The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #201
funatic
Mad Scientist

I managed to get tickets to the big one in San Diego next summer! I wonder if there will be a lot of hype around the new show on display.

Now I just have to find a place to stay that won’t break the bank... so far the best “deal” I can find that’s within walking distance is $70/night for a dorm bunk in a hostel.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #202
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Glenn Fabry did 3 variant covers for Italian reprints of vol. 2 in the mid-90's, a very obscure reference but nonetheless.
I did not know about these!
I looked on the web and these covers totally rock.
I'm in the middle of the Preacher comic book so the info arrive at the right time!
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:14 PM   #203
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I managed to get tickets to the big one in San Diego next summer! I wonder if there will be a lot of hype around the new show on display.

Now I just have to find a place to stay that won’t break the bank... so far the best “deal” I can find that’s within walking distance is $70/night for a dorm bunk in a hostel.
Still trying to figure out an affordable place to stay during the con... Anyone on these forums have a couch in San Diego I could crash for a week? I can try to get you TMNT SDCC exclusives in return... PM me!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:49 PM   #204
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Still trying to figure out an affordable place to stay during the con... Anyone on these forums have a couch in San Diego I could crash for a week? I can try to get you TMNT SDCC exclusives in return... PM me!
How much does it cost per night to rent a decent camper van?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:22 AM   #205
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
How much does it cost per night to rent a decent camper van?
The ones I've found were more expensive than a hostel and you have to hassle with parking fees on top of it. I'm putting out feelers on Couchsurfing and the like, just thought it would be cool if someone from the forum might be in the area. OR is anyone else going from out of town who might want to roomshare?
Old 07-08-2018, 10:59 PM   #206
funatic
Mad Scientist

Wow, quite the lineup of panels at SDCC this year:

-IDW's TMNT panel
-Rise of the TMNT
-IDW's Saturday Morning Cartoon Jam
-a couple of panels featuring Townsend Coleman's voicework
-Eastman's TMNT/Drawing Blood panel
-Tabletop TMNT

This will be my first time attending SDCC. For those who've attended before how early should I be lining up for the turtle stuff? I imagine Rise will have a big line but do the IDW/Eastman panels fill well in advance as well? I've done NYCC multiple years... is it comparable? Sometimes you can (tom) waltz right in, sometimes you need to camp one or two panels beforehand.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:48 AM   #207
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
This will be my first time attending SDCC. For those who've attended before how early should I be lining up for the turtle stuff? I imagine Rise will have a big line but do the IDW/Eastman panels fill well in advance as well? I've done NYCC multiple years... is it comparable? Sometimes you can (tom) waltz right in, sometimes you need to camp one or two panels beforehand.
What rooms are the panels in? That's usually a good indicator of the expected volume. I would say for the IDW and Eastman panels, might be a good idea to get into the previous panel just in case. Also gives you a chance to move to a better seat when people leave heh.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:05 AM   #208
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
What rooms are the panels in? That's usually a good indicator of the expected volume. I would say for the IDW and Eastman panels, might be a good idea to get into the previous panel just in case. Also gives you a chance to move to a better seat when people leave heh.
According to this site (https://sdccblog.com/2015/06/san-die...om-capacities/) those two are a little on the smaller side: 28DE (seats 297), and 23ABC (seats 374). The Rise room can seat over 1000 though, but should i still stake that out far in advance, or is the regular world not as curious as these forums? lol
Old 07-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #209
Mayhem
Foot Elite

The last Eastman panel I went to at LFCC was in one of those rooms and it was rammed. I'd suggest getting there for the previous panel heh.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #210
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
The last Eastman panel I went to at LFCC was in one of those rooms and it was rammed. I'd suggest getting there for the previous panel heh.
Well his appearances across the pond might be a little more in demand, haha, but yeah always best to err on the side of comicaution and show up early.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:19 PM   #211
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Boston Comic Con

Any TMNT artists at Boston Comic Con this year? It looks like the answer is no (besides Jim Lee).
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:25 AM   #212
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Any TMNT artists at Boston Comic Con this year? It looks like the answer is no (besides Jim Lee).
I did a quick look thru the guest list. No major IDW or Mirage guys, obviously. Khary Randolph will be there. He did art for one of the Dimension X minis and some design work on the 2003 show. Also Ian Nichols who has done a handful of IDW covers (maybe some other stuff?). A couple other IDW variant cover guys like Chris Uminga and Tony Kordos... yeah pretty slim pickings for TMNT.

Regardless, I’m debating making the trip from western mass with the amount of celeb talent that’s there. Even though I’m fresh off my first visit to SDCC and still recovering, might be worth the trek alone to hear Goldblum charmingly stammer in person.

Did you go last year Chris? I haven’t been since Fan Expo took the reins, wondering if it’s any better/worse...
Old 08-04-2018, 06:10 AM   #213
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I did a quick look thru the guest list. No major IDW or Mirage guys, obviously. Khary Randolph will be there. He did art for one of the Dimension X minis and some design work on the 2003 show. Also Ian Nichols who has done a handful of IDW covers (maybe some other stuff?). A couple other IDW variant cover guys like Chris Uminga and Tony Kordos... yeah pretty slim pickings for TMNT.

Regardless, I’m debating making the trip from western mass with the amount of celeb talent that’s there. Even though I’m fresh off my first visit to SDCC and still recovering, might be worth the trek alone to hear Goldblum charmingly stammer in person.

Did you go last year Chris? I haven’t been since Fan Expo took the reins, wondering if it’s any better/worse...
Yeah I went last year. It's not bad, it's definitely different, and more focused on celebrities than on comic artists, which sucks for me. I think what gets to me most is most, is all of the artists are some of the biggest names, which s cool but they have crazy expensive costs for a skecth.

If you're there and see me, say hi, I'll be most likely be wearing a vintage TMNT shirt, haha.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:09 AM   #214
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Frankie's Comics is doing a series of Mirage #1 reprints for Baltimore, if anyone is interested...!
Old 09-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #215
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

I'll try to snag the set.
Yet using Dark Leo on the cover of a Mirage #1 reprint really isn't my cup of tea.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #216
funatic
Mad Scientist

looks like Laird is signing with Lavigne at SuperMegaFest in Framingham, MA October 13th-14th.

I think I'll be away that weekend but definitely encourage others to check it out. I saw Eastman there around 5 years back, was first in line and he gave me the awesome sketch that is my current avatar pic!
Old 09-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #217
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
looks like Laird is signing with Lavigne at SuperMegaFest in Framingham, MA October 13th-14th.

I think I'll be away that weekend but definitely encourage others to check it out. I saw Eastman there around 5 years back, was first in line and he gave me the awesome sketch that is my current avatar pic!
I was thinking about checking it out. But I think I’d rather see Eastman in November in CT if I can pull it off. I was kinda hoping he would show up somewhere a little closer this year though.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:25 PM   #218
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:

Does anyone know how much he usually charges for signatures???
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #219
Toitlefan
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Does anyone know how much he usually charges for signatures???
Steve Lavigne recently answered this question on Facebook.

“No charge unless you have a bunch, then a small charge perhaps”.

When I saw him at Shellback a few years ago I had about 5 books signed with no charge.
Toitlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:34 AM   #220
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toitlefan View Post
Steve Lavigne recently answered this question on Facebook.

“No charge unless you have a bunch, then a small charge perhaps”.

When I saw him at Shellback a few years ago I had about 5 books signed with no charge.
Awesome!!!! Now can anybody hook me up with a place to stay jk. Can anybody recommend a good place to stay that affordable??? I am traveling from Ohio and do no know the area well.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote