The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 08-18-2004, 08:42 AM   #21
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

Wow

Man this is a good comic exciting. And kinda with cliffhangers.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:59 AM   #22
cqb101
Cinephile

Awesome work! I love your style. Can't wait to see more.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:04 AM   #23
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Great drawings Tigerfog , Great story , loved it, cant wait to see more
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:24 PM   #24
Rainbow Daze
Random Punk

Wow! I love it.

I hope to see more soon.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:21 PM   #25
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow
Yay, more pages. Let us know whenever you update, allright?
At the moment, he's kinda busy with college (getting settled in, learning his class-schedule; etc.), so updates may be kinda sparse til he gets back into routine. And if HE can't let everyone know about updates to Obscure Zodiac, I visit there at least once a day, so I'll keep everyone posted if he can't. (And, bro, if you think I'm stepping on your toes with this, let me know, okay? I just thought I'd try to help, so don't nobody get at MAD at me, k? My heart's in the right place!)

Oh, and this reminds me: he updated the site I think yesterday. Added Pages 36 and 37 to the Prologue, and some other stuff. Check it out! Obscure Zodiac just gets better as it goes along! He's accepting art from Friends, too (usually MNT Gaiden-related, but I'm sure he'll be happy for anything y'all send him). Check out Sakan-san's take on Tigerfog's "Possessed Leonardo" pic, especially. It's magnificent but really chilling. She really brings out the evil that that sandblasted cursed katana is bringing out in Leo! Brrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow
Also, though your art was good to begin with, I've been noticing that it is actually improving with every update, kudos.

And I think I know how this 'prologue' will end...I've seen your future TMNT drawings...Am I far off when I say those might be invloved in this somehow...?
Yeah, the Prologue explains just why (from Tigerfog's POV) Raph is so scarred up and only has one eye. Plus pretty much why Leo left the family for awhile. This thing is supposed to go 50 or so pages, he said, so we're all in for a bit more of a roller-coaster ride before this is all over with.

Oh, btw, he has some pages from the MAIN "MNT Gaiden" Fancomic (the part that introduces his TMNT fan-character Renoir into the mix) over in the Scraps Section of his page over at DeviantArt. There's only like six (I THINK it's part of the FIRST true chapter of the story, and is well worth checking out), but it looks like it's going to be as good as the Prologue already is. I highly recommend both IT (even no further along than it is!), AND the Prologue! They're two of MY fave TMNT FanComics of the moment...and promise to be for a very, VERY long time!

Oh, and if you've read his Journal over at DevArt, you'll know that he will no longer be posting pages for EITHER the Prologue OR the main "MNT Gaiden" Fancomic there. They will both be posted EXCLUSIVELY at Obscure Zodiac. Just my little "public service announcement" for the day.

And like I said previously, bro, if you think I'm overstepping my bounds with this and stepping on your toes, just tell me, k? And I'll quit.

Peace, y'all.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:22 PM   #26
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

Hey, thanks for the positive comments everybody! I'm so happy everybody's enjoying my fan comic! There aren't a lot of things on my Obscure Zodiac site right now, but I try to improve it as much as possible!

Hehe, I really appreciate your support, Wolfie! Thank you for explaining things for first time readers (your explanations are exactly what I would've said) and for supporting me all the way till now!
I might be repeating what Whitewolf89 said earlier, but I'd like to say once again that the prologue is more like a preparation for the main story, like a catapult that will help me have a better start when the real storyline begins.
But the first six pages of the first chapter are likely to be scrapped because by the end of the prologue, my style will have completely changed (for the better, I hope, like Mecha Cow said), so it'll be kind of weird if the style was to become suddenly old in the first chapter. I'll just do them over again, no big deal!
Remember to check my state of mind section too, at the bottom of the main MNT Gaiden page! That's probably what I will update most often, as the drawings in that section are very simple and quick to draw.
And Wolfie, you'll never be stepping on my toes, never. Everything you've done for me since the beginning of my project has always been a great help for me!

BTW, small update. One page only unfortunately. It takes me about two hours per page and 30 minutes per state of mind.
I hope you all enjoy seeing Donny in the last few pages! He's been pretty much absent during the whole 30 first pages...
Old 08-18-2004, 04:29 PM   #27
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Seeing Don in it made it all the better your comic is getting better and better each page I read! Simply amazing
Old 08-19-2004, 01:02 PM   #28
Whitewolf89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfog
Hey, thanks for the positive comments everybody! I'm so happy everybody's enjoying my fan comic! There aren't a lot of things on my Obscure Zodiac site right now, but I try to improve it as much as possible!

Hehe, I really appreciate your support, Wolfie! Thank you for explaining things for first time readers (your explanations are exactly what I would've said) and for supporting me all the way till now!
Hey, no probs, bro. Always glad to help out! And I'm glad that I put it the way you would've. Great minds think alike, no? LOL Even if one is 18 and the other one is 47!

Quote:
I might be repeating what Whitewolf89 said earlier, but I'd like to say once again that the prologue is more like a preparation for the main story, like a catapult that will help me have a better start when the real storyline begins.
But the first six pages of the first chapter are likely to be scrapped because by the end of the prologue, my style will have completely changed (for the better, I hope, like Mecha Cow said), so it'll be kind of weird if the style was to become suddenly old in the first chapter. I'll just do them over again, no big deal!
Remember to check my state of mind section too, at the bottom of the main MNT Gaiden page! That's probably what I will update most often, as the drawings in that section are very simple and quick to draw.
And Wolfie, you'll never be stepping on my toes, never. Everything you've done for me since the beginning of my project has always been a great help for me!
Thankies for the assurance on that, bro. I didn't want to seem like a nuisense, or a bossy nosy-butt (a fave saying of my youngest niece, that), and any way that I can help, I will. Count on it.

Quote:
BTW, small update. One page only unfortunately. It takes me about two hours per page and 30 minutes per state of mind.
I hope you all enjoy seeing Donny in the last few pages! He's been pretty much absent during the whole 30 first pages...
And that's good to know about the main MNT Gaiden comic. ANY style of yours looks fine, and IS fine with me, but we all have to grow as artists. TRUST me, the way I drew things when I started out drawing when I was six (LOTTA water under the bridge since then! LOL ) is a LOT different than the way I draw now.

And I've definitely been enjoying Donnie's part in this! He's definitely making up for his conspicuous absence now (except for that on panel on Page 10, where he asks Leo to go to the junkyard to get him some things and Splinter goes instead. BIIIIIIGGGGGGG mistake! At least for Leo, but then the comic wouldn't be going the direction it is, right? Right.)! He's getting into the thick of it, right along with poor Raph! And thinking that Raph's still possessed! Donnie-boy, you need to get a clue. Between Raph and Leo, RAPH'S the really SANE one right now! And I just get the feeling that Mikey's gonna get hurt worse than HE already is, too! Eeeeek!!!

Anywho, I hope you don't mind, but I saved the original first six pages of the main Gaiden comic off on my comp so I could print them off later and take them with me to enjoy on long road-trips and such (can't very well take my comp with me in the car, y' know! If it was a laptop, I could, but I DON'T think my desktop puter would be too comfortable in my lap on a trip. But I digress.....). I may do it so I can enjoy both versions, for comparison. I am LOVING this story! Keep up the rad work! And, as always, I'm glad I can help out.

And on another note about your return to the Wild and Wonderful World of College Academics...............
Shade and Happy Studying!!!

(LOL Sorry, that's sort of from Elfquest, another of my "obsessions" BESIDES the TMNT.)
Old 08-21-2004, 05:24 PM   #29
Whitewolf89

Quick update, peeps, since Tigerfog is, in his own words, "literally flooded with homework" since returning to college. No new comic pages yet, but a new "State of Mind" (which is hilarious, btw), and a new gift-pic of Mikey from Sakan-san.

If you go to the site and read the current "State of Mind", you'll find out that, til he "gets rid of the burden" (slight paraphrase there, bro; hope you don't mind ), "it seems MNT Gaiden's progress will REALLY be affected by this......." (his homework-load, that is). But stay tuned, k? They WILL come. As the old saying goes, "All good things come to those who wait", so be patient. THIS ride ain't over yet!

Btw, does ANYONE around here know what the shell a/the Matsuri is? Tigerfog mentioned it in his latest "State of Mind", and the pic is of the Turtles (specifically Leo, Don, and Mikey) doing their OWN Matsuri wearing black-trimmed red jackets. Mike has something that looks like a yoyo on one finger (with Donnie behind him telling him he's "Too old for this", and Leo's holding a pole-like thing with what looks like a knob of some kind on it. As to what they're doing, I'm totally clueless. Hints, anyone?
Old 08-23-2004, 08:46 PM   #30
Raphangela
Thug

Totally radical, dude! I love what you've done here! Man, I wished they, Mirage, would make more comic books. I miss them.

Trista: You don't know anything about me!!
Trista: My name is Trista, I have done many horrible things. Many horrible, unforgivable things...
Halloween: Trick or Treat!?
Raphangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #31
Whitewolf89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphangela
Totally radical, dude! I love what you've done here!
Indeed. It's just getting better and better! Page 39 is now up, along with a new "State of Mind" from our bro. LOL Check out Leo in the pink apron! Cute!

Quote:
Man, I wished they, Mirage, would make more comic books. I miss them.
Mirage make more comics?! Hey, they still do! They come out every two months, I think, and if my memory serves me right, they're now up to #17 in Volume 4. Check your local comic shop or get a Previews comics catalog from somewhere. The Turtles are FAR from dead!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:50 AM   #32
Leonardo_the_sword_master
Stone Warrior

meessaa want more. but keep up the good work, those drawings are soooooooooo cool, and i can't wait till another update.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:44 PM   #33
Whitewolf89

New update. The Prologue is now up to Page 40, things are getting really messy now (Mikey and Raph are having a confrontation in the Lair's infirmery, NOT with good results) and Tigerfog has changed the look of the MAIN page (the one at obscurezodiac.150m.com ).

Go check it out; it's well woth your time.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:02 PM   #34
Leonardo_the_sword_master
Stone Warrior

woohooo awesome updates.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:32 PM   #35
Raphangela
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Quote:
Totally radical, dude! I love what you've done here!
Indeed. It's just getting better and better! Page 39 is now up, along with a new "State of Mind" from our bro. LOL Check out Leo in the pink apron! Cute!

Quote:
Man, I wished they, Mirage, would make more comic books. I miss them.
Mirage make more comics?! Hey, they still do! They come out every two months, I think, and if my memory serves me right, they're now up to #17 in Volume 4. Check your local comic shop or get a Previews comics catalog from somewhere. The Turtles are FAR from dead!!!

YAY!! AWESOME!! I'm SO glad ta hear that! Thanks! I'll do! Yeah, Leo in that pink apron is hilarious, but not as funny as what Raphael and Mikey said! lol

Trista: You don't know anything about me!!
Trista: My name is Trista, I have done many horrible things. Many horrible, unforgivable things...
Halloween: Trick or Treat!?
Raphangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #36
Whitewolf89

LOL True, true.

Sheeesh. You'd think that Leo couldn't cook, the way the guys talk.........

EDIT: Hey, Raphangela, I know this is slightly OT, but when's the NEXT chapter of "SILENCE" coming out? Just curious........

And now back to the regularly-scheduled MNT Gaiden (Prologue and all!) Updates...................
Old 08-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #37
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior

this is so cool great work cant wait for more. i love the way you draw the turtles keep it up

"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:55 PM   #38
Spitfire
Writer • Director

This comic is still getting better by the page
Poor Raph he really is loseing it
Old 08-24-2004, 07:04 PM   #39
Whitewolf89

Yes, it is. And methinks it will only get better!

And Raph ain't the ONLY one. Thanks to that cursed katana, Leo's gone gonzo now, too. Check out Sakan-san's version of "Possessed Leonardo" in Tigerfog"s "Gifts from Friends" Section of the website. A superb pic, but spooky, especially Leo's EYES as he raises that katana and throws his scabbard aside. Brrrrrr! Chilling!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:28 PM   #40
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Yeah I looked at all the art on his site its all wonderful!