The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #21
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I don't think OT Casey and OT April ever interacted back then, so it's kinda surreal for me to see them together in one scene.

I just started watching OT last year btw thanks to the turtle van dvd issuance.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:17 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I don't think OT Casey and OT April ever interacted back then, so it's kinda surreal for me to see them together in one scene.
They interact in both Season 7 and 8.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:21 PM   #23
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They interact in both Season 7 and 8.
Ah gotcha, I was only up to Season 3 so far.

Casey was such a nutcase in "Casey Jones: Outlaw Hero" and “Corporate Raiders from Dimension X” I love it.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

From what Ciro said this is only going to be one short scene, which is a shame since I thought it was going to be a whole episode thing. Maybe next time.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:41 PM   #25
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I thought it was the second dumbest concept this show came up with after the squirreloids(spelling?) and hopefully reversible. Kevin Eastman actually voicing that ridiculous thing? Well...he does let a lot of things slide mostly for the better so I am okay with it... if that poor animal gets returned to normal.
Seriously. It almost makes me want to stop watching, or just simply wish I never got into Ninja Turtles. Then again, Donatello was working on retro-mutagen, so maybe it'll at least bring the cat back to normal.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #26
Roseangelo
Emperor

OMG, I love ice cream kitty. That clip is hilarious.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:09 AM   #27
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Seriously. It almost makes me want to stop watching, or just simply wish I never got into Ninja Turtles. Then again, Donatello was working on retro-mutagen, so maybe it'll at least bring the cat back to normal.
Why? Something upset you?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #28
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Well that was just horrifying...

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #29
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
noway! the Kitty looks so much better as a mutant *_*

if we are going to cure someone at least cure a mutant that looks lame T^T
Old 02-27-2014, 12:51 AM   #30
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

LOL that clip was awesome, can't believe the 80s Casey was there!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:04 AM   #31
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
The cat mutating was all kinds of wrong.
apprently you dont own cats. cats get into alls kinds of ****.
doesn't surprise me that the cat did what he did...its like my cat
when he licked that salsa i had in the counter. dumbass...

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:08 AM   #32
Garfield
Hench Mutant

The scene with the cat was very macabre... then it turned into a pokemon.

Kevin Eastman voicing it? that's fine by me. Get 'em in there.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:46 AM   #33
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'm with Storm here, this show continues to degenerate into something more and more juvenile.

I don't take any crticisms of the forthcoming movie seriously when people are quick to appreciate this stuff.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:58 AM   #34
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I'm with Storm here, this show continues to degenerate into something more and more juvenile.

I don't take any crticisms of the forthcoming movie seriously when people are quick to appreciate this stuff.
You don't seem to mind the juvenile nature of the OT. Nick TMNT runs circles around it just about every way. I think this show has a really good grasp on tone: it knows it has to balance comedy, action, drama, even a bit of horror, and it does it in a very skillful way. Mikey's antics are a little exaggerated but it matches up really well for me.

Criticism of the upcoming movie is different, because people are basing their opinions on a few poor quality photos of toys, props and actors in motion capture suits with no CGI yet applied. Now once we get an actual trailer THEN people can start formulating some feelings based on something a little more representative of the film, until then it's conjecture, so of course it's not serious. The people posting it could change their opinion the second they see the trailer for all they know.

People bashing the new movie designs based on the little info we have should try to hold their horses a bit. Do people need reminding about the fairly recent uproar over Nick Karai and her hair when she was first revealed? People went BATSHIT, so many people were hating on it and making all sorts of unreasonable comments about the quality of her design and on and on. Turns out most people actually really like it once they aren't basing all of their thoughts on one out-of-context image.

I'm not that excited about the movie designs but I don't feel I have enough info to fully judge it just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So Nick Mikey just called the Fred Wolf Turtles, "dorks," which is not unlike how the 4kids Turtles viewed them.

Are people now going to accuse Nick for hating on the OT like they did with 4kids in Turtles Forever?
I think it's pretty accurate to how Nick Mikey would feel to be honest. And it's no secret Ciro feels the same way. I hope it's not handled exactly like it was in 4kids, simply because it's already been done. Will be interesting.

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-27-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:20 AM   #35
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior

The cat mutating, wow Also, OT turtles! Sure it's probably not gonna be a full length special with them but more little mentions and nods are good enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 AM   #36
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

You're just too tame and can't handle stuff like this. Switch to spongebob, adventure time or anything fluffy if you can't deal with it. Time changes, kids can handle it just fine.

Hell I saw a video clip of a very young boy asking where Slash is after watching Slash and Destroy. He's fine. Nothing to complain there.

What's more, tmnt started out very dark and gritty in mirage comic. It stays close to the original source material imo as much as it can. Ciro and his team has done a great job, well done lads!

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 02-27-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 AM   #37
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
You don't seem to mind the juvenile nature of the OT. Nick TMNT runs circles around it just about every way. I think this show has a really good grasp on tone: it knows it has to balance comedy, action, drama, even a bit of horror, and it does it in a very skillful way. Mikey's antics are a little exaggerated but it matches up really well for me.

Criticism of the upcoming movie is different, because people are basing their opinions on a few poor quality photos of toys, props and actors in motion capture suits with no CGI yet applied. Now once we get an actual trailer THEN people can start formulating some feelings based on something a little more representative of the film, until then it's conjecture, so of course it's not serious. The people posting it could change their opinion the second they see the trailer for all they know.

People bashing the new movie designs based on the little info we have should try to hold their horses a bit. Do people need reminding about the fairly recent uproar over Nick Karai and her hair when she was first revealed? People went BATSHIT, so many people were hating on it and making all sorts of unreasonable comments about the quality of her design and on and on. Turns out most people actually really like it once they aren't basing all of their thoughts on one out-of-context image.

I'm not that excited about the movie designs but I don't feel I have enough info to fully judge it just yet.
I think it's pretty accurate to how Nick Mikey would feel to be honest. And it's no secret Ciro feels the same way. I hope it's not handled exactly like it was in 4kids, simply because it's already been done. Will be interesting.
100% agree with you on everything you said

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:22 AM   #38
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTron View Post
Well that was just horrifying...
Yeah I'm on the same page and hell I thought Tim's mutation was sick.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #39
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Our cats tend to enjoy watching other felines on youtube and TV, so I hope they're asleep during the mutation sceen! haha Bet there will be an ICK pack-in with some Mikey figure down the line. Glad to have Eastman as a part of TMNT 2012, even if all he'll have to say is meow.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

People are actually getting butt-hurt over the cat mutating? What the hell?

If we saw April's cat before this episode and got attached to it I could understand, but who cares?

Tags
kevin eastman