously they didn't want to do another similar TMNT cartoon right after, which is probably why they went with this.

It's kind of ironic back then people thought teenage April or a taller Splinter were a huge departure of designs, and then you see what we get now with new stuff.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #2948
Ectomane
Random Punk

Just imagine, these could have been the new Ninja Turtles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F4Y76dh3PM

Old 02-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #2949
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

Given they made like 6-7 of those, it was quite possible that was a strong contender for a full series. We really dodged a bullet.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:30 PM   #2950
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If nothing else, it makes for a unique TMNT universe to involve in their next big crossover thing. Which will probably feature everyone except 4Kids TMNT again.
They basically confirmed crossovers in season one with their "there's different dimensions so you never know who's going to show up from the past"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ciro's 2012 Nick TMNT was basically a "traditional" TMNT cartoon, so obviously they didn't want to do another similar TMNT cartoon right after, which is probably why they went with this.

It's kind of ironic back then people thought teenage April or a taller Splinter were a huge departure of designs, and then you see what we get now with new stuff.
I just wish 2012 had been 2D animated and gone with CG for the "non-traditional" one.

Also whatsup with Viacom always revealing the new turtles flying through the air? They did the same with 2012.

Quote:

TMNT TEAM UP would've been cool, if it had less potty humor and more like Teen Titans Go.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:31 PM   #2951
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I just wish 2012 had been 2D animated and gone with CG for the "non-traditional" one.
Yeah, maybe. I like the CG animation and it looks really good in HD. I just worry it'll look pretty dated like 10 years from now.

I mean the 4th TMNT movies CG still holds up and that's from 2007, more than 11 years ago now.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #2952
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I like the overall look. It looks fun and colorful. (It’s Nothing like TTGo...thank goodness)

Only nitpick I have is Dons head being so square. Reminds me of Frankenstein’s monster. It’s too tall. That’s what it is. If the top was closer to his eyes it would be fine.

Don’t mind the other changes. I read back a few pages and the complaints over sais and who will be leader is pretty silly. Who cares if some things are switched up in this incarnation? I knew there would be exaggerated complaints, there is with everything.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #2953
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I'm kind of neutral on the designs but Raph being the leader bothers the crap out of me, I much prefer it being Donnie. Its sort of like Vegeta or Bakugo(pre character development) being leader, you know the group is doomed to fail
Old 02-01-2018, 10:37 PM   #2954
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I'm kind of neutral on the designs but Raph being the leader bothers the crap out of me, I much prefer it being Donnie. Its sort of like Vegeta or Bakugo(pre character development) being leader, you know the group is doomed to fail
They already said Raph being the leader and butting heads with Leo is "for now." Pretty much implies Raph won't be the leader for very long. It'll probably be a character arc to the end of Season 1, where Leo grows into being the leader and Raph steps down after making mistakes.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #2955
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
90% of the people in that resetera thread barely know anything about TMNT and probably haven't watched any of the latest shows or read the comics. I don't see why people care.

I haven't even checked twitter or tumblr yet, I know I shouldn't but I won't be able to look away
I want to check some other places too, but feel like I know what they will say.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:51 PM   #2956
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
What do you guys think is the significance, if any, of the insignia on their belts?
It's probably going to be Hamato Yoshi's clan emblem. Looks like with minor adjustments could easily turn into a Foot Clan emblem.

A nitpick... One thing that I don't know how to feel about, are the toes. 2012 got me used to the 3 toe fingers (Which makes sense since they have 3 fingers on their hands). But the 2 toes look so much more versatile.
But I won't be fixated on that for a children's cartoon.

Any word when the 1st episode airs?
Can't wait to see this animated.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:51 PM   #2957
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

As for the "TTG vibe" fears...mine are reduced. I think I have more of a "classic" Teen Titans feel with it. Which had plentiful silliness even between serious storylines.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:52 PM   #2958
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
It starts in September. Which is a long ways away, hopefully we get some preview clips soon though.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:53 PM   #2959
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post

Don't think it's official, but I've heard September. I know that "in the Fall" is official though.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #2960
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It starts in September. Which is a long ways away, hopefully we get some preview clips soon though.
Oh... Well that seems so far away.
I might try to finish the OT and TNM while I wait.

I wonder what kind of games they'll release both from here until the new show airs, and after the show airs
1st Nick toon era brought some good and some ok games. I admit I never touched Bay Turtles games (nor the movies) so not counting them.

I just hope ROTMNT brings a good era of games too.

Last edited by shihe; 02-02-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters