The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #41
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
You are really not a bright person, are you?
Who in their right mind will use suits instead of CGI in 201x?

CGI is much more versatile and gives much more freedom with creation of characters. Just because you are fapping on the first movie it doesn't mean that it is golden standard on the technical level.

If anything, Turtles in the Bay-movies were much more expressive and dynamic than in the old. The only thing that was ruining them - was their ugly and stupid design, but that is not problem of the technology, it is problem of designers.
See I think that's just a knee jerk reaction people give to the suggestion to go back to practical effects but it doesn't stack up.

There's one big reason it's highly unlikely we'll see full motion capture with facial recognition again and that's how expensive it is. Both Platinum Dunes movies had a decent if unspectacular budget for movies of their type but we know for a fact it wasn't enough to give good screen time for four cgi protagonists in the first movie. Even with the heavy lifting of the 3D modelling being done with the first and giving them more screen time in the sequel they still cut quite a few corners.

Paramount wouldn't give enough money to properly animate the turtles when TMNT was a brand on the rise again there's no way they or any other studio is going to commit any serious money after the failure of Out Of The Shadows and TMNT in general being seen as a tainted brand because of it. Sadly I think any new movie is unlikely in the near future but if it does happen I can see rubber suits being the only forward.

To be clear I don't think anyone is suggesting purely going back to rubber suits and animatronics. I mean Chris Evans wears a Captain America suit to play that character but they still use cgi when he performs big stunts or fight moves impossible for a real actor. CGI would be used for big stunts, correcting for when the suits look noticeably rubbery and help animate the faces.

Last edited by Galactus; 01-25-2018 at 03:42 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop and cucksteady, cuckch, cucky jones, out of the cucks