The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Complete "Gravity Falls" Box Set coming to DVD and Blu-Ray

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Gra...e-Series/24081

Quote:
This summer, pack your bags and get ready to join Dipper and Mabel on their adventures in the enigmatic town of Gravity Falls! On July 24th, 2018, Shout! Factory will release Gravity Falls: The Complete Series, featuring all 40 episodes of Disney's hit Emmy Award-winning series, available for the first time in a Complete Series box set.

Created by Alex Hirsch, Gravity Falls airs on Disney Channel and Disney XD. The series stars Hirsch, Jason Ritter (Kevin (Probably) Saves the World), Kristen Schaal (Bob's Burgers, The Last Man on Earth) and Linda Cardellini (Bloodline, Freaks and Geeks), along with a plethora of celebrity guest stars, including Mark Hamill, J.K Simmons, Will Forte, Nick Offerman, Chelsea Peretti, and Nathan Fillion. Adored by critics and fans alike, Gravity Falls has developed a passionate fan base for its quirky yet endearing portrayal of the wonder and magic of childhood adventures.

Available on Blu-ray and DVD, The Complete Series will be available in two editions. The Collector's Edition will be a seven-disc box set that includes an entire disc of bonus features, including brand-new bonus content created specifically for this release. There will also be a six-disc retail edition that includes all 40 episodes of the series, but does not include the bonus feature disc. Bonus features are in-progress, and will be announced at a future date. Fans of the series can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I was really surprised when I found out about this one.

I hope that Kim Possible, W.i.t.c.h., Star vs the Forces of Evil, and other Disney animated shows get Blu Ray releases as well.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

YES!
That Hirsch guy is a class act.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:28 PM   #4
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Between this and the "Lost stories" comic, this is a pretty good time for Gravity Falls...

Too bad it's two years after the show ended.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
KillCrites
Thug

This is great news. I thought Disney would never release the complete series on DVD/Blu-ray, I feel like they never release their shows on physical. Hoping Wander Over Yonder gets a blu-ray release too.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Gravity Falls have a strong following and was trending a lot on tumblr with fan arts and theories, so I’m not too surprised.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:40 PM   #7
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I won't lie. I have zero recollection of this show existing whatsoever, but Shout! Factory's Twitter is riddled with buzz about the upcoming home video release and I think it's awesome. It almost makes me want to buy a set.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #8
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Has Shout Factory ever released a Disney animated show before?
Old 03-28-2018, 10:59 PM   #9
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Has Shout Factory ever released a Disney animated show before?
They haven't released Disney anything before. Disney usually doesn't have other companies distribute their properties on home video, but this is the first time a company ever has.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #10
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well if Disney is not going to ever release/finish releasing their many animated series then maybe they are letting someone else do it and this is a sign of things to come.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:02 AM   #11
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Well if Disney is not going to ever release/finish releasing their many animated series then maybe they are letting someone else do it and this is a sign of things to come.
Shout! Factory's deal with Disney only includes Gravity Falls though. Besides, I don't see why Disney can't complete their home video releases of their animated shows their damn selves.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
plastroncafe

I wonder if it's just more lucrative to keep their properties on their cable stations that people have to pay for out-of-pocket, rather than commit them to DVD.

Gravity Falls is a special situation, in that it has a particularly strong and vocal fan base.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #13
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I wonder if it's just more lucrative to keep their properties on their cable stations that people have to pay for out-of-pocket, rather than commit them to DVD.

Gravity Falls is a special situation, in that it has a particularly strong and vocal fan base.
Disney has put a lot of their shows on DVD before. It always seemed to me that they prefer to do it themselves. Plus when they do their DVDs, they'd usually put them out with random episodes, and usually not season sets. They've even put out two GF DVDs in the past with just a few episodes.

I'm glad for the fans that Shout! Factory got the rights to put the show out on home video. They tend to go all out with things. They might even do complete series sets for shows before doing individual season sets.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #14
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Disney has also not finished releasing most of the series they have released on DVD and there are many they haven't even touched. Let alone many series deserve a Blu Ray release but more then likely that will not happen.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:26 PM   #15
plastroncafe

Plus their history of releasing, say a movie of theirs, and then locking it in a vault for an indeterminate amount of time.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM   #16
Allio
Foot Elite

"indeterminate" as in 7-10 years

Tags
alex hirsch, animation, disney, gravity falls