The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Original Teen Titans possibly returning for a new season!

So the creators was at a con I guess is either giving us great news or trying to make me cry(If not true)
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/03/30/t...urn-wondercon/

Essentially is would be like Samurai Jack and its finale season I guess. Where it would be a continuation of the original series, but maybe for only one season.

I searched for a thread on the news or this topic, but could not find one, but I did find this little gem

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ht=Teen+Titans

I tried to necro-post but i couldn't its amazing to see some of the comments and reactions to such a popular tv series. I do understand the skepticism given how different it was but it was also funny what people thought of cyborg at the time
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I swear we hear this rumor every year or so. It never turns true.

Granted we did just see Young Justice brought back, Samurai Jack return, Dragonball Super come back, and a whole bunch of other re-launches of old shows, so it wouldn't be that out there. Still I wouldn't get too excited.

There's also the possibility of Teen Titans getting a Season 6 and the show turning out bad or disappointing, so there's that too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I hope it is true but I am not going to hold my breath.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I thought the series finale (season and episode) worked well enough as a proper send-off to the characters and the show. The Tokyo direct-to-video movie was just good fun on top of it all.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I swear, next we're going to get a return season of, like, Biker Mice From Mars or something. Nothing can ever stay dead anymore.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I swear, next we're going to get a return season of, like, Biker Mice From Mars or something. Nothing can ever stay dead anymore.
And that would actually be their second return.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I searched for a thread on the news or this topic, but could not find one, but I did find this little gem

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ht=Teen+Titans

I tried to necro-post but i couldn't its amazing to see some of the comments and reactions to such a popular tv series. I do understand the skepticism given how different it was but it was also funny what people thought of cyborg at the time
Yep, it's true. Teen Titans 2003 got a lot of hate and backlash from fans when it first debuted. People seem to have forgotten that over the years, but the anime art style got a lot of hate, and since it aired alongside Justice League on Cartoon Network at the time, people saw it as a "kiddie" show. Not to mention a lot of comic book fans were disappointed with the designs or the tone of the show since this was the first time most of the Teen Titans were animated. Some people easily forget the original Teen Titans got almost as much backlash as Teen Titans Go did when it first came out.

It's funny but as the show went on all these negative views of it disappeared and it became well loved. Also nowadays all the kids who grew up with it from 2003-2006 are now adults, so you see a lot more love for it now because now the adults are nostalgic for it who grew up with it.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #8
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I swear we hear this rumor every year or so. It never turns true.

Granted we did just see Young Justice brought back, Samurai Jack return, Dragonball Super come back, and a whole bunch of other re-launches of old shows, so it wouldn't be that out there. Still I wouldn't get too excited.

There's also the possibility of Teen Titans getting a Season 6 and the show turning out bad or disappointing, so there's that too.
Its hard to call it a rumor when the source is the creator itself and we have had no news or rumors like this on the series before this happened that I am aware of
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I kind of thought this might happen after the success of TTG, even if it was only one episode in the main TTG series, here are some wish lists I would have for a sixth season:

*Red X reveal - the creator has held the secret for so long, I was in the #whocares camp but he made me want to know who he is now.

*A cool Slade episode, Season 4 revived him and we never saw anything cool done with him after that

*Starfire season arc, every titan got a story arc except her. Beast Boy got two ;( I know some fans say "Season 2 is Terra's arc" but it's clearly BBs.

*A trippy Mad Modd or Mumbo Jumbo episode

*Titans East / Calling All Titans Characters having at least one episode to see what they're up to, it can be some of them or all of them or who cares but at least have a cameo to make season 5 not feel worthless.

*Teen Titans Go crossover and/or reference to piss off the internet

*Without embargo some DCU proper characters in an episode or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I thought the series finale (season and episode) worked well enough as a proper send-off to the characters and the show. The Tokyo direct-to-video movie was just good fun on top of it all.
The season finale worked perfect but went over the head of the fandom.

The episode wasn't about Slade, Terra or the new villain, it wasn't a cliffhanger ending either.

The name of the episode is "Things Change", it's not even subtle about it. It's a coming of age story, yeah We know the Titans will be there to save the day since some things don't change but also you know you need to let things go (Terra) and that sometimes well things just change and you learn to adapt and change is not bad. Amazing episode to end the series on.

I hated the DTV movie, it was a rather generic story and the fact that it came out like over a year after the last episode didn't help. Instead of an epic story we get this "meh" story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Biker Mice From Mars got a Revival in 2006 that was a sequel to the 90s series oddly enough and not a reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yep, it's true. Teen Titans 2003 got a lot of hate and backlash from fans when it first debuted. People seem to have forgotten that over the years, but the anime art style got a lot of hate, and since it aired alongside Justice League on Cartoon Network at the time, people saw it as a "kiddie" show. Not to mention a lot of comic book fans were disappointed with the designs or the tone of the show since this was the first time most of the Teen Titans were animated. Some people easily forget the original Teen Titans got almost as much backlash as Teen Titans Go did when it first came out.

It's funny but as the show went on all these negative views of it disappeared and it became well loved. Also nowadays all the kids who grew up with it from 2003-2006 are now adults, so you see a lot more love for it now because now the adults are nostalgic for it who grew up with it.
I know and it's so ironic that all the hate that Teen Titans Go is getting is from those Teen Titans fans who had to endure crap of "it's kiddy" back in the day from the BTAS man babies and now it's them being the man babies doing to the new genertaion.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I know and it's so ironic that all the hate that Teen Titans Go is getting is from those Teen Titans fans who had to endure crap of "it's kiddy" back in the day from the BTAS man babies and now it's them being the man babies doing to the new genertaion.
It's an ever rotating group of nostalgia from kids. As I said, the kids who were only 7-12 years old when 2003 Teen Titans came out didn't have that negative reaction to it when it first aired and now 15+ years later they're all in their early/mid 20's so they're nostalgia for it and remember the fun show from the childhood.

A lot of people who were already teens in 2003 like you and I sdp, we were both around 16-17 years old at the time, had different views. I liked Teen Titans 2003 right from the first episode and found it funny, but over at places like toonzone, IGN, or other sites you saw a lot of hate for the anime art style, especially the "chibi" or anime reaction images they did. This was from a lot of older fans or comic book fans.

Now Teen Titans Go is aimed at new kids, so the "adults" from the 2003 era hate it. Man it's so funny that we're so old now that we've seen how 3 generations of kids from the 80's, 90's, and 2000's reacted to new cartoons and reboots. You can say the same for TMNT, Power Rangers, Pokemon, and anything else that has had constant new incarnation or series.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #11
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

If this is true - and until it's officially announced, I don't believe it, because this has happened before, with even Greg Cipes being mistaken at one point - I am not looking forward to seeing that ugly style again. Animation's come a long way in a decade plus. I'd say they should change the style, but if they're going to do a direct revival there's little chance of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Biker Mice From Mars got a Revival in 2006 that was a sequel to the 90s series oddly enough and not a reboot.
Well. Don't I feel silly. And nauseous. The hell prompted them to relaunch that back then?
Old 04-08-2018, 02:01 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Teen Titans ended in 2006. We're now in 2018. It's literally been 12 years since it ended, that's more than a decade. If we do get a new show it'd probably come in 2019-2020...by then we'll be nearly 15 years off from when the original show ended.

And now I just made myself feel old by realizing the early 2000's are now over 15 years ago.