The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-08-2024, 09:49 PM   #1
Nickss1
New Recruit

Playmate technodrome question

I have a couple questions about the 1990 technodrome.

1. Is there any way to get the guys to man the Lazer blaster on each side of the technodrome. Where there is a purple platform. Like how the box art shows. If not then are they just for show?

2. In the playmate technodrome commercial it shows robot arms on krangs pedestal.
A. Are the arms from krangs robotic walker (sold separately) or included with the technodrome?
B. Will krangs robotic walker arms fit on the pedestal posts?

3. Is there a file available to 3d print krangs red escape hatch?

Thanks everyone for your time
Nick
Nickss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 11:56 AM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickss1 View Post
I have a couple questions about the 1990 technodrome.

1. Is there any way to get the guys to man the Lazer blaster on each side of the technodrome. Where there is a purple platform. Like how the box art shows. If not then are they just for show?
I had a digital Technodrome instruction sheet here somewhere but I can't find it, so here are some images I took of a Technodrome I sold a few years back.

It looks like you could maybe get the turret handle into a figures hand on either side. But unless you propped them up against the "generic technology boxes" on the right and left, the figure would hang there. Either way it's going to be goofy as hell, but hey that's Playmates for you.

Quote:
2. In the playmate technodrome commercial it shows robot arms on krangs pedestal.
A. Are the arms from krangs robotic walker (sold separately) or included with the technodrome?
I am pretty sure they were not included in the Technodrome, after the Technodrome did not come with a "Krang" either. You mmiiiiight be confusing those arms for the "shackles" included in the Technodrome's jail. Pictured below in the lower right corner of the collage....

Quote:
B. Will krangs robotic walker arms fit on the pedestal posts?
I am pretty sure that the arms will fit to that post. That post's sole purpose was to mount Krang on, so it follows that these horizontal posts do indeed peg into Krang's walker arms. I never actually tried with the one that I had here, but you can see the mounting posts in the photography above - I'd lean towards it works.

Quote:
3. Is there a file available to 3d print krangs red escape hatch?
Uncertain, although this seems like something that would be easy enough for a 3-D hobbyist of most skill levels.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-09-2024 at 12:07 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 09:22 PM   #3
Nickss1
New Recruit

Thank you for your reply. Yeah in the commercial krang has grey arms that have to be from his robot. My son spotted it and thought we were missing pieces. Thanks man
Nickss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 02:47 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I think the 1990 Technodrome would've sold better if it came with a Krang action figure.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 10:37 AM   #5
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think the 1990 Technodrome would've sold better if it came with a Krang action figure.
Really? I could see it selling better if it had a wall construct or wall feature of some kind where you could have inserted Krang's Android body or something like that. But the standard Krang was so commonly owned I don't really think that including the "Krang Brain" toy would have impacted sales at all.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote