The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #2041
syd
Stone Warrior

understand,but here's one thing i want to ask:why it is totally OKZ that they annoy me?why did they never get warned?i hate to say this,but y kno what,i think...that is a little bit...unfair to me,i really hate to admit that,but don't y think so?<8[

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #2042
Ra
It's my desire?

Read the rules here. I think that will help answer your questions. I think I would pay extra attention to Rule 2, if I were you.

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #2043
syd
Stone Warrior

oh,yea,like i was the one who insulted ppl?and no one-not a single one have ever insulted me first?

Quote:
glad to have you back.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #2044
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Ok. Stop. No more complaining about insults in this thread. Syd, if you really have a problem please PM one of the mods and we will take care of it in one way or another. Complaining in this way is simply adding fuel to the fire and will not help. And you simply must stop calling people names and lashing out. Ignore them, if anything.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:07 PM   #2045
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

*sighs*

I have a bit of a dilemma. Our family is trying to come up with a present for my neice who is turning 18 soon.

The only problem is, she's....useless, in the nicest term possible. The only things she does are

1. live on the phone
2. whine about 'tendonitis' from her job (more from being on the phone)
3. complain about the Two chores she does in the household (laundry for two and microwaving some dinner Once in a rare while...maybe after watching the Food network.)

It's so hard, cuz all she wants are either gift cards or money. For a while she wanted to get her driver's license (mostly cuz a boyfriend mentioned it, I think), but now she doesnt want to do much of anything. She barely works at her job, and she claims to have physical problems whenever she's there (She can't even push carts for crying out loud!).

I love my neice, but dammit, she's totally braindead in the terms of Reality. she lives for tabloids, gossip and celebrity ********. I honestly don't see her making anything of her life at this point.

Gah, I'm supposed to be focusing on her birthday right now, but all this stuff going on right now is driving me friggen nuts. Can anyone give me some Worthwhile ideas for her birthday? Nothing nasty, if you please.... her mentality's something more of a demented middle schooler.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #2046
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
She's still a minor? Well there's still a WHOLE LOT of time for her to wake up. I'd say take action NOW, as it's probably the best time to start.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #2047
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
It's so hard, cuz all she wants are either gift cards or money.
What's the problem, then? If that's what she wants, get her that.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:38 AM   #2048
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
understand,but here's one thing i want to ask:why it is totally OKZ that they annoy me?why did they never get warned?i hate to say this,but y kno what,i think...that is a little bit...unfair to me,i really hate to admit that,but don't y think so?<8[

In a nutshell:

You post, no one understands, they ask, you retort in obnoxious fashion, you get insulted, you insult back, things snowball, you get warned.

You want your status back? Hold thy tongue.. or keyboard, rather. If people react to you in a way you don't like, just restrain yourself. If it bugs you that much, do what Jo said: PM one of the moderators and they'll take it from there. Keep that up for about a month or so and you'll get a yellow box instead of two orange ones. Then, after another amount of time, you'll see those silver stars again.

Okay, dude?

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:03 AM   #2049
gobo
Wacky Action

^^ extreme wisdom... Have you been through this before, bird-guy?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #2050
syd
Stone Warrior

i'm so glad the long time remained misunderstanding is today simplely explained off so finely,thank y KROW.

actually,i've been thinking about this already,but for some part i got a different opinion from y.y kno,i do really don't s much difficulties in my posts,but the fact is thoes grumbled they never asked.and at this point i intend to present y a entire course of asking from my view:what do y mean by saying [quote],[quote],[quote],or [quote]--what the heck is that? or the like.but instead of doing that correctly,what do they usually do to express their confusion about my posts?"shut up!!","wtf r y doing?!","it's unintelligible!" now may i ask y how on earth could y kno what r their problems with what y write and what's wrong with yr posts according to thoes obscure responses?and all the ironies is here i'm the one that actually don't get a damn clue,not them.ox0
and to expand on that point,either had i asked some of them where bothered them in my posts or already brought out that point of mine in the past threads,i'm so here to repeat my only challenge:do i really deserve all the punishments fell on me up to now?
i'd better make it brief a litttle or i'm gonna get accused of digressing again.

Quote:
glad to have you back.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:17 AM   #2051
Ra
It's my desire?

Hey, the only reason I have any problems with you is the fact that for some reason you think that I'm out to get you banned or something, which is not the case. At all. As for the "do I really deserve all the punishments" thing...well, that's not up to me to say. I'm not a judge, I'm not a god, and I'm not a mod. All I know is that most of your 'punishments' revolves around fights that stemmed from giant misunderstandings, and about 75% of the time we can barely make out what you are saying which causes said misunderstandings. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
*sighs*

I have a bit of a dilemma. Our family is trying to come up with a present for my neice who is turning 18 soon.

The only problem is, she's....useless, in the nicest term possible. The only things she does are

1. live on the phone
2. whine about 'tendonitis' from her job (more from being on the phone)
3. complain about the Two chores she does in the household (laundry for two and microwaving some dinner Once in a rare while...maybe after watching the Food network.)

It's so hard, cuz all she wants are either gift cards or money. For a while she wanted to get her driver's license (mostly cuz a boyfriend mentioned it, I think), but now she doesnt want to do much of anything. She barely works at her job, and she claims to have physical problems whenever she's there (She can't even push carts for crying out loud!).

I love my neice, but dammit, she's totally braindead in the terms of Reality. she lives for tabloids, gossip and celebrity ********. I honestly don't see her making anything of her life at this point.

Gah, I'm supposed to be focusing on her birthday right now, but all this stuff going on right now is driving me friggen nuts. Can anyone give me some Worthwhile ideas for her birthday? Nothing nasty, if you please.... her mentality's something more of a demented middle schooler.
For the present, definitely go with a gift card. How much is up to you. Maybe perfume? Make-up, earrings (if she has her ears pierced), a watch, shoes, a handbag, a biography about her favorite celebrity...things like that. If you need any more suggestions, I'll be happy to name off a few more.

And don't worry about her mentality. Either she was born that way, or she just needs a year or two to grow up. Give her time...she should come right in the end.

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."

Last edited by Ra; 01-13-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #2052
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
i'm so glad the long time remained misunderstanding is today simplely explained off so finely,thank y KROW.

actually,i've been thinking about this already,but for some part i got a different opinion from y.y kno,i do really don't s much difficulties in my posts,but the fact is thoes grumbled they never asked.and at this point i intend to present y a entire course of asking from my view:what do y mean by saying [whatever]--what the heck is that? or the like.but instead of doing that correctly,what do they usually do to express their confusion about my posts?"shut up!!","wtf r y doing?!","it's unintelligible!" now may i ask y how on earth could y kno what r their problems with what y write and what's wrong with yr posts according to thoes obscure responses?and all the ironies is here i'm the one that actually don't get a damn clue,not them.ox0
and to expand on that point,either had i asked some of them where bothered them in my posts or already brought out that point of mine in the past threads,i'm so here to repeat my only challenge:do i really deserve all the punishments fell on me up to now?
i'd better make it brief a litttle or i'm gonna get accused of digressing again.
Perhaps it's just me, but I sense that you enjoy confusing people and wasting their time. From that lengthy post, the only necessary idea is that you need people to specify what they don't understand from your posts. That's why people are running low on patience for you. You had one point to make, and you turned it into a poorly-worded essay.

Last edited by gobo; 01-13-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #2053
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Perhaps it's just me, but I sense that you enjoy confusing people and wasting their time. From that lengthy post, the only necessary idea is that you need people to specify what they don't understand from your posts. That's why people are running low on patience for you. You had one point to make, and you turned it into a poorly-worded essay.
For the record, I DID tell him to shorten his posts. I wish he'd follow that advice...
Old 01-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #2054
Tanner
Thug

Syd, if you would just type readable words, and maybe tone down the reactivity level, there'd be no problem.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #2055
syd
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
EXECTLYYYY*point at*That's what I mean!That was what I mean!Thank you gobo,I feel much better now.XDDDDDDDDD

For that part you mentioned,I decided that I won't blame anyone.You know I may not be very accustomed to give my point directly,'un I know the most western people usually do,but that's just the way I am,who basically feel kinda difficult to express opinions directly,I can't change that,I was born that way,it's just in my blood,inheritance.I don't know whether does it sounds crazy to you,but sometimes I really find it a little hard to give my point(uh...what's my point now...?),'un sometimes I find i've missed the point until I finish my whole speech.I think perhaps many people have the same problem as the latter one,but the difference is I'm the sorta do it more frequently than them.Maybe that's why they don't get it,I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
Syd, if you would just type readable words, and maybe tone down the reactivity level, there'd be no problem.
I have been on it!I have been on it!Don't ya see that?I've been trying to be friendly to everybody here...Don't ya see that?Am I much more pleasing now?Am I?XDDDDDDDDD

Quote:
glad to have you back.

Last edited by syd; 01-13-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #2056
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Why is it that some people have the pure ability to hurt you... And they are always the ones you care for most. Why can't this person say, upon knowing you are upset, that they're sorry?

Why can't I say things right over IM and end up sounding like a bad person. Why do I ruin things.

Why have I been crying for a half hour and unable to stop.

And it's at these times that I hate what my life has become. Endless medical bills with no results. Feeling crappy every day of my life. Being no fun because of it. Ruining plans, talks that revolve around my health for the day or hour or minute...
Old 01-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #2057
gobo
Wacky Action

You're harder on yourself than I am on myself. Were I constantly stressed with medical crap like you are, I would make no apology for discussing it. If you want to stop making that the main idea of all your conversations, ask people to help keep your mind off of it for that reason. You're allowed to do that. You're allowed to feel bad too. Just quit beating yourself up for it. It's distressing to others... even moreso than the reasons you keep worrying about. Now, go watch some House.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #2058
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Gobo's advise brought to you by the Great Trash Heap.

Just kidding, Gobo's got a point. Don't apologise for feeling lousy. and if you need to take your mind off it that's definatlly what friends are for.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #2059
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Yeah. Except he's my only RL friend.

And it was over IM, so we all know how that goes. And I never seem to say things or explain things right. I look like the bad guy. I look like the unwantable person.

I hate that I ruin my chances with him so much. I seem to do everything wrong. I wasn't like this before. He liked so many things about me that I think he thinks the opposite of me now.

I am so sorry for being me sometimes.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #2060
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
I am so sorry for being me sometimes.
And, that's the problem. You can't change the past, but the future will only get worse if you dwell on it.

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip