The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #21
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

This doesn't really make sense. They could reverse-engineer their pending "projects" and rebuild their research. They don't really have a steady supply of ooze, though, because none of the mutant projects bore very much fruit and Krang seems to have lost interest in going that route. I was under the assumption in the beginning that the whole purpose of the terrapin project was to be able to grow carapace on human beings as a kind of armor, and that was how the Stone Soldiers came about. A lot of what happens in this series doesn't make sense/is convoluted until it is explained countless issues later.

It obviously doesn't matter that the research was stolen, since that happened before Krang abducted Stockman, and he was still able to create Flyborg mutants to work on the Technodrome.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #22
corvus
Stone Warrior

The flyborg was very recent and not quite the same as other.mutants. What projects would they reverse engineer? They didn't have any, that's why they wanted splinter. They explain that pretty well in the early issues. Krang doesn't seem to care about mutants anymore so this is all done and over with. The foot has ooze and can make mutants. They got the research to make Alopex we just don't know where they got the ooze, its a really minor detail. Saki, now has some ooze and he'll probably want some more mutants, the savate and turtles have it out for him.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #23
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
The flyborg was very recent and not quite the same as other.mutants. What projects would they reverse engineer? They didn't have any, that's why they wanted splinter. They explain that pretty well in the early issues. Krang doesn't seem to care about mutants anymore so this is all done and over with. The foot has ooze and can make mutants. They got the research to make Alopex we just don't know where they got the ooze, its a really minor detail. Saki, now has some ooze and he'll probably want some more mutants, the savate and turtles have it out for him.
It's not explicitly stated, but the Ooze from the Shredder's coffin is what they likely used. Going back through the early issues, the Foot don't actually get away with any of the things they attempted to steal. They actually destroy the data disk with the research on it, and the psychotropic serum and mutagen are obviously lost in the creation of Old Hob, Splinter, and the Turtles. To further them not getting anything, Splinter puts the Turtles into the bag and falls through a sewer grate before the Foot could grab them. I'm pretty confident Alopex is going to be revealed as our first human to anthropomorphic animal mutation. Otherwise, there's going to be a lot of hoop jumping to answer a lot of the questions surrounding her. Although, they did with Old Hob in his micro, so who knows.
Warboss74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alopex, mutation