The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #41
Powder
So tired of this place

Just not feelin' it. I'd like to see a fully human Karai once again.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #42
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Yeah that's not gonna happen.
TMNTInsighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #43
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
Who me? If so, what's wrong with that?
He's not booing you, but the general thought here is the Karai angle is being dragged out way too much. The snake design looks cool though resembles Scale Tail in my eyes a little, but just an issue drawn out for far too long. It's essentially the middle of the fourth season and is just tiring to watch the same formula for Karai where she's only fuel for Shredder and Splinter's feud.

I'd rather Karai be on the loose during humans vs mutants (if it isn't only a standalone episode like Clash of the Mutanimals) and finally brought home after one good episode with her. Then, why not go the route of the Hulk and have her struggling to control her feral side with her humanity side after all that's happened? I don't want this dragged any longer, it's just tiring to watch Karai take a back seat.

Edit: Awwww, I got beat to the punch? Either way, just get Karai to go Bruce Banner style of struggling to control herself. Simple concept, but offers a lot of good for the show.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #44
TMNTInsighter
Banned

But I never once mentioned Shredder or Splinter (until now of course). I even mentioned once before in this thread that she does make it home but makes the decision to join the Mutanimals. I don't expect it to happen but I think it'd still be best for her character if I was show runner.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #45
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTInsighter View Post
Yeah that's not gonna happen.
Maybe not, time will tell. Either way, I wish it had been resolved before the earth's destruction.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #46
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Maybe not, time will tell. Either way, I wish it had been resolved before the earth's destruction.
I actually like to think Karai played a big part without actually being present. I don't think Shredder really believed April's and Splinter's claims that she could still be alive (they hardly seemed to believe it themselves), and with Tang Shen (most of all) and Karai meaning the whole world to him, it made his choice to strike Splinter down when he did a lot easier.
Now would her presence have stopped him? I don't know. The creators of this series were really intent on making the annihilation of Earth happen even if they weren't quite sure how to get to that point. In short, I think it really was for the best that she wasn't there so things could play out the way they did.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #47
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

You'll soon find out when Earth's Last Stand comes out on April 24, 2016.

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:38 AM   #48
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntsplinterfan1997 View Post
You'll soon find out when Earth's Last Stand comes out on April 24, 2016.
What makes you think she will show up this time?
Old 03-28-2016, 12:18 PM   #49
Powder
So tired of this place

He just likes bumping his threads.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

It is interesting there will only be 12 episodes on Earth after this arc ends. Makes me think there will be very little filler if they want to wrap up some plotlines that have been going on for a while.

From the sounds of it Season 5 will be another roadtrip through Asia or Europe, so they won't be in NYC for long.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #51
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It is interesting there will only be 12 episodes on Earth after this arc ends. Makes me think there will be very little filler if they want to wrap up some plotlines that have been going on for a while.

From the sounds of it Season 5 will be another roadtrip through Asia or Europe, so they won't be in NYC for long.
Well, Dracula did originate in Europe.
I personally would like for them to go to Asia--specifically Japan--to see what remains of where Yoshi, Shen, and Saki lived. Perhaps a return home for Tiger Claw? And perhaps Karai getting closure (somewhat) in visiting her mother's grave (perhaps encountering her spirit?)
Old 04-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #52
Hero
British Bloke

Wasn't there a Europe arc in the original toon?

Would be good to see more Earth locations on the show. I liked seeing Japan and Medieval England during the 'Time Bandits' episodes.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #53
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Wasn't there a Europe arc in the original toon?

Would be good to see more Earth locations on the show. I liked seeing Japan and Medieval England during the 'Time Bandits' episodes.
And Archie took them on more international routes.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #54
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
He's not booing you, but the general thought here is the Karai angle is being dragged out way too much. The snake design looks cool though resembles Scale Tail in my eyes a little, but just an issue drawn out for far too long. It's essentially the middle of the fourth season and is just tiring to watch the same formula for Karai where she's only fuel for Shredder and Splinter's feud.

I'd rather Karai be on the loose during humans vs mutants (if it isn't only a standalone episode like Clash of the Mutanimals) and finally brought home after one good episode with her. Then, why not go the route of the Hulk and have her struggling to control her feral side with her humanity side after all that's happened? I don't want this dragged any longer, it's just tiring to watch Karai take a back seat.

Edit: Awwww, I got beat to the punch? Either way, just get Karai to go Bruce Banner style of struggling to control herself. Simple concept, but offers a lot of good for the show.
I been saying this for a long while that a bruce banner conflict, mind you not in those exact words, but yes that would so much more interesting to do then what we have so far being so minimalistic and bare bones in terms of character development.

I like it and wish it was real but it doesn't feel like their style of writing at this point.

There were times when certain situations could been drawn out to really flesh out the characters like how Leo dealing how he had almost die in Season 1, Slash being an enemy of the turtles and seeing how that would've effected Raph, but of course they didn't set out on how long Corey Feldman would've work with them. And of course the Mutagen Man situation with Donnie.

I find it hard to understand but maybe most of the time, it was never hinted that those situations would lead to big character arcs but still....they could have done something here and there!

Are we a little crazy of taking this a little too seriously and trying way too hard to make this the spiritual successor of Teen Titans while everyones see this as a slightly above average Saturday morning cartoon? Or maybe the show has a very different objective for itself and is achieving what it had set out to do. It has it own identity and personality that stands out and that's..fine.

In comparison to the Northampton arc, does the Space arc have a better structure or is it just random side stories that are collected together as using sarcastic finger quotes "anthology" with a continuity as loose as the mind serum arc?
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 04-05-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #55
TMNTInsighter
Banned

Well, if I was show runner--I'm not making predictions b/c I'm terrible at them!--I would have Karai's arc revolve around Splinter and Tiger Claw who become some of those who learn about the events of AE and become driven by revenge against Saki. Long story short, she becomes the key to reconciling Splinter back to his old ways and redeeming Tiger Claw (who is invited to join the Mutanimals thanks to this, in which he changes his name to Old Hob). She decides then and there that, with her being a grown woman and having to decide her own path, her belief that Splinter needs to move on with his new family (other than her showing up to ninjutsu training once a week), her other "belief" that someone from the family needs to help keep TC/OH "in line" (which is my excuse for more arguments between the two, I loved those moments in S2), and the fact that she needs to perfect her new mutant abilities, it'd be best if she became part of the Mutanimals...she is now a mutant after all, duh! It also makes sense that the character of Karai has never had that many number of recurring appearances throughout the franchise (not to mention how prolific Kelly Hu is), and the fact that if she were to stay, it'd be hard to keep the focus on the four title stars of the show we've been familiar with all these years--it's not "Karai and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" after all.
That's just my thought process. And while it's not likely to happen at all, I think it'd be perfect! Hopefully you'll get where I'm coming from, if not then boo yourself (Powder).

Besides, I don't think I've seen a cartoon/animated character divide a family--and it's divided when it comes to Miwa/Karai! And usually, once you divide the family, it's over.

Last edited by TMNTInsighter; 04-04-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:11 PM   #56
Hero
British Bloke

As soon as the space arc ends I intend to extract the best clips and make up a mock intro to the Red Dwarf theme song....

Not the best showcase for having a media degree, but an outlet to have fun with.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:09 PM   #57
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I wonder if there is any chance that the timing of our (finally) human karai figure is related to Karai being restored later in Season 4 or very early Season 5.

Afterall to maximize toy sales the character would need to be on screen.

Some of us thought they were not giving us a Karai figure for any number of reasons. But one reason that we may not have know about is they decided to hold off on releasing it until she was going to be more prominent.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #58
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Gangsters

I want the gangsters from the 1987 cartoon. They could participate in "City at War".

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 04-17-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #59
Hero
British Bloke

I'm sure the large mob boss (whose name escapes me atm) and his goons will also get involved. I like seeing the cityscapes used on the show with lots going on.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #60
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I'm sure the large mob boss (whose name escapes me atm) and his goons will also get involved. I like seeing the cityscapes used on the show with lots going on.
Don Vizioso.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt 2012