The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-28-2018, 02:19 AM   #21
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

For it to last for 3+ seasons i with Hun Rocksteady Bebop Krang e.t.c we must be the main villians and appear on most if not all episodes. If it continues the way it is now with jut some mutants fightingt the turtles and not me foot ninjas Stockman Hun Tiger Claw e.t.c it will not last so long.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:39 AM   #22
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why would they change the title so early on in Season 2? Makes no sense when the Rise title gives it brand recognition and separates it from 2012.
It makes sense if season 2 would be called Dawn of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:00 AM   #23
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

hopefully there won't be anything titled Dawn of the TMNT cause it'd probably wake up those guys again with that Dawn comic/movie
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:07 AM   #24
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

The series has grown on me. It's not a traditional take on the characters, but it's far superior to something like TNM. I like the characters' personalities/voices, and the animation is more fluid than you would think when looking at the designs.

It's different, yet familiar. With the tweaked cast/setting and its use of high contrast blacks/shadows, it kind of reminds me of Spider-Man Unlimited.

The only part about it I really dislike is the theme song. Something about it seems stale and derivative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:57 AM   #25
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Guys, Nickelodeon does this with every one of their new shows. Loud House, Harvey Beaks, even Pig Goat Banana Cricket. It’s part of their SpongeBob Standard: a show automatically gets two seasons to get as popular as the Sponge. It’s stupid, yes, but that’s the policy.

This show could just as easily go for its first season on Nickelodeon and then have its second season dumped on Nicktoons.

The real test will be whether or not it’s renewed for season 3.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello

Last edited by Aaronardo; 07-28-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's probably planned to have a 5 year run. They had the same plan for the 2012 series before they even knew it would have a hit.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:13 AM   #27
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
Guys, Nickelodeon does this with every one of their new shows. Loud House, Harvey Beaks, even Pig Goat Banana Cricket. It’s part of their SpongeBob Standard: a show automatically gets two seasons to get as popular as the Sponge. It’s stupid, yes, but that’s the policy. This show could just as easily go for its first season on Nickelodeon and then have its second season dumped on Nicktoons The real test will be whether or not it’s renewed for season 3.
^ This.

We probably won't know how well the show is really doing until about late 2019 / early 2020. I'm wondering how the toys are going to be selling for this thing.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #28
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Not that I was hoping this show got canned after the first season or anything, but this being on the air at the same time they're rebooting the film franchise kind of limits what they'll do in the movie. I can't think of any examples where a kiddy show gets a mature audience movie made while the bright and shiny kid show is still on the air.

I mean, I guess you could argue the first Turtles movie did that, but that wasn't exactly a fair representation of the Mirage tone, either.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
This show could just as easily go for its first season on Nickelodeon and then have its second season dumped on Nicktoons.
Hate to say it, but I'm suspecting it won't take long for it to be primarily 'dumped' on Nicktoons the way 2012 was. Getting a premier on the main channel, then all repeats are Nicktoons only. Or, if it's unlucky, losing the main channel premier all together.

Already with this first ep that was on tv, it repeated just once, the next morning, on regular Nick, then a ton of other listed repeats for it were almost all on Nicktoons; in addition to being on Nick2 once or twice.

Brand new show that needs and wants to get the hype up, and it showed on the reg Nick channel just twice. I mean, what? Okay, sure, it's not that big of a deal for people who have all those Nick channels, but not everyone does and lets face it... getting thrown on one of their other channels is sorta-kinda second class in a way. (And no, Cubed, not everyone can watch it via Nick.com since they feel the need to lock them for some reason. And some people prefer to watch tv airings anyhow.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #30
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Not that I was hoping this show got canned after the first season or anything, but this being on the air at the same time they're rebooting the film franchise kind of limits what they'll do in the movie. I can't think of any examples where a kiddy show gets a mature audience movie made while the bright and shiny kid show is still on the air.

I mean, I guess you could argue the first Turtles movie did that, but that wasn't exactly a fair representation of the Mirage tone, either.
I was wondering about that earlier ... but my only initial thought of something like that happening is Batman: Brave and the Bold which debuted in the fall of 2008 during the height of the Nolan Batman popularity.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #31
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I was wondering about that earlier ... but my only initial thought of something like that happening is Batman: Brave and the Bold which debuted in the fall of 2008 during the height of the Nolan Batman popularity.
Ah. Good pull, sir
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #32
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I like the show and stuff, but wasn´t to early for Nick to bring us a new show after the recent ending of the 2K12 series?
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
I like the show and stuff, but wasn´t to early for Nick to bring us a new show after the recent ending of the 2K12 series?
They likely want the TMNT brand to continue rather than spend years with it dormant.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:10 AM   #34
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m glad they don’t put tmnt on hiatus/limbo. I need my constant tmnt fix, and they’re feeding us well. Thank God.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #35
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

It's too early to say "how the show is doing" A lot of shows do this simply for PR reasons.

Say folks who were saying "Screw this show, I hate change, I'm not watching this crap, I hope it gets cancelled etc..." Read an article saying "Oh wow look, it already got green lit for a second season after only just premiering a few weeks ago? Well... maybe it actually is good and I should at least try to watch it." Hence they get more viewers merely by publicizing that they are green lit for season 2. I guarantee they were already planning to do at least 2-5 seasons ANYWAY. It's all about bringing in more viewers.... aka pretty sneaky sis...

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #36
stormbringer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
It's too early to say "how the show is doing" A lot of shows do this simply for PR reasons.

Say folks who were saying "Screw this show, I hate change, I'm not watching this crap, I hope it gets cancelled etc..." Read an article saying "Oh wow look, it already got green lit for a second season after only just premiering a few weeks ago? Well... maybe it actually is good and I should at least try to watch it." Hence they get more viewers merely by publicizing that they are green lit for season 2. I guarantee they were already planning to do at least 2-5 seasons ANYWAY. It's all about bringing in more viewers.... aka pretty sneaky sis...
Yep. It's like how it's a norm to announce a show a hit right after it's first episode. They already intended on a second season no matter what.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote