The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #21
Papenbrook
Channel the inner Donnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
Anyone remember that old Strong Bad Email where he was asked what he'd look like as an anime? I feel like most of the design choices made ("Head shaped like a little bean, mouth really tiny when closed but ridiculously huge when it's open", etc) apply to most western cartoons nowadays.
That's ... really unsettling.

They all morph into each other. Ew...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:00 AM   #22
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Star vs, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls are actually good though.

I donít care if the art style is similar. They all could have been different looking but they donít come off stupid in these particular cartoons.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #23
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Yes. Eastern and Western animation have always influenced each other. That's how it works. You see what others are doing and this influences your own work. This is not a bad thing. Anime basically came into existence because Japan saw disney's Snow White.

My suggestion to anyone annoyed about this stuff is to watch the new Voltron show as it's good as hell. It's basically the perfect merging of both, probably at least partially due to that franchise's history.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
My suggestion to anyone annoyed about this stuff is to watch the new Voltron show as it's good as hell. It's basically the perfect merging of both, probably at least partially due to that franchise's history.
Beautiful show, with the show wasn't ashamed of being Voltron and had better writing but I still watch it as soon as new episodes come out.

The franchise's history is fascinating as it's more of an adaptation similar to Power Rangers than a bad dub that changed things like Sailor Moon. They built their own universe, used the footage as they saw fit, ordered new episodes that implemented all these changes into hard canon as now there was visual proof of them, implemented a different show that had nothing to do with it in its own continuity, made an original crossover of these two unrelated franchises cementing that they took place in the same universe. Later got two sequel shows that were american made but retained said continuity they had created.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote