The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #2621
ninjaduck
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Any chance it hit and scalpers got them?
No not up yet
ninjaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:48 PM   #2622
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Seeing lots out in the wild in fb groups. Ohio/Michigan area along with the April 2 packs.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #2623
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

I doubt it is actually going up tonight still.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #2624
vexdar
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
I doubt it is actually going up tonight still.
It better! I've been waiting all evening
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:03 PM   #2625
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Has NECA posted anything on their media sites about a delay?
Old 10-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #2626
ninjaduck
Random Punk

Quote:
No they go radio silent when things don't go as planned
ninjaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:08 PM   #2627
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
Coming at this from a variety of angles it's actually getting harder and harder to deny the logic of this epiphany I had. I don't want to buy from scalpers, but realizing that it also means not having to search and also impacting Target and NECA by removing yourself from the buying pool is actually a little appealing.

Example
NECA produces 1 2-Pack. They distribute it poorly and limit the market through Target's awful system. It's bought by a scalper 1 time.

If TMNT fan buys from scalper then NECA still only produced 1 2-pack and now that fan is out of the buying pool.

But if TMNT fan continues to wait and is in the buying pool, then NECA produces 2 2-packs, one for the scalper and now realizes more are needed to fit "demand". NECA & Target are rewarded twice for their BS because the scalper made the buy and now the fan still needs to make the buy.

gas+personal time+no product= personal loss > product+scalped markup-no more need to search-NECAs diminished need to produce more= personal gratification

I'm not really trying to make a solid case to reward scalpers, but I don't want to reward NECA anymore either. You've gotta admit there's something to it there. You've got to admit that there's a veiled system there when NECA tweets "don't buy from the scalpers, we will make more", when in fact that information is actually rewarding NECA & Target for all of this epic disaster.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:56 AM   #2628
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It's bad enough that these go in stock for about 5 minutes and then very rarely (if ever) restock online... they can't even give us a reliable timeframe. They say "it's going up day X!" and then goes up 2 days later at an unpredictable time.

But when Hasbro has an exclusive going on target.com this same problem doesn't occur. Funny isn't it.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #2629
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
Yeah not surprised, guess I’ll look for it on Monday.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:57 AM   #2630
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I wasn’t surprised when these didn’t go live. Earlier during the week on Twitter, Neca was asked if they had an idea when this would go live, since they didn’t hit on the date they posted on their calendar. They came out saying something to the effect “we have no control over Target”. Two days ago, they post on Facebook that these would go live yesterday on Target’s site. ????????*??????????*??????????*??
So I’m thinking maybe Monday now. The Traag 2 pack was suppose to be live on a Friday, place holder was up a day before, didn’t go live till the following Monday.

It would be so much easier for them to sell all their items on their page.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #2631
DarthKrang
Mouser

Thenecastore has the Triceraton/Roadkill Rodney pack available for international customers. It doesn’t say preorder, nor does it mention a release date, but I haven’t seen it listed anywhere else in Canada yet.
DarthKrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:19 AM   #2632
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Okay well I'll pick this up again on Monday then....
Old 10-24-2020, 10:00 AM   #2633
FooKid
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKrang View Post
Thenecastore has the Triceraton/Roadkill Rodney pack available for international customers. It doesn’t say preorder, nor does it mention a release date, but I haven’t seen it listed anywhere else in Canada yet.
Nice, ordered from here. Hopefully Canada gets pre-orders for the rest of the wave soon.
FooKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:27 AM   #2634
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I heard a little bird tell me that international customers (including Canada) are not going to be happy soon. In all fairness, USA should before on their list since we are the prime demographic.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #2635
Technorover85
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I heard a little bird tell me that international customers (including Canada) are not going to be happy soon. In all fairness, USA should before on their list since we are the prime demographic.
USA is the Prime Demographic yes, but TMNT is popular in Canada also. When did Neca say they were not shipping to Canada with TMNT product? I hope that's not true. They just posted the Triceraton/Rodney 2 pack for international purchase. That's a very strange thing to do for a company uninterested in shipping internationally. Bigbad Toystore also has the Pirate Bebop and Rocksteady and Baxter up for international fans as well. Interesting.
Technorover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:53 AM   #2636
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technorover85 View Post
USA is the Prime Demographic yes, but TMNT is popular in Canada also. When did Neca say they were not shipping to Canada with TMNT product? I hope that's not true. They just posted the Triceraton/Rodney 2 pack for international purchase. That's a very strange thing to do for a company uninterested in shipping internationally. Bigbad Toystore also has the Pirate Bebop and Rocksteady and Baxter up for international fans as well. Interesting.
Stuff I heard for next year. Hope it’s not true. Really want this line to keep going and a expanded market helps that. They just need to make the USA market happy first and then move to other foreign areas.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:55 AM   #2637
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Just popped in for my regular whining session about how I have $250 I'd like to give to NECA/Target for 3 tri/rod packs and 2 april/foot packs but neither one appears to want it that badly.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #2638
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Remember when we used to complain about con exclusives being hard to get. Compared to this that was easy.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #2639
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Just popped in for my regular whining session about how I have $250 I'd like to give to NECA/Target for 3 tri/rod packs and 2 april/foot packs but neither one appears to want it that badly.
Like I said, the question is becoming do you want to reward the scalper by buying through that person, or do you want to reward NECA twice - once when the scalper buys through NECA distribution and then again when NECA tells you not to buy from the scalper because NECA will produce more and maybe you'll find another one they sold to Target for yourself?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #2640
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

So far I haven't fed the scalpers. I can understand if some have. I'm close to caving and getting April on ebay.

I don't really understand the scalpers on these...they have hype but aren't selling for the usual requisite 2x cost to make scalping worth the while after seller fees/shipping. So why are they bothering when there are many other things they could be scalping for more?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote