The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 02-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #41
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i think i MAY know what they have in mind? they plan to cover Joe Quesada in honey and catapult him into a vat of novelty store rubber dog poo!
Why settle for the novelty?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #42
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Why settle for the novelty?
you bring up an excellent point there!!!!
Old 03-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #44
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Called it! Nope, never saw THAT one coming- not AT ALL.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:17 PM   #45
myconius
Abby Normal

i haven't kept up with ASM for a long while.
does MJ have Spider-Powers now?
Old 03-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #46
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I've been out of the Marvel Comics loop for years, however, the following women could be used since they once donned their own Spider-Woman costumes in the previous Spider-Man comics. All Marvel has to do is just revive the characters (if they haven't done so by now.)

Jessica Drew - 1st Spider-Woman
Jessica Carpenter Cornwall - 2nd Spider-Woman / Arachne
Martha "Mattie" Franklin - 3rd Spider-Woman

Plus a Spider-Girl.

Anya Corazon - 2nd Spider-Girl (Since Mayday will probably be left out, even though she was the 1st Spider-Girl.)

With all of that typed up, I don't see why Mary Jane has to be the next Iron Spider candidate.

http://marvel.wikia.com/

I guess I can rely on both Osborn's donning their Goblin threads, lest Stormin' Norman also takes up the Iron Patriot armor.

~ John Adams

Last edited by DarkFell; 03-20-2016 at 10:25 PM.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #47
myconius
Abby Normal

wait??? Norman and Harry Osborn are back from the dead????
Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #48
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Quote:
News from comic con:

-A cockier Peter Parker to go with his buisness
-For people who want a “younger” Peter Parker, there is an all-ages prequel book coming called simply “Spidey”
-MJ will be in a “fun and different place”, that does’nt look like it will be at Peter’s side (in the regular books anyway, she’ll remain his wife in the newspaper strip)
-Harry and Norman will be back
-Joe Kelly is writing a new Spidey/Deadpool series
It seems like that is going to happen.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #49
myconius
Abby Normal

WOW!!!

there's no way in hell it'll find it's way back onto my pull-list, but still... WOW!!!
Old 03-20-2016, 10:40 PM   #50
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Really Marvel? Really??

This is your big plan to make Mary Jane relevant again???

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:20 AM   #51
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
When was the last time you read Spider-Man? Norman's been back for twenty years, and Harry came back nine years ago.

Mary Jane briefly had spider-powers in 2011 (along with most of New York), but was cured of them, she now works for Tony Stark, who's tech enabled Peter to build the original Iron Spider suit back in 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I've been out of the Marvel Comics loop for years, however, the following women could be used since they once donned their own Spider-Woman costumes in the previous Spider-Man comics. All Marvel has to do is just revive the characters (if they haven't done so by now.)

Jessica Drew - 1st Spider-Woman
Jessica Carpenter Cornwall - 2nd Spider-Woman / Arachne
Martha "Mattie" Franklin - 3rd Spider-Woman

Plus a Spider-Girl.

Anya Corazon - 2nd Spider-Girl (Since Mayday will probably be left out, even though she was the 1st Spider-Girl.).
Jessica Drew is already back and has her own title, with a new outfit and a son to look after
Julia Carpenter is now Madame Web
Mattie Franklin was killed off in 2010
Anya is currently leader of the Web Warriors, a team of Spider-Men and Women from across the multiverse, trying to keep the Web of Life safe.
"Mayday" (at least an AU version of Mayday according to her creators) is currently lost in the multiverse

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-21-2016 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #52
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
When was the last time you read Spider-Man? Norman's been back for twenty years, and Harry came back nine years ago.

Mary Jane briefly had spider-powers in 2011 (along with most of New York), but was cured of them, she now works for Tony Stark, who's tech enabled Peter to build the original Iron Spider suit back in 2006.

i knew they brought Norman into the Ultimate universe, but i didn't know they also brought him back in the main continuity as well.

i stopped collecting Spiderman many years ago due to how many multi title cross-overs they kept doing. i was buying every spider-related comic marvel was putting out, but even that wasn't enough since they would also tie-in non-spider books as well.

i tried coming back after 'superior' was done and they re-launched a new #1.
but i still was pretty lost from all the loose ends that carried over from 'superior'.
the 1.1, 1.2 ASM books were a pointless cash grab and then they did spider-verse and i bailed out again.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #53
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
i knew they brought Norman into the Ultimate universe, but i didn't know they also brought him back in the main continuity as well.
Yeah, Norman was revealed to be the mastermind of the Clone Saga. Was that when you dropped the book? I know a lot of people bailed during that story.

ASM really only finally recovered from the Clone Saga in terms of sales around J. Micheal Strazynski's run on the book, and once he left (at the time of the wretched OMD reality retcon), the sales went down the tube until Superior boosted circulation, now sales are pretty bad again, chiefly because Peter as a billionaire is something nobody is taking to, and largely because Dan Slott's creatively spent and has hung around far too long.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:18 AM   #54
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

So apparently doing things that has pissed off fans so much that you get death threats now makes you a fan favorite.

I knew this title was going to get screwed over when Miles came into the main universe. I'm about done with this AMZ at this point.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #55
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Yeah, Norman was revealed to be the mastermind of the Clone Saga. Was that when you dropped the book? I know a lot of people bailed during that story.

ASM really only finally recovered from the Clone Saga in terms of sales around J. Micheal Strazynski's run on the book, and once he left (at the time of the wretched OMD reality retcon), the sales went down the tube until Superior boosted circulation, now sales are pretty bad again, chiefly because Peter as a billionaire is something nobody is taking to, and largely because Dan Slott's creatively spent and has hung around far too long.
yeah, i just couldn't take that clone saga. it felt like they were more interested in seeing how many extra comics they could sucker us into buying instead of giving us a good story.

i was really tempted to try out some of stuff with Strazynski and Romita Jr but just never did.

yeah, i did not like the billionaire Peter Parker at all! and as soon as they introduced a halfway interesting character 'Silk', it seemed like they just wanted to pull her out and make another title to buy!

i completely forgot about Avenging Spiderman!
it was actually almost entertaining when it first came out, but it quickly fell into the "why am i still buying this?" category very much like DC's 'Batman Eternal'

2 of my favorite series Marvel has put out in the last 10 years have been the 'Kiss-Ass' series and the 'Samurai Legend' mini-series that Titan Comics just took over rights to.

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Collec...3M3SKQ7RHQRKGW

that Samurai series if you haven't tried it out is actually pretty awesome!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:26 AM   #56
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Check out The Gauntlet and New Ways To Die storylines of the OMD storylines. Those are two most interesting to me of all the post-OMD stuff.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #57
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Check out The Gauntlet and New Ways To Die storylines of the OMD storylines. Those are two most interesting to me of all the post-OMD stuff.
As much as I loath the Mephistoverse era stories, I concur with this. I think Gauntlet/Grim Hunt is a bit overrated, but it's pretty signficant in establishing Kane's return and reviving Kraven. New Ways to Die is a blast, a great Peter and Green Goblin battle, the début of the all too quickly forgotten Anti-Venom and his conflict with Gargan's Venom, some good Romita Jr. art, plus a very inspired Slott in the days where he actually gave a f*ck about what he was writing.

Also read Renew Your Vows, it's flawed in a lot of places, but it's a great pro-marriage story that proves family man Peter can work
Old 03-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #59
myconius
Abby Normal

Gwenom?!?!?!?!

well at least they are being fairly consistent?
Old 03-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #60
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Okay, I liked the behind Spider-Gwen. I hated the idea behind Gwenpool. So you can imagine how I face palmed so hard after reading that. They literally made this up based on a pun they came up with in a freaking bar!

Okay Marvel, what's next on your list of "bright" descisions for upcoming heroes and villians?

Gwendevil?
The Gwenisher
Gulk (Gwen Hulk)?
Gwen Fist?
Captain Gwenmerica?
The Gwen Skull?
The Gwen Goblin?
Ant-Gwen???

Y'know what, I'll save you the trouble. Just create an alternate earth were the inhabitants are all Gwen! You got your Gwenvengers, The Fantastic Gwens, The G-Women, Gwens for Hire, etc! It'll sell like freaking hot cakes!!

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man