The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
Wolfie65
Foot Soldier

Earth's Last Stand DVD

Just saw this advertised, I've collected all of them so far, but haven't been very happy with any of the episodes since about Showdown in Dimension X.
What say you - worth buying or would that be throwing good money after bad ?
Wolfie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
TMNTInsighter
Banned

I personally would not buy that myself. Remember, we're talking about "The Ever Burning Fire" to "Bat in the Belfry" here.

P.S. Don't you mean the first season finale (simply known as "Showdown") or "The War for Dimension X" from this season?
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
I personally would not buy that myself. Remember, we're talking about "The Ever Burning Fire" to "Bat in the Belfry" here.
?
Most of these were great episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:58 AM   #4
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Name them then.

There is not a great episode on this list except for the non-April parts of "Bat in the Belfry"! The only other one that comes close to being a great episode is "Broken Foot" and even then it suffered from poor rationalization and forced (if not cliche) writing. The rest are awful to mediocre.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

LOL, what? I pretty much enjoyed all those episodes, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #6
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, what? I pretty much enjoyed all those episodes, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
That's why others here including myself can't take you seriously.

I'm going to keep these short: "Ever Burning Fire" was mediocre w/ Dregg going out with a whimper being the low point. ELS was an absolute mess for a LOT of reasons! "City at War" was the definition of a rushed episode! "The Insecta Trifecta" was a mixed bag in terms of comedy and Raph's internal conflict was mostly poorly dramatized. "Mutant Gangland" was no "Casey Jones vs the Underworld"! MG was an episode you couldn't take seriously, but it was also messy without much to compensate for that. And I just talked about "Broken Foot" and "Bat in the Belfry."

By calling these great episodes, you're putting them up there with the likes of "Never Say Xever", "The Gauntlet", "Vengeance is Mine", "Enemy of my Enemy", "Annihilation: Earth!", "Tale of the Yokai", "Into Dimension X", "Slash and Destroy", and "The Invasion." And you're telling me that the "Earth's Last Stand" episodes are great?! That's not fair. If you really think they are "great episodes" you need your head examined...as if your disregard for plot inconsistencies and the belief that there aren't any problems with continuity in this series aren't enough.

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 11-30-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
That's why others here including myself can't take you seriously. .
You can't take me seriously because I said I liked those episodes? What is your problem, lately? You seem to be bothered by people liking or saying things you disagree with.

I liked those episodes. I didn't say all of them were great, some were fairly average or "just ok" but I didn't dislike them.

And I absolutely loved "Mutant Gangland," Insect Trifecta" the last few space eps, and the first City at War ep was Ok too. If you looked through the review threads you would see many people who liked those episodes.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #8
TMNTInsighter
Banned

My "problem" is that I'm trying to be fair! You never do! You can't just say that an episode is great or is better than this one without making a point or establishing a good and reasonable case. Saying that these episodes are just as good if not better than the ones I just mentioned would be like saying that Bryce Harper is a better baseball player than Babe Ruth. It's not fair.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
My "problem" is that I'm trying to be fair! You never are! You can't just say that an episode is great or is better than this one without a good and established case. Saying that these episodes are just as good if not better than the ones I just mentioned would be like saying that Bryce Harper is a better baseball player than Babe Ruth. It's not fair.
What is so hard about realizing people can like episodes just as much as others? As I said, go look through the review threads for the episodes, you'll see plenty of other people on this forum who liked those episodes. In fact I remember nearly all of them getting positive reviews but a few.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #10
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
What is so hard about realizing people can like episodes just as much as others? As I said, go look through the review threads for the episodes, you'll see plenty of other people on this forum who liked those episodes. In fact I remember nearly all of them getting positive reviews but a few.
Are the episodes on this DVD better than the ones I just mentioned? Are they even as good as them?
Old 11-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Are the episodes on this DVD better than the ones I just mentioned? No they're not! They are not great episodes end of discussion!
Do you actually realize what you're doing? You're enforcing your opinions onto others and saying they can't like episodes because of previous episodes.

I liked "Mutant Gangland" just as much as many of the best episodes of the earlier season. So why are you telling me I can't like an episode? It's like you're trying to speak for other people here, everyone can see what you're doing.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:52 PM   #12
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:

I liked "Mutant Gangland" just as much as many of the best episodes of the earlier season.
You can't put "Mutant Gangland" up there as one of the best. It's not even as good as those from 'the earlier season'. When you look back on this series, "Tale of the Yokai" and "Annihilation: Earth!" are episodes you would remember. Even looking back on this season (let alone the series), you would not remember "Mutant Gangland." No one would! To put "Mutant Gangland" up there with episodes that tried to be good and succeeded is not fair.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
You can't put "Mutant Gangland" up there as one of the best. It's not even as good as those from 'the earlier season'. . Even looking back on this season (let alone the series), you would not remember "Mutant Gangland." No one would! To put "Mutant Gangland" up there with episodes that tried to be good and succeeded is not fair.
An episode doesn't have to be "important to the story" to be good. I thought the episode was great because of the gangsters fighting the Mutanimals, I remember the action scenes being very well done in the episode, I enjoyed the way the Mutanimals and Casey were in the episode, and so forth.

Saying "No one would put an episode up there with eps that tried to be good" once again sounds like you're speaking for other people.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:05 PM   #14
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
An episode doesn't have to be "important to the story" to be good.
Of course. "Bat in the Belfry" for example was at its best when it focused on W&S and the satire on comics it was having fun with. "Never Say Xever", "Into Dimension X", "Turtles in Time", "Tale of the Yokai", etc. were also good filler episodes.

Quote:
I thought the episode was great because of the gangsters fighting the Mutanimals, I remember the action scenes being very well done in the episode
There have been lots of fights in this series! Plus, the fights in that episode were nowhere close to being as good as in episodes such as "Never Say Xever". Everyone remembers how good and fluid the turtles moved in that first fight scene and the direction was handled excellently. Compared to episodes such as that, the fights in this were basic if not choppy at points.

Quote:
I enjoyed the way the Mutanimals and Casey were in the episode, and so forth.
The Mutanimals weren't in "Casey Jones vs the Underworld" and Casey wasn't in "Mutant Gangland". And even then, so what? Those are not dominant factors either way. What is a dominant factor is how they're used! Just being there isn't enough you should know that!

Casey was a big part of CJvtU and he was utilized excellently. The Mutanimals, other than showing how they've become able to fight as a team at the end of their fight against Hammer, were fractured and not utilized very well in MG. They've been better character-wise in other episodes. They also obviously had to deal with the transition from Pigeon Pete to Mondo Gecko, it was also not handled very well.

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 11-30-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #15
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I find it ironic how Cubeycubes is saying others are forcing their opinions on others when that's all he does. You can't say one negative thing about a tmnt series he likes without him posting to its defense seconds later, even if it's unwarranted. And his main defense is always 'what, but I enjoyed -insert episode here-' as if you say that if HE enjoyed it, then certainly everybody else in the entire tmnt Fandom MUST have enjoyed it too or they're simply insane. That is not a defense or an excuse for a bad episode. You liking it doesn't help or hinder the case.

So is this set in order or just random episodes thrown together like that Pulverizer dvd?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #16
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I find it ironic how Cubeycubes is saying others are forcing their opinions on others when that's all he does. You can't say one negative thing about a tmnt series he likes without him posting to its defense seconds later, even if it's unwarranted. And his main defense is always 'what, but I enjoyed -insert episode here-' as if you say that if HE enjoyed it, then certainly everybody else in the entire tmnt Fandom MUST have enjoyed it too or they're simply insane. That is not a defense or an excuse for a bad episode. You liking it doesn't help or hinder the case.

So is this set in order or just random episodes thrown together like that Pulverizer dvd?
It's episodes 13-19 of Season 4: "The Ever Burning Fire", "Earth's Last Stand", "City at War", "Broken Foot", "The Insecta Trifecta", "Mutant Gangland", and "Bat in the Belfry." So yes, it's in order. Whether you think that's something you want to add to your DVD collection is up to you but like I said, I wouldn't.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #17
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It's episodes 13-19 of Season 4: "The Ever Burning Fire", "Earth's Last Stand", "City at War", "Broken Foot", "The Insecta Trifecta", "Mutant Gangland", and "Bat in the Belfry." So yes, it's in order. Whether you think that's something you want to add to your DVD collection is up to you but like I said, I wouldn't.
You wouldn't? But... but CyberCubed loved those episodes. It doesn't make sense why you wouldn't??? I'm confused.

But seriously though I probably will since I did like the back to Earth and back to the Foot episodes. The Eps might not be perfect but I do like the Karai/Shinigami/human foot angle.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #18
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post

This happened to me the other week when I put The Power Inside Her at no 3 in How You Rank Season 4 thread and TMNTInsighter tells me that episode is poor and I shouldn't put it in the top 10. I was like err hello it's my opinion not yours deal with it.

TMNTInsighter doesn't respect other peoples opinions and he thinks he's right all time. Seriously he needs to grow up and start appreciating other peoples opinions.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #19
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
This happened to me the other week when I put The Power Inside Her at no 3 in How You Rank Season 4 thread and TMNTInsighter tells me that episode is poor and I shouldn't put it in the top 10. I was like err hello it's my opinion not yours deal with it.

TMNTInsighter doesn't respect other peoples opinions and he thinks he's right all time. Seriously he needs to grow up and start appreciating other peoples opinions.
I just wanted to hear your side on it. I'm a hard reviewer and I feel I have to be in order to be fair. I always make a case before I rank an episode and if I see something like TPIH being #3 out of 22 or something like that, I'd like to know since I said back then that it seemed like you give the recent episodes an advantage over the old ones just b/c they're new. And also like I said, we can get into the debate when the season is over and we have all our rankings done...which unfortunately seems like it may take place in 2020 or something like that . I feel like you and victory_angel are the most sensible reviewers here so a take on why your rankings are the way they are is what I would've like to see. That's all.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Casey was a big part of CJvtU and he was utilized excellently. The Mutanimals, other than showing how they've become able to fight as a team at the end of their fight against Hammer, were fractured and not utilized very well in MG. They've been better character-wise in other episodes. They also obviously had to deal with the transition from Pigeon Pete to Mondo Gecko, it was also not handled very well.
And...I enjoyed those episodes. As I said, go look through the episode review threads both here and other places, and you'll see plenty of people enjoyed those episodes.