The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #1121
eskater
Foot Soldier
 
eskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I believe Archie is the first culprit, with Raphael and Ninjara, isn't it?

As we know, Leonardo and Radical would never have happened in Tales V2 if Laird had been at the helm at not busy with the Imagi TMNT movie at the time. But it did and he wasn't. I don't like it, personally, but I'm not wholly against it either.
Yeah I really don't remember any romances for the turtles, I mean I guess Casey with April and Gabriel but come on. I think Andrew is right, Archie I think did it first.
__________________
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
eskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #1122
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,443
Now that the show is over, out with the old and in with the new.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:35 PM   #1123
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,194
This show really has big shoes to fill. It's the 4th TMNT cartoon after 3 already successful TMNT cartoons with different audiences, and it's coming too soon after the current Nick one just ended.

It already has 26 episodes ordered for Season 1, so it seems Nick has faith in the new concept, whatever it is.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:25 AM   #1124
eskater
Foot Soldier
 
eskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This show really has big shoes to fill. It's the 4th TMNT cartoon after 3 already successful TMNT cartoons with different audiences, and it's coming too soon after the current Nick one just ended.

It already has 26 episodes ordered for Season 1, so it seems Nick has faith in the new concept, whatever it is.
I'm wondering how the promo is gonna go honestly. With the 2012 Tmnt there was SO MUCH backlash from laypeople. I'm guessing this new one will have more of the same backlash honestly.
__________________
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
eskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:53 AM   #1125
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,380
Well since then the 2012 proved popular with kids and most fans and the Bay movies turned out a disaster. I think the new series won't receive anywhere near as much backlash over things like three toes and as long as it looks decent people will give it a chance. The more versions there are the more open to reinterpretation people are likely to be.

That said if it looks to be on a par with the Bay Turtles or does anything stupid like making them aliens then God help it
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:57 AM   #1126
newfan
Stone Warrior
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well since then the 2012 proved popular with kids and most fans and the Bay movies turned out a disaster. I think the new series won't receive anywhere near as much backlash over things like three toes and as long as it looks decent people will give it a chance. The more versions there are the more open to reinterpretation people are likely to be.

That said if it looks to be on a par with the Bay Turtles or does anything stupid like making them aliens then God help it
lol yes that wouldn't go down well.
I prefer the feet on the 2012's but then I am newly into this so it wasn't weird to me.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #1127
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 8,510
Done in 2D and were it similar to some decent fan art I've seen, I could be okay with PD-ish designs. But if makes them aliens that thing is dead after one season. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #1128
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,380
Simplified & animated they have some potential. They were just too busy in live action.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #1129
eskater
Foot Soldier
 
eskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Done in 2D and were it similar to some decent fan art I've seen, I could be okay with PD-ish designs. But if makes them aliens that thing is dead after one season. lol
If they're aliens I'll be surprised if they even let the first season to run fully
__________________
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
eskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:49 AM   #1130
biganimefan
Foot Soldier
 
biganimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
If they're aliens I'll be surprised if they even let the first season to run fully
I think with what little has been revealed so far, they'll a lot more likely start out as humans
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #1131
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,673
If they go TTG style, I will like it.
If they go overboard with mystic powers and magic I won't like it.
It's clear it'll be radically different from the Nick show.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:55 AM   #1132
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,380
I could live with humans if they go with the IDW reincarnation origin. Honestly, that would fit with the mystical angle they're said to be taking this time.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #1133
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 11,743
I wonder how many episodes until the first Fred Wolf crossover?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:36 PM   #1134
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,746
Why not just make this new series into a spitting image of the FW show, heaven forbid. That's basically what they want to do anyway. Right?
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:18 PM   #1135
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I wonder how many episodes until the first Fred Wolf crossover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Why not just make this new series into a spitting image of the FW show, heaven forbid. That's basically what they want to do anyway. Right?
I seriously wonder if they chose to air the seven episodes before the crossover on Nicktoons just to artificially ensure it was wasn't in the bottom 5 worst rated episodes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #1136
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I seriously wonder if they chose to air the seven episodes before the crossover on Nicktoons just to artificially ensure it was wasn't in the bottom 5 worst rated episodes.
Probably just to offically end it on a happy note like Turtles Forever. Casuals I guess would prefer the crossover/ICK music video as an ending while the more dedicated fans would prefer watching it in production order.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:44 PM   #1137
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 10,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Probably just to offically end it on a happy note like Turtles Forever. Casuals I guess would prefer the crossover/ICK music video as an ending while the more dedicated fans would prefer watching it in production order.
I prefer the production order, since its in chronological order.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:30 PM   #1138
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,194
I hope we can get our first preview by the end of the year since all the Nick eps will be officially out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:47 PM   #1139
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 1,890
I am dreading that the show might be like Tmnt team Up.

Not that I am against FW elements being used or anything, but I wouldn't want the show to be in the style of shows like Breadwinners and Teen Titans Go.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:12 AM   #1140
Kit31
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I am dreading that the show might be like Tmnt team Up.

Not that I am against FW elements being used or anything, but I wouldn't want the show to be in the style of shows like Breadwinners and Teen Titans Go.
Ugh, me too, honestly. They had five mini-episodes from that artist. They were okay, but PLEASE not a whole series based on that. PLEASE!
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.