The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #7321
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Now, my homework for this part of a project should be very, very easy. Stupidly easy. I should be able to do it quickly.

But for some reason, I can't seem to wrap my head around the instructions?
Old 07-19-2017, 03:41 PM   #7322
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Could you elaborate a bit on this?
If you were in a terrible situation (someone close to you died, you're in debt, etc.), you would want someone to comfort you. You don't want someone who tries to make your situation about themselves.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #7323
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Ah, I see. Yeah, that would definitely be annoying.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #7324
Vegita-San
Emperor

sometimes when i see a post and my first thought is ' so says the all mighty over seer' ;o)
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #7325
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How an employer can totally think it's just fine to schedule you until 9pm and then have you back in at 7am. I am entirely sick of that crap. I had really hoped the 9pm thing had meant that MAYBE I'd have a later-ish shift Sunday... though I didn't have any hopes up. Nope... nine god damn hours. So much for hoping I could see the newest TMNT episode.

Stupid thing is, my shift Sat. is only 3.5 hours. So I'm sure those who do the scheduling think that a short one makes it okay and ignore the fact that 9pm is the damn problem and come 9pm when I clock out I should already be frigging ASLEEP. So I have no time at all to actually have dinner, try to wind down and get to sleep before having to wake up at 5am or so. And I don't tend to sleep well with a stupid Sat. - Sun. schedule like that, so I'll probably end up with the usual 3 hours of sleep and then have to bust my ass at work for 9 hours thanks to this inventory crap, while being exhausted enough to throw up the entire time... after busting my ass all this week already in prep for inventory. Then add insult to injury the fact that the inventory company people will inevitably wreck the entire store, which we'll of course have to fix while being understaffed to do it.

I am SO tempted to call out Saturday just to get ONE day break within this full weeks worth of exhaustion. Just irks me because what's the point of 3.5 hours other than run myself into the ground trying to straighten up the place Sat. night before it gets destroyed anyhow?? She COULD have just given me that day off before this crap. Knowing me, I will probably go... though I'm tempted to call out. 3.5 hours is not worth it to then spending a really long one Sunday on little sleep and feeling like I could puke and deal with the crappy people from that stupid company. And then a stupid repeat of it Monday...

Tell you what... two team members I saw on the schedule who have all of or most of this week as requested time off, they better as hell be there Sunday and Monday. If they conveniently took vacation through this I will be quietly a bit pissed off. This nonsense should be blackout days and all have to be involved, no one should conveniently get out of it like that...

Hell, I was so tired last night from this week so far that went to bed at 8:30 and still a bit light out... weird for me.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-20-2017 at 06:59 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #7326
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The MacGuffin on one of my fanfictions stopped making sense :/ . And now I have to rework everything.

It was a Prof. Obligado story where he went around Utrominion with a linguist to collect archeological artifacts that were looted and sold on black market, but then I realized...why would an archaeologist and a linguist be doing a job that should be going to law enforcement? The only reason why the linguist was involved was so she could translate them, but she doesn't need to be along for the whole journey. She just needs to translate them at whatever her homebase is.

So now I need an excuse for them to travel together...and have it not be boring. It's primarily just exploring different areas of Utrominion at its base, and also bound to my headcanon that Obligado is Dr. Xeinos' father, so it's about how he met her mother.

But it just seems like a really boring story? And it's Obligado, so by all means, he should be magnetized to dangerous madness, but there's nothing I can think of that would bring him toward it.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:29 PM   #7327
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I can relate. Sometimes you get an idea for a story but then in the middle of it you realize it is boring or has no real point or it just plain does not work. I hate that. Sometimes you have to go back and rework it. Worst case you might need to scrap it.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:33 PM   #7328
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, I know there's a story still there. And there's still a lot that I can do with it, I just don't know the motivation behind them moving around the planet - which even takes them to a cavern in the ocean to pay a visit to the "original" Utroms that still live underwater.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:11 AM   #7329
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Trying to catch up on all the new posts is annoying. Seems like I missed out on some classic 'Drome drama too.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:03 AM   #7330
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Trying to catch up on all the new posts is annoying. Seems like I missed out on some classic 'Drome drama too.
Some of it was truly cancerous. Best you don't look at it. Basically two members who were banned before you signed up came back and started spreading waste all over the drome again.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 07-21-2017 at 02:08 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #7331
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Well, I know there's a story still there. And there's still a lot that I can do with it, I just don't know the motivation behind them moving around the planet - which even takes them to a cavern in the ocean to pay a visit to the "original" Utroms that still live underwater.

I like the underwater Utroms idea. It makes sense that they would evolve from aquatic creatures. Cool concept! As to the story, what if they are on assignment to find "lost" artifacts, and stumble onto the black market connection by accident? They might not even know each other well, but are sent together because of their skills.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #7332
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, that still seems like a job for law enforcement as a whole. Obligado's an archaeologist/researcher, so just because he can research the artifacts, it doesn't mean he necessarily has to be the one to track them down. The same goes for Nalmar, though her polyglot talents could be of at least some help in trying to communicate around the black market. And even if that idea works, I don't think it could take them very far.

Discovering that some pieces of artifact were missing was actually how they met in the version I've outlined so far, when he goes to an ancient village that's being uncovered.

I like to think that terrestrial Utroms are technically still "aquatic" and can swim pretty well - better than they can walk - but they got too stocky and less streamlined than the original form, and thus can't hold their breath underwater as long.

It would be great to bounce ideas, but this probably wouldn't be the place.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #7333
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I can not begin to express how incredibly frustrating it is that our inventory dates are RIGHT after we get a mass load of new fall stuff in, they want to try to get as much of this new inventory unboxed and out onto the floor in prep for it, despite the fact that it's incredibly difficult to even find room for it all, esp without having to rearrange a bunch of crap and waste time doing that just to make space... and then all day today they only schedule TWO of us on who'd be trying to deal with it.

Wtf.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:49 PM   #7334
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

The thing I hate the most about getting back to my usual routine is having to go back to my stupid job. We were understaffed today and I had to deal with a lot of people who didn't know how our menu works. And to top it all off, the only headset we have for drive-thru was acting up, making it hard to hear what customers were ordering.

*sigh* I gotta look for another job.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #7335
Vegita-San
Emperor

where did the phrase 'playing the victim' originate?

I never heard of it up until a few months ago, when I was defending myself against SJW trolls. one of said trolls said I was 'playing the victim' any time I said something they didn't like, and they got angry with me and i got upset at their reaction...

is it ever used properly, or just used when people try to break down your defense against their actions?
Old 07-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #7336
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
The thing I hate the most about getting back to my usual routine is having to go back to my stupid job. We were understaffed today and I had to deal with a lot of people who didn't know how our menu works. And to top it all off, the only headset we have for drive-thru was acting up, making it hard to hear what customers were ordering.

*sigh* I gotta look for another job.
made me think of this ;o)

Old 07-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #7337
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

An addendum to the Cintiq cord problem:
I was able to buy a replacement...finally!

Should have it in a little while.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:06 AM   #7338
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Gross boys on the internet. At least this one started with a "hello there" before going full creeper.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #7339
Vegita-San
Emperor

those tend to be the ones that for whatever reason don't wind up in the friend zone IRL. if you're nice and respectful you tend to either get ignored as boring, or put in friend zone real fast. at least my experience.

no height or beard doesn't help either
Old 07-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #7340
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Gross boys on the internet. At least this one started with a "hello there" before going full creeper.
Uggggghhhh. I hate that! I used to use a gender neutral name to hide that I was a girl. Once they sniffed out that I was, I was swarmed. Now I figure its just better to deal with it as it comes one at a time.