The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2004, 06:45 PM   #1
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

The Technodrome's Fifth Anniversary and New Site Design!

On this day in 1999, Shredder and I officially opened The Technodrome on FreeServers under the name "Krang and Shredder's Page," which means that today is not only Halloween, it's also The Technodrome's fifth anniversary! As usual, we have some updates to celebrate it.

First (and most noticeable) is a long overdue redesign! The site had been using the same design (with some minor modifications here and there) ever since we moved to TheTechnodrome.com in September 2000, and the coding and graphics were so outdated that it was beginning to bother me... I had begun to plan a redesign in mid-2002 (which was never completed), but recently I had some ideas that I was able to use in order to put together a new design in time for the anniversary. A few new features have been added, and most of what was on the previous home page is still there (although alot of it has been moved around), but some less useful items were removed completely (like "Today's Date" and the now useless HitBox). Also, as you have probably noticed, the only page that has been redesigned so far is the main page, but eventually all the other pages will be converted over to the new design as well. Well, I hope you enjoy the new design, and feel free to let me know what you think on the forums or through email.

Also, the forums are now back up in a limited state. You can now read all the previous threads, but posting and registration are still disabled for now.

One more thing is that I also added a new poll! This new poll asks for your opinion on the new design as compared to the old one. Feel free to vote in the column to the right. As for the previous poll, 1552 of you (44%) voted Dimension X as your favorite location that the Technodrome was stuck in. The earth's core/underground came in a close second with 1338 votes (38%), and the bottom of the ocean came in third with 400 votes (11%). For the full results of this poll and all other previous polls, visit the Previous Polls page under Information.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote