The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #21
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Somehow I knew you were gonna make a big stink about something as simple as people watching TV.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

There are only so many hours in a day. Between TV shows, movies or videogames, there's only so much "free time" one person has to choose between them.

I seriously don't know how people watch hundreds of shows.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #23
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't get it, how do all of have the time to watch all these casual or mediocre shows? When I want to watch something I know it's something really good that I'll enjoy, not just these random lightweight shows that are just on the air because there's nothing else on.
Our shows are mediocre only in your opinion.

Quote:

Nobody here named anywhere near that many shows. I'm sure everyone here is fine.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #24
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I forgot about that show too. It's new season won't start until the fall though.

I've also been watching Transformers: Robots in Disguise, but who knows when that starts up again.
Is that 21? I'm still getting through season 20. It's my first season of South Park but I'm amazed at all the social/political commentary in there. It's a much smarter show than what I expected.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
There are only so many hours in a day. Between TV shows, movies or videogames, there's only so much "free time" one person has to choose between them.

Says the guy who doesn't have any hobbies...?
Old 02-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #26
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
Is that 21? I'm still getting through season 20. It's my first season of South Park but I'm amazed at all the social/political commentary in there. It's a much smarter show than what I expected.
Season 21 does start later this year, yes. You should check out the older episodes.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Nobody here named anywhere near that many shows. I'm sure everyone here is fine.
People don't think they watch many shows, but when you actually stop to think of all the major shows you've watched over the years, rewatch, own on DVD, etc....it comes out to a lot. Especially if the shows go on for a long time like 5-7+ seasons and have hundreds of episodes, you don't actually realize how much time that takes to watch.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #28
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:

Quote:
People don't think they watch many shows, but when you actually stop to think of all the major shows you've watched over the years, rewatch, own on DVD, etc....it comes out to a lot. Especially if the shows go on for a long time like 5-7+ seasons and have hundreds of episodes, you don't actually realize how much time that takes to watch.
Kinda answered yourself there dude.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #29
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I've enjoyed all the DC shows so far but I always waited for Netflix to add the previous season and this year they added the new DC shows and seasons of everything except Arrow so I just ended up not watching any of them..

The first season of Arrow was so good even if it was Batman jr. The other seasons haven't been great but I enjoyed them. Flash I had a few problems but I still liked it and Gotham S1 I genuinely liked it a lot and thought it was a great show except for young Bruce/Selina. It was already a bit dounting watching 3 shows with 22 44-minute episodes each and this year adding two more with Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Netflix didn't add S4 of Arrow so I just decided to skip all the shows.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #30
Wildcat
Foot Elite

TMNT
MY Little Pony FIM
Loud House
Steven Universe
Star vs the Forces of Evil
Scooby Doo
Counterfeit Cat
Simpsons
Family Guy
Bobs Burgers
American Dad
Bones (it's about to end)
Tosh.0
Whose Line?
Madtv (if it returns from last year)
South Park
Adam Ruins Everything
Impractical Jokers
Cake Wars and some other food shows
Mythbusters The Search (I wanna know what becomes of this)
Velocity (all car channel/whatever, if there's something on I like)
Family Feud and some other game shows
NBA basketball and some sports news

It seems like a lot but everything comes out on different days or goes on hiatus plus there's DVR. There's enough time.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:04 AM   #31
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Most shows that we've watched over the years aren't active anymore. The amount of shows I'm watching this season isn't even as much as some years before. Two of the shows I mentioned air every weekday evening, but the prime time shows I mentioned just air once a week, and it's either just one or two of those shows each weeknight. It's only Tuesday night that there isn't anything I watch, and it might end up being the case for Wednesday and Thursday if I decide I don't want to watch two of the shows I mentioned anymore.

And why raise Cain over our TV-watching activities?
Old 02-15-2017, 07:22 AM   #32
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
I don't get it, how do all of have the time to watch all these casual or mediocre shows? When I want to watch something I know it's something really good that I'll enjoy, not just these random lightweight shows that are just on the air because there's nothing else on.

Same way you watch tmnt

*mlg horns
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #33
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sounds like a horrible way to waste free time. And life.
Just wanted to clarify that I genuinely liked season one and most of season two of Gotham. I thought the show was great on its own merits with enough interesting characters and stories to make me keep watching. The actors such as Donal Logue, who plays Harvey Bullock, and Robin Lord Taylor, who portrays Penguin, were great. It was only in the last two episodes of season two that I felt the show became terrible all of a sudden, though I hope the third season is better.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #34
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I'm currently watching The Amazing World Of Gumball, Bob's Burgers, Transformers: The Headmasters, and Futurama. I'm always watching Futurama, I never stop. It's my go to show when I'm bored, I've probably watched the whole show like ten times!
Old 02-17-2017, 12:47 AM   #35
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I'm currently watching The Amazing World Of Gumball, Bob's Burgers, Transformers: The Headmasters, and Futurama. I'm always watching Futurama, I never stop. It's my go to show when I'm bored, I've probably watched the whole show like ten times!
Futurama is my fav show. Bold statement I know, but it's true and I want them to bring it back!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Futurama was already brought back like 3 times. And it was a bit hit or miss, IMO. I watched the entire show, it's best to let it end or else it'll turn out like Simpsons.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #37
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Futurama was already brought back like 3 times. And it was a bit hit or miss, IMO. I watched the entire show, it's best to let it end or else it'll turn out like Simpsons.
I know how you feel about it, but I feel the show still had more to offer and I would be first in line to see it end if I thought the quality was going downhill.

You have to remember they didn't have anywhere near the same budget or the writing staff, in the comedy central run and to be honest some of the best episodes were in that run.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #38
Icebot
Foot Elite

TMNT 2003
Full House
The Wonder Years
TMNT 2012
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #39
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Futurama can never get stale, at least not like The Simpsons. This is a show that's based in the years 3000, where robots run loose and smoke/drink to their content, where mutants and aliens coexist with humans, a show that actually makes you like two bit background characters like Calculon, the Robot Devil, and Hedonismbot. Never once has the show gone down in quality or gotten boring.

Anyways, I started watching Assassination Classroom recently. The show's pretty weird, but in a good way. I really like the main characters, and the setting.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #40
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Actively keeping up with:
  • Call the Midwife
  • Star VS The Forces of Evil
  • Adventure Time
  • Bob's Burgers
  • Nick TMNT

Midwife is the odd one out XD

Watching at leisure:
  • Futurama
  • Bojack Horseman
  • OT TMNT

Haven't watched in a while, but still will if I get around to it:
  • Gravity Falls
  • How to Train Your Dragon, the series
  • Doctor Who
  • Adam Ruins Everything

I'll edit if I remember more.

I pretty much got bored of MLP:FIM in the last two seasons.