The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which do we save first, the world or the English language?
AHH! That is a BIG COCKROACH!! 11 17.46%
He Has a SAW?! THE COCKROACH HAS A SAW! 14 22.22%
Smells like a butt sandwich... 12 19.05%
Kraang is on the diet known as gluten free. Kraang has already lost thirteen Kraang units... 26 41.27%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #21
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
Why does no one show remorse for ol'chongy. and why is there a figure of chong 1rst edition? Maybe cause chong 2cond is all groddy
I do admit, Chong was a sad character. I wonder what would have happened if he heard Raph's begging for forgiveness.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #22
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutagenJosh View Post
Loved the episode. So now, just like snake weed, chong is coming back. Awesome. We know we will get cockroach chong, but wasn't there a TMNT fly figure mentioned? It could be for 2nd chong, or Baxter. My thoughts.
Nope, it was wasp, ( I first announced it)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Personally, this was my least favorite episode so far. It wasn't a good follow-up to TCRI at all.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #24
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
The episode was fine.

My thing with it is the episode seemed...out of sequence. We went from finding out The Kraang are after April and then she's not even in the next episode, not even a mention in the episode. This episode could have been right after "The Alien Agenda" and there would have been no difference in story continuity.
Except that they mention TCRI once, other then that it was all filler.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #25
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
The episode was fine.

My thing with it is the episode seemed...out of sequence. We went from finding out The Kraang are after April and then she's not even in the next episode, not even a mention in the episode. This episode could have been right after "The Alien Agenda" and there would have been no difference in story continuity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Personally, this was my least favorite episode so far. It wasn't a good follow-up to TCRI at all.
It was strange that we heard all about the Kraang, and yet no reference to Leatherhead or April was made.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
Xav
Foot Elite

Has Raph ever had a fear of cockroaches before? I know he had a fear of bugs in the 4kids series.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Has Raph ever had a fear of cockroaches before? I know he had a fear of bugs in the 4kids series.
And leaches in the mirage comics
Old 03-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #28
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
And leaches in the mirage comics
He had a reason too after the bloodsucker, who should totally be in this show

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #29
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
He had a reason too after the bloodsucker, who should totally be in this show
Oh man! I'd be dying If "the river" was adapted!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #30
pannoni1
Foot Elite

If you liked "Snakes Alive" from the OT, you'll enjoy "Cockroach Terminator". Unfortuantely, this makes Turtle Temper look good since at least it provided some handy tips about controlling a temper, unlike the worn out phobia message. And unfortunately, there's no Splinter to help give Raph advice about how to clone his fears. The fight scenes are ok but feel more "Hero Turtles" than "Ninja Turtles" with goofy techniques such as drilling in the Earth's crust (maybe the Technodrome?) and it felt a bit boring after awhile. I did enjoy the driving scene with Raph's motorcycle.

Overall: 5/10

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #31
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
And unfortunately, there's no Splinter to help give Raph advice about how to clone his fears.
Somehow, I don't think Raph being surrounded by roaches would decrease his anxiety. Sounds like an episode of Fear Factor gone horribly wrong...
Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

How did they get their van running without the power cell?

Decent filler episode, I actually think Raph's fear of roaches was because of the 4kids series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #33
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

After reading this thread I feel kind of alone in the fact I really loved this episode. It was actually one of my favorites so far. Not really an outstanding plot but I really enjoyed the brother interaction in this episode. Especially the almost silent understanding displayed between Leo and Raph when the latter wished to final confront what he was afraid of.

I also really though Raph was great in this episode. I think it is an important message to not allow your fears to control you and that by facing them you really do become a stronger individual. Not quiet as dynamic as when Leo faced the Elite after his defeat by them in the 4Kids cartoon but I thought it kind of echoed the same idea of looking inside yourself to overcome.

It does timeline wise feel a little out of place, in the fact April is never brought up. But I was pleased the guys seemed to actually know they needed to face the Krang in this episode and that they couldn't back down and leave the fight for later as we have seen them do in a couple of different episodes now against different advisories. (The one personal thing about this series that kind of annoys me)

I was also pleased Mikey was the only one that thought of going to get big spray to use against the spy roach. Even though it didn't completely pan out it was nice to see him be proactive!

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #34
BMo
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
After reading this thread I feel kind of alone in the fact I really loved this episode. It was actually one of my favorites so far. Not really an outstanding plot but I really enjoyed the brother interaction in this episode. Especially the almost silent understanding displayed between Leo and Raph when the latter wished to final confront what he was afraid of.

I also really though Raph was great in this episode. I think it is an important message to not allow your fears to control you and that by facing them you really do become a stronger individual. Not quiet as dynamic as when Leo faced the Elite after his defeat by them in the 4Kids cartoon but I thought it kind of echoed the same idea of looking inside yourself to overcome.

It does timeline wise feel a little out of place, in the fact April is never brought up. But I was pleased the guys seemed to actually know they needed to face the Krang in this episode and that they couldn't back down and leave the fight for later as we have seen them do in a couple of different episodes now against different advisories. (The one personal thing about this series that kind of annoys me)

I was also pleased Mikey was the only one that thought of going to get big spray to use against the spy roach. Even though it didn't completely pan out it was nice to see him be proactive!
No, you aren't alone, I LOVED this episode too. Sure the story was filler fodder, BUT the characters of the brothers really came through here. Only thing I missed was the lack of a name for the Spy Roach, I figured it would have been a good time for Mikey to poke fun at Raph while naming him. But a very small gripe, haha. What this did make me do it go out and buy the Stealth Bike.....dang you marketing masterminds!
BMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #35
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Why are all of the posts above discussing the episode before it aired? Is my computer just showing the wrong time that you guys made those posts?

As for the episode, it was one of the worst ones yet, just as bad as turtle temper. Funny how the Raphael episodes have bee the worst so far (IMO). I was very surprised we didn't see Splinter or April at all, and the episode just felt, kind of rushed. It did not move the story along at all, and the episode just wasn't funny. I really didn't like the story all that much either. The spy roach (what happened to Chong?) was disgusting and not really interesting. I suppose it was cool to see a mutant that was part tech, but that's about it. All in all, this was not worth the wait. One thing I did notice though is a technodrome cameo of sorts. The Kraang's drill looked like a modern technodrome, it even had an eye on it.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #36
Stone Warrior

It was okay.

I'm a bit bummed out Don never told me how he got the Shellraiser working again, and the cockroach is gross.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #37
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier

It really bothers me how they treated the cockroach. I was hoping for Raph and/or Donny to apologize to him and that they would all become friends. And this episode just felt too much like a "filler." It hardly progressed the story at all, especially after TCRI's April "cliffhanger."
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #38
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

yuck......that roach was nasty!!!

but it was a very fun episode!!! XD I liked it :3

it was a little weird though.

Raph is really REALLY afraid of roaches......o_o i felt bad for him at one point.

Mikey putting a roach in Raph's shell is evil and hilarious! XD

im surprised the others weren't as scared as Raph! did they even see that thing!?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #39
STORMSHADOW__210
Hench Mutant

Not the greatest episode but was entertained.
STORMSHADOW__210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #40
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

how was Mikey the only one to think to use big spray!?

Tags
nick