The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

Have you dropped the show? do you miss it?

This is the first tmnt series i'm thinking about totally dropping and binge watching when it's all done on netflix or somewhere.

The long breaks certainly are not helping it. Seasons seem to be a thing of the past in this tivo world, and i can't remember when it's new and when it's not. it seems to go away 4 weeks or more at a time, and only shows 4 new episodes at a time....

The humor and action are all kind of juvenile, on par with, or a step below the old show (fart jokes and dancing mushrooms? farting chickens with exploding eggs?)

there is no character development

Things get brought up, and forgotten. characters get introduced and are thrown away. ideas come in for one episode and gone forever. (April's mother. Krang Prime...)

It can't decide if it wants to be a horror show, a somewhat more adult action oriented show, or an all out there family guy comedy action show.

I just don't think it's a good show in general, and only my loyalty to the brand keeps me going at this point. and that gets weaker the more corporate stuff that comes out.

where is the passion and fun and caring that I Saw in most of the 4Kids series? that show seems largely forgotten about...

anyone else feel the same way? Did you finally give up turtles for good? at least with this round? do you miss it?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Of course not. The show is consistently good and I'm watching it till the day it ends, which will hopefully not be until it hits 7 seasons and around 150 episodes.

In all seriousness though, I have no reason to drop it. I enjoy roughly 80% of its episodes and its been consistently enjoyable. I also plan on rewatching it in the future endlessly like I do with the original cartoon and 2k3 series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I haven't dropped the show, the show dropped me....

...well...not really, but holy crap this recent hiatus is insane.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:54 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The long breaks is difficult, but I wouldn't say I've dropped out, just saving up episodes.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #5
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

yeah

i dropped the show after the first episode. complete crap. Feel bad Paulsens name is attached to this.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:19 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
i dropped the show after the first episode. complete crap. Feel bad Paulsens name is attached to this.
You dropped the show after 1 episode, when the first episode was quite good? What?
Old 08-08-2016, 06:28 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I love the show, and I don't mind the long breaks really. There are so many things to do in life that the next episode airs before you know it, and after like 2 months of not seeing any episodes, watching a new episode feels really fresh and exciting to me.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #8
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
I don't think it's complete crap.

30-40% crap maybe, but not complete crap.

Problem lies with a battle between the show runners and nick not having a clear enough vision, I think.

its definitely not the strongest outing. and it's a shame, because it has the potential to be. the animation is there. the music is there. the voices are there. it's just missing that spark.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #9
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You dropped the show after 1 episode, when the first episode was quite good? What?
His first post on these forums was calling for this show to be canceled. He's seen more than the first episode though because I've seen him comment on more than that one. Not sure what that hyperbole is about.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Old 08-09-2016, 08:23 AM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, I haven't dropped this show. I still love it and will keep watching it until it ends. Yeah, I know the breaks are hard to deal with, but all you have to do is either watch the reruns if you want your TMNT fix or try to find something else to do. I've been doing a lot of reading during the hiatus and it's worked for me.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #12
raph27
Mad Scientist

I've been less attentive to it recently. Not really a fan of the space arc. I watched up to Trans-Dimensional Turtles and then didn't watch any until today when I watched Revenge of the Triceratons. Hoping to catch up soon.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #13
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

I won't drop it. When its on hiatus I don't pay a lot of attention to it and wait but I still make sure to catch news about it and stuff.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:20 AM   #14
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I'm not dropping the show. I admit the breaks are discouraging, however it's enough material to keep me entertained. Besides, I have other shows that I take interest in.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #15
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I haven't dropped it, but I haven't kept up with it either.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #16
JH24
Hench Mutant

I haven't dropped it. But I haven't really been keeping up with it either. I wasn't a fan of the Space Arc although there were definitely a few good episodes. I have no idea what they've planned for the second half of the season. The first time I'm going blind into this series.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #17
victory_angel
Foot Elite

I do admit this series has its problems and the breaks are a pain in the butt. But I do enjoy what the show it trying to do and anticipate every episode that comes. To pass the time during hiatuses I do read and enjoy the fanfictions of FF.net. There are a number of them that are written well enough to be just as good as an episode of TMNT if not better. (If anything they go to levels and explore concepts the show can't because of standards and practice.) And I also write a few of these myself, and I do find it humbling every time someone reviewing my work says I should be a writer for the show.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #18
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I'm not dropping the show either, but I do feel like it's the last animated interpretation of TMNT that I'll be this invested in. I need to move on with my life and explore other things in the world.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I'm not dropping the show either, but I do feel like it's the last animated interpretation of TMNT that I'll be this invested in. I need to move on with my life and explore other things in the world.
You do realize you can still do that and still watch TMNT shows. Dropping one franchise isn't going to completely change your life.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #20
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Don't know if I have dropped it completely, but I do have far less interest in it then when I started. I watched up to the midpoint of Season 3 (where they returned to New York) but the character derailments and goofiness of what were supposed to be more 'serious' characters (a lot of the bad guys) made me start losing interest. Plus the space episodes, keeping Karai a morphing mutant instead of a regular human, and having April be overly psychic-powered is something that keeps me from coming back.

I still like the universe, but the main way I keep liking it is by head-canonizing it as all of the space elements, time travel, and degenerating baddies being the product of Mikey trying to take his love of comics up a notch and making up his own, recounting the TMNT's adventures but embellishing them or even completely making up wacky stuff to make them more 'exciting.' He exaggerates some elements and might even make his brothers almost OOC at times (like Donny's almost stalkerish behavior towards April) because he's not totally good at it yet, although making his interactions with the baddies a touch goofy is his way of poking fun at them.

It's a weird way of going about things, but it works for me.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote