The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #1821
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'll see your three Jokers and raise you six Batmen. Hooray.
Don't forget the 12 Robins, at least two of them are zombies.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #1824
CyberCubed
Overlord

Who is the other Batman?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #1825
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's Luke Fox
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #1826
ZariusTwo
Overlord

IGN feature on Future State, with comments from the Superman editor...says there will be moments in the regular books where fans will see certain events known to Future State play out, and will wonder if the regular timeline will have a different outcome, and which ones lean further into it

https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-futu...an-batman-2021
Old 10-16-2020, 11:28 AM   #1827
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Scott Snyder promises Future State is just the beginning of the post-Death Metal fallout

https://www.cbr.com/dc-future-state-...al-2021-plans/
Old 10-18-2020, 07:29 PM   #1828
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

If anyone likes solid one and done stories then Detective Comics#1028 is for you.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #1830
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

MY LCS has gotten no new DC books for the last two weeks, Is it because of the UCS distributor is what region I am in? I hate having to read my pull list online before I can get them in the store.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #1831
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Batman#101 resolves where Bruce stands with Selina in a way that actually doesn't tick anyone off

Bruce and Selina are still together, but they agree to take a year long break so Bruce can rebuild himself and Gotham, and so Selina can clear her name and find a way of keeping Penguin, Riddler, and the rest of the mob off her back. Perhaps King's Bat/Cat book is set after the year is passed?

But wait!

...over in Catwoman, Ram V takes several swipes at how Selina's been in the bat books. She tells Leo she "got soft" wanting to be an "uptown girl" and ignites a war against the mob to remind everyone of who she is. Later on, she confides in her sister that she's reeling from having her heart broken. Ram's clearly not communicating with Tynion here, who presented Bruce and Selina as still having a healthy committed relationship despite both having to separate for a bit to sort out their problems, with full intentions to come back to each other as better people.

Over in Nightwing

The Nightwings disband per Dick's request. Dick visits Alfred's grave and talks to his ghost.

Dick doesn't have an interest in Babs at the moment, he wants to make it work with Bea, babs warns him he can't know true happiness unless he is true to himself. KGBeast is hot on his tail and traces him to Bea's bar, he tears the place up and takes Bea prisoner. Next Issue: "Price Paid", say goodbye to Dick'N'Bea it seems
Old 10-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #1832
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Three Jokers#3 was sold early and people on reddit are spoiling it for some via PM requests. Haven't gotten around to requesting the full details but apparently two spoilers are

Spoiler:
1. Jim Gordon is again aware Barbara is Batgirl
2. Alan Moore Joker is the only Joker that survives
Old 10-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #1833
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Three Jokers#3 was sold early and people on reddit are spoiling it for some via PM requests. Haven't gotten around to requesting the full details but apparently two spoilers are

Spoiler:
1. Jim Gordon is again aware Barbara is Batgirl
2. Alan Moore Joker is the only Joker that survives
So that would be:

Spoiler:
The Comedian, and not the Gangster? Interesting.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:38 AM   #1834
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Three Jokers#3

Spoiler:
Bruce, Barbra and Jason discuss the multiple Jokers and the plan to create a 'better' one. Jason and Bruce briefly argue, Bruce is informed that Joe Chill has been abducted from Blackgate, he visits his cell and finds unfinished letters written to Bruce Wayne. He talks to a reverened about the letters, who tells him of Chill's learning disabilities. Bruce finds a letter addressed to Batman specifically, he opens it and finds tickets to the movie theatre that was showing Mark of Zorro the night of his parent's murder.

The three Bats arrive at the theatre and split up to look around. Babs and Jason are confronted by swarms of Jokers. Bruce confronts the Criminal Joker, who has Joe Chill hanging above a vast vat of chemicals. The Criminal wants Joe Chill to be the "Joker who matters' to Batman.

The whole time the confrontations are playing out, Chill's confession to the Comedian Joker plays out on the big screen. He knew who the Waynes were when he confronted them in the alleyway, it wasn't a random shooting. He picked his targets because he blamed them for the kind of lifestyle he was presently living and wanted payback. He felt bad after he realised he'd left their son without a parent. He apologises.

Bruce saves Chill and defeats the Criminal. Bruce then forgives Chill. Criminal tries to kill Bruce but is shot dead by the Comedian...the last Joker standing. He surrenders and he and Bruce have a chat in the back of the police van. Like in the regular continuity, Joker does know Bruce's identity but will never tell. He goes on to suggest that he created the Criminal Joker, but doesn't commit to that revelation, and also suggests the Criminal created him. It will remain forever ambiguous as to whether or not this was a long con by the Joker to try and break Batman and Gotham further.

Joker reveals the whole idea of trying to convert Chill to a Joker was his idea, and he takes great satisfaction in knowing that Bruce forgave Chill, he is now credited with healing Bruce's greatest wound, so that now he and he alone can be Batman's greatest pain.

Jason asks Babs if there is a chance they can be together, Babs doesn't think so. Jason departs, Commisioner Gordon asks Batgirl how she's feeling, and then suddenly says he doesn't want her involved with Red Hood. Babs says "that's my buisness..." and addresses him as "dad".

Jason isn't done trying to win Babs' heart though, and writes a love letter to her that he pins on her door, but the note falls off and is swept away by a cleaner.

Joe Chill is visited by Bruce in Blackgate, and he eventually dies.

Bruce tells Alfred that he figured out the Joker's identity a week after they first met, it's then revealed that the Joker's wife from Killing Joke is actually alive, having had her death faked and given a new identity by the Gotham police. She was in an abusive relationship and was heavily pregnant. Bruce tracks them down to Alaska where he watches over the family.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-27-2020 at 04:10 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:32 PM   #1835
Leo656
The Franchise

I was at the comic book store today and they had all three issues of "3 Jokers", so I figured screw it. Also picked up some random new Superman books and #2 and 4 of that Death Metal gimmick they're doing, since it's all they had of that. I'm so far out of the loop I wouldn't even know where to begin, but I figured I could just pick stuff up now and fill holes in later.

Haven't read 3 Jokers yet, was gonna do it later. We'll see if it plays as laughable as it reads in description.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #1836
AquaParade
Banned

Three Jokers ended on a big whimper for me. I've never really been into the writing of Geoff John's, so it's not a huge surprise, but the art and premise had me feeling optimistic it would be something interesting and fresh.

A few cool moments throughout, sure, but nothing that felt like it paid off the mystery and buildup that was first brought about years ago now.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:54 PM   #1837
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Three Jokers ended on a big whimper for me. I've never really been into the writing of Geoff John's, so it's not a huge surprise, but the art and premise had me feeling optimistic it would be something interesting and fresh.

A few cool moments throughout, sure, but nothing that felt like it paid off the mystery and buildup that was first brought about years ago now.
The Joe Chill stuff was great, but man oh man, that story really did limp to a conclusion, didn't it?

Should have never done THREE Jokers in the first place. The only good part of the conclusion could have been done with just one of them.

A lotta dumb things in the series. Still really liked seeing Red Hood gun down one of the three Jokers, though. That was nice.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:00 PM   #1838
Leo656
The Franchise

Flipping through it, the art for Three Jokers definitely looks very good. That dude's always got a lot on the ball, though, so no surprise there. "Great job doing what you're supposed to do" and all'a that.

For anyone interested for whatever reason, here's everything I picked up, as posted elsewhere:

Death To The Army Of Darkness #4 and 5
Batman: Three Jokers #1, 2 and 3
Dark Nights: Death Metal #2 and 4
Death: The High Cost of Living #1, 2 and 3 (of 3)
He-Man: The Eternity War #3
He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #4
History of the DC Universe TPB
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #89 and 90
Rorschach #1
The Shadow (1986 mini-series) #1, 2, 3 and 4 (of 4)
Superman: Action Comics #1025 and 1026
Superman #24 and 25
The Man of Steel (2018 mini-series) #1-6 (of 6)
Superman Adventures #11 and 38
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #110
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin #1
Wonder Woman (1982) #295
World's Finest (1982) #279

So yeah, plenty of reading to do. I have Chinese food right now, though, so that's gonna have to wait a while.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #1839
AquaParade
Banned

Damn, grabbing over $100 in comics and some Chinese food sounds like my kinda day.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:18 PM   #1840
Leo656
The Franchise

F*ckin'-A right, pal.

The Chinese was something of an audible. We happened to go past the place across the street from where I USED TO work and saw that they were open again. So we dropped in on the way home since we haven't been there in like 6 months. I'm glad they're still around. The lady who runs the place flipped out when she saw us. That was nice.

So I did my part in stimulating the economy and supported TWO small businesses today. All in all, feels pretty good.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman