The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #21
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And...I enjoyed those episodes. As I said, go look through the episode review threads both here and other places, and you'll see plenty of people enjoyed those episodes.
Well that's them. I'm a tough reviewer/critic and I feel I have to be in order to be fair ("an acquired taste" as others might call it). You and those guys are obviously easy-going/soft/easily-satisfied reviewers who probably do or probably don't care about being fair with how you judge and/or rank what you watch.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

The overwhelming majority of reviews were favorable. I also loved the Baxter/Scumbug/Antrax episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:43 PM   #23
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

I'm harsh on this show too, but even I loved Mutant Gangland and Insecta Trifecta. Not so much the rest, but that's me.

CyberCubed gave logical and purely subjective reasons as to why he likes those episodes, no need to force your opinion on everyone else like it's fact, Insighter. You're taking a subjective statement of your own and making out to be objective. Stop it. You can just not buy the DVD, and CyberCubed can buy the DVD if he so chooses. Everyone wins.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:15 PM   #24
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
... You're taking a subjective statement of your own and making out to be objective...
The way I look at it is that while art may be subjective, most of the time it's also entertainment. Sports is also entertainment and we have tons of outlets, critics, and personalities (they're paid too mind you) to determine who the best teams, players, etc. are through analysis, introspection, and debate. There are also standards to determine what is a great movie, TV show, etc.

That's why some movies (ex. "Citizen Kane", "The Godfather", "Schindler's List", etc.) are heralded as the greatest, and we also have critics and the Academy to help determine that. Are they (as well as the sports outlets & critics) always right? No! But the fact that 1) you can't be objective about this stuff and 2) you can be objective about sports (at least in a way) but never about this kind of entertainment, is a load of bull! So let's just debate! No one's getting banned from this place or going to jail and having the key thrown away if they're wrong--or could be wrong--about something here, so let's just debate. 'Kay?

P.S. I myself am never always right here but I am always fair and/or honest. If someone makes a good case, or even a good rebuttal (even if it's against me), I'm going to listen and concede to them. The opposite? Not so much.

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 11-30-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:23 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Interesting to compare the VUDU "volume 8" episode listing with the DVD listing:
http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...rtles-Volume-8

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:40 PM   #26
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
P.S. I myself am never always right here but I am always fair and/or honest. If someone makes a good case, or even a good rebuttal (even if it's against me), I'm going to listen and concede to them. The opposite? Not so much.
You say this and yet when somebody comes to you with logical arguments (in this very thread, even), you don't listen and simply continue on, with no real argument of your own.

These episodes have problems, but that doesn't have to hinder enjoyment. I like the movie Aladdin. It has very big faults but I still like to watch it. Just because it isn't one of the greatest Disney movies of all time, then by your logic, it's not okay for me to watch it. Let people buy the DVDs they want to buy. Leave the "good rebuttals" for other threads where they are welcomed. 'Kay?
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:43 PM   #27
TMNTInsighter
Banned

1) I have conceded before but you either never checked or you're just letting your current emotional state get in the way here. Not to mention that those were not logical arguments by Cyber and you know it. If you looked at so many of the stuff this guy has said as well, you'd know he hardly uses logic.
2) Aladdin is not a bad movie! I don't know where you came up with that but you can not drag that into this (obviously) personal and self righteous crusade against me, that's not fair.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #28
ToTheNines
[sic]

For real though, there's already a thread for this release: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=56592

Last edited by ToTheNines; 11-30-2016 at 05:26 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:58 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And...I enjoyed those episodes.
And that has nothing to do with anything. Again, maybe YOU liked them, it doesn't mean every tmnt fan ever has to as well.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:25 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
And that has nothing to do with anything. Again, maybe YOU liked them, it doesn't mean every tmnt fan ever has to as well.
What on earth are you talking about? I was responding to a guy who said I can't like those episodes, and I said I liked them.

Did you even follow the conversation or are just randomly quoting posts without context?
Old 11-30-2016, 10:18 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

No but it's the same thing you always do. You like/dislike something and expect everyone else to do too. And when someone points out valid reasons why they do or don't like something your usual answer is 'lol what? But I liked/disliked this' as if that was the bottom line.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
No but it's the same thing you always do. You like/dislike something and expect everyone else to do too. And when someone points out valid reasons why they do or don't like something your usual answer is 'lol what? But I liked/disliked this' as if that was the bottom line.
I said I liked those episodes.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:49 AM   #33
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
1) I have conceded before but you either never checked or you're just letting your current emotional state get in the way here. Not to mention that those were not logical arguments by Cyber and you know it. If you looked at so many of the stuff this guy has said as well, you'd know he hardly uses logic.
The episode ranking thread, your anger against Powder over the Splinter scenario earlier this year, getting mad at me for changing Cube's point on City at War... sorry, but no. Aaron in addition to myself have got our emotions in check 99% of the time, but you have snapped before. Considering the same with what happened to Cube right on this thread, you're not proving to us otherwise. No, I don't agree with him (hell, the "LOL, what?" gets mundane) but he did provide reason to like the episodes. Lay off him; believe me, it's more annoying in other threads involving General Discussion rather than just TMNT.

Since we're discussing "great" episodes, anyone mind telling me how Bat in the Belfry was satire or remotely good? All I saw was a 60's Batman love fest with Wingnut and Screwloose that got annoying during it's montage; that's not charming or satirized material, it's a chore to sit through. The April plot wasn't much better. Literally, the two things I liked in the episode were the voices of the duo in addition to the comic debate at the beginning, that's it. I wouldn't say I'm a super hero buff by any means, but if I saw "satire", I'd be seeking cliches made fun of, sorta like the cartoons within this show.

Literally, the only two episodes I fully enjoyed were Ever-Burning Fire and Mutant Gangland. They're not without their flaws, but they're enjoyable in their own rights. The others not so much.

I digress either way, but I'd say just watch the episodes online if you find a good site. If you're a collector of TMNT or like the episodes, purchase it or wait for the complete fourth season DVD when it comes out. No harm, no foul.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #34
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Picked it up this today. Completely missed it when it came back from break after they saved earth. Caught some of them on demand the wednesday before thanksgiving. I think i have only seen ever burning fire, earth's last stand and bat in the belfry. I might have seen mutant gangland. I love the pull tabs they have been giving us. Raph's looks the best of the bunch so I can't wait for Donatello.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I bought a copy from Wal-mart since it came with a VUDU digital redemption code. I had a little trouble redeeming it because VUDU had previously only made the TMNT show available for purchase in "Volumes" or as individual episodes. The previous DVD carried a redemption for the equivalent of "Volume 7," which had two extra episodes than were contained on the DVD.

VUDU has a listing for "Volume 8" but that includes the episodes "City at War" through "The Power Inside Her," which is considerably different than the DVD episode list. After some customer service help, I was able to redeem Earth's Last Stand for the exact number of episodes on the disc, though with the bonus of having the digital copies in HDX as opposed to Standard definition.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #36
ToTheNines
[sic]

They must have fixed it, but it's still weird. Instead of Volume 8, the episodes are just labelled as "Bundle".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote