The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 12:42 PM   #241
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
I agree they went for the model sheet look but the chin and nose are off for sure!

Man, LOOK AT THAT, y’all! The fact that it lines up THAT well with the model sheet it amazing to me!
Old 07-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #242
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I agree they went for the model sheet look but the chin and nose are off for sure!

https://i.ibb.co/tx0rw1V/APRIL111.jpg
Awesome work! You should be working at Neca. For real.

Points out that her jaw is WAY off, eyes are two close together / lacking in liner, and the lips are too pursed.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #243
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
Man, LOOK AT THAT, y’all! The fact that it lines up THAT well with the model sheet it amazing to me!
It really doesn't though. You have to agree that at least the jaw difference is pretty egregious.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #244
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Great comparison. They definitely got close but they missed the mark in a few key areas as others have pointed out.

I'd add that the neck is also pretty scrawny.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #245
mikey0
Foot Elite

There will never be a perfectly made FW cartoon April. FW cartoon fans should just hold on to their animation cels sold at ToysRUs in the early 90s. Cels and screen-caps are as good as it gets.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:57 PM   #246
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
It really doesn't though. You have to agree that at least the jaw difference is pretty egregious.
I have to agree that it isn’t spot on, but it is absurdly close- especially in terms of sculpting something in 3 dimensions from a flat model sheet. I think you guys are nitpicking, which is wholly your prerogative- but the girl looks great to me. I can’t get that thing on my shelf fast enough.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #247
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
I have to agree that it isn’t spot on, but it is absurdly close- especially in terms of sculpting something in 3 dimensions from a flat model sheet. I think you guys are nitpicking, which is wholly your prerogative- but the girl looks great to me. I can’t get that thing on my shelf fast enough.
I'm with you there; I can't wait to snag one. I do just hope they make a few tweaks to get it a little closer.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:28 AM   #248
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I'm with you there; I can't wait to snag one. I do just hope they make a few tweaks to get it a little closer.
same here, even if this is the final version I will gladly add her to my collection but I hope for some small changes.

Do we know who is packed with who for Wave 2,3 and 4? (I read that Rocksteady and Bebop are scheduled for September this year but no info if they are packed together but probably yes)

Last edited by zelu1984; 07-20-2019 at 05:17 AM.
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #249
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
same here, even if this is the final version I will gladly add her to my collection but I hope for some small changes.

Do we know who is packed with who for Wave 2,3 and 4? (I read that Rocksteady and Bebop are scheduled for September this year but no info if they are packed together but probably yes)
Neca social media hinted at April/Casey 2-pak a few weeks ago in response to a user comment.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:53 AM   #250
Garfield
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Live from SDCC Its The Annual episodic Pixel Dan and Randy Show from The Neca Booth

Those look really good. I'm loving the Cartoon Slash and Metalhead. Holy smokes that Metalhead looks really good.

I'm not usually an adult figure collector. but boy oh boy I might have to pick those two up.

Anyone have an idea of the scale of the figures? how many inches tall are they?
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:55 AM   #251
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

The rest of the new reveals look good, but the fact is, April's head is just bad. It's not up to snuff with the rest of their designs.

Honestly it's hard for me to get excited for their cartoon line anyways. The Target release thing is terrible. Still never seen any of them on shelves. Not confident I'll be able to get anything other than the after market.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #252
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

where at in TN do you live? I live in TN also and I haven't seen them either
Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #253
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I sold you a big pile of TMNT about 2 years ago hehe. I'm in Spring Hill, you're in Crossville.

I have the cartoon SDCC set that I got lucky enough to get, but I can't see getting the rest realistically any way but paying double on eBay.

I have a big collection of Transformers friends though, maybe some of them will see it and can hook me up.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #254
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

I don't know if you guys noticed but the Techondrome diorama screen has Easter eggs and it's showing some of the upcoming figures

They also changed the display slightly and now Shredder is sitting down looking at the Krang's Android body blueprint so I have a feeling that by the end of the show Android Krang will be sitting next to Shredder on the 2nd chair
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #255
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
The rest of the new reveals look good, but the fact is, April's head is just bad. It's not up to snuff with the rest of their designs.

Honestly it's hard for me to get excited for their cartoon line anyways. The Target release thing is terrible. Still never seen any of them on shelves. Not confident I'll be able to get anything other than the after market.
Are you looking at the pop culture items over by the DVDs in your Target stores? The NECA 2 packs should be on the lowest shelf in the small pop culture section.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:30 PM   #256
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Are you looking at the pop culture items over by the DVDs in your Target stores? The NECA 2 packs should be on the lowest shelf in the small pop culture section.
Yes, very familiar with where the NECA section is hehe. They don't even have a label / spot for the TMNT there. They have plenty of other stuff.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:21 PM   #257
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:

Quote:
Awesome work! You should be working at Neca. For real.

Points out that her jaw is WAY off, eyes are two close together / lacking in liner, and the lips are too pursed.
An artist with a good painting skill can easily give her a makeover and make her look as good (or even better!) as that model sheet. I can see it happening.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:07 AM   #258
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Did Pixel Dan ever say if Randy showed him stuff from his phone?

Is Pixel Dan even a member here? Seems he should.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #259
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Quote:
I sold you a big pile of TMNT about 2 years ago hehe. I'm in Spring Hill, you're in Crossville.

I have the cartoon SDCC set that I got lucky enough to get, but I can't see getting the rest realistically any way but paying double on eBay.

I have a big collection of Transformers friends though, maybe some of them will see it and can hook me up.

I have 2 complete sets. If you want them they are available, but at 53 per unit plus shipping most people pass.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #260
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I dont need the first wave as I got those with the sdcc release I'm just worries about the future waves
thanks for offering though