The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-15-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Marvel's The Defenders

Marvel has just announced that Douglas Petrie (Buffy/Angel) and Marco Ramirez (Daredevil) will be the showrunners for the series, while Drew Goddard returns as executive producer.

Quote:
“Doug and Marco captivated our members around the world with their continuation of the story of Matt Murdock in 'Marvel’s Daredevil,' and we can’t wait to see how they and Drew will introduce the full Defenders team to our global audience,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix Vice President of Original Content.

“We're incredibly excited to be able to bring our four street level heroes together in an epic tale woven by Doug and Marco whose work on ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ speaks for itself,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. "They write and produce not only great action and adventure, but also the heart and touch of humor that's makes us Marvel. With the inclusion of Drew Goddard, we've got a team that's as formidable as the Defenders themselves."

“This is the big one. Four amazing casts, four amazing series, now all in one amazing story,” said showrunners and Executive Producers Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez. “We are thrilled at the opportunity to deliver the show that both we and the fans have been waiting for.”

Marvel’s The Defenders will star Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter, Mike Colter, and Finn Jones, all reprising their roles as Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, respectively.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 04-15-2016 at 12:28 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Woo! WOO!!!!

Old 04-15-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Everything's coming up Marvel!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:52 PM   #4
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:57 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
AW YEAH!!!!

But y no Iron Fist teaser?
Old 07-21-2016, 08:02 PM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

Who is Danny Rand?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:06 PM   #7
Allio
Foot Elite

Iron Fisticuffs
Old 07-22-2016, 04:43 AM   #8
ToTheNines
[sic]

I think Iron Fist will be March/April, Defenders in the Summer, then JJ2 in like November.

But then what? DD3, Punisher?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:04 PM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Sigourney Weaver will be playing the lead villain: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/defen...xs-the-a145819

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Crazy. Any thoughts on who she is playing?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #11
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Weaver's too good for the MCU.

Maybe she'll be a genderbent Mephisto?

http://www.screengeek.net/2016/06/14...the-defenders/

Quote:
Or – according to an unnamed source close to the situation, they’ll fight a totally new baddie:

“Marvel is talking about setting Mephisto as the prime antagonist for the Defenders. Some may say that this villain wouldn’t fit the TV shows but that’s why they’re incorporating Iron Fist – to set up the supernatural element. This would also help set up the next phase of the Netflix shows, as Moon Knight, Blade, and Ghost Rider are being considered.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How connected are the shows to the movies? I know the movies don't reference the shows but do the shows reference the movies?

Also I may be remembering wrong but weren't The Defenders a team that included powerhouses like The Hulk, Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange? I remember they were pretty f-cking powerful just not as known as the Avengers.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:55 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I actually feel more stoked about this than I did leading up to the Avengers. We've spent (and will spend more) time with these folks than we have with the others... and now they'll collide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How connected are the shows to the movies? I know the movies don't reference the shows but do the shows reference the movies?
Not integrally... but events from the movies are occasionally mentioned in the shows. Everyone and their mom seems to mention "the incident" with the aliens in Avengers, but there's not too much about the Ultrom stuff or anything. The biggest "crossover" was when Lady Sif from Thor 1 and 2 showed up on Agents of SHIELD twice. And, of course, Samuel L. Jackson actually showing up there, too.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #14
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I actually feel more stoked about this than I did leading up to the Avengers. We've spent (and will spend more) time with these folks than we have with the others... and now they'll collide.
You and me both.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #15
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The word on the street is that it's very hard for the MCU to have any meaningful connection with Marvel Television because Kevin Feige (the head honcho of the MCU) and Ike Perlmutter (the head honcho of Marvel TV) hate each other's guts.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #16
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Sdp,there have been references.For example in Daredevil there is a clipping handing in Ben Urich's office of the Avengers battle in New York against Loki and the alien invasion. In Jessica Jones the Hulk is references when discussion over the expectation o the hero type going to show up to save the day. So little things are hidden within,but not much. I suggest checking out Youtube videos that go through the Easter eggs. I guarantee the connections will be covered in each. Just be warned about Luke Cage if you have not finished the season.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:08 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
The word on the street is that it's very hard for the MCU to have any meaningful connection with Marvel Television because Kevin Feige (the head honcho of the MCU) and Ike Perlmutter (the head honcho of Marvel TV) hate each other's guts.
And I'm okay with this. The less connected, the better I like it. Gives them more freedom to do their own thing instead of continually connecting back to Downey and Chris 1 and Chris 2.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #18
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I never bothered with Agents of SHIELD, but are these shows more consistent in terms of quality than the films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:30 PM   #19
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And I'm okay with this. The less connected, the better I like it. Gives them more freedom to do their own thing instead of continually connecting back to Downey and Chris 1 and Chris 2.
Yeah. I just worry that it'll hinder us from seeing a Spidey/Kingpin encounter or something along those lines.
Agents of SHIELD is an example of how the connection is a hindrance rather than an advantage. So many episodes in season 1 are just dedicated to tying in to whatever MCU film is out at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I never bothered with Agents of SHIELD, but are these shows more consistent in terms of quality than the films?
I only watched season 1, and the first half is a sluggish crawl that makes the agents seem like a bunch of facetious wieners.
The second half suddenly kicks ass though.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I asked because I may watch the shows soon but I'm way behind on the movies and don't plan on watching them but I remember hearing that Agents of Shield was connected heavily. Obviously big references like "hulk" I will get and the alien invasion but I didn't see anything after Iron Man 3 so almost nothing after Phase 1.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuckdevil, cuckfenders, cuckicca_jones, defendersoftheearth, immortal iron cuck, luke_cuckge