The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 10:36 PM   #681
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Too bad Rey won't have an iconic sexy outfit like Leia & Padme because of Disney and PCs.
http://www.boletodecine.com/files/im...o%20inside.jpg
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/p...-Unleashed.jpg
I'unno, I still think she's kinda sexy.

I seen a video of her working out one time and it kind of left an impression.

I also seen her naked in something but she was playing a corpse, so I kind of don't dwell on it as much as I probably should.

I'unno, I dig her. I just think she's been given absolute sh*t to work with in this, but I don't blame her for it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:44 PM   #682
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm not saying she's not attractive, just won't have an iconic sexy outfit. I like her normal outfit a lot and the one in TLJ too. I do think if she was simply Rey Skywalker she'd be more liked in general because all her B.S. abilities would at least have an explanation.

I think we're getting the movie we all wanted to see back during Episode VII. I'm excited even if disappointed it took the failure of TLJ for Disney to realize this and messing up the sequel trilogy forever.

As to why the actors don't look like they've aged much, well the 3 movies were basically filmed in less time than it took Lucas to make 2 movies. The previous trilogies were 3 years apart so 9 years and these were made in 5 years, nearly double the time for the actors to age.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:50 PM   #683
Leo656
The Franchise

It's probably for the best that we'll never see Daisy Ridley in a Slave Leia bikini. I personally don't think I could take it.

Especially if she had her hair down, and was doing that "Sweaty, heavy-breathing" thing they love to show her doing in every trailer for every movie.

I'm only human, after all.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:07 PM   #684
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I wouldn't want a slave outfit, that's already been done. Padme just had her shirt ripped but it's super iconic, she looks badass:

I'm not a designer, best example I could find on google was something as simple as this:

I mean star wars was inspired by A Princess of Mars and the previous movies have paid tribute to it. Hell now that I think about it even Disney's John Carter had Dejah Thoris in an iconic sexy outfit that worked perfectly to show Dejah even if it was not the skimpy metal one she's supposed to wear that inspired Leia's metal bikini:

#Disneyhatesnavels #poorprincessjasmine

Last edited by sdp; 05-22-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #685
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'know, people don't like to give George Lucas nor "Attack of the Clones" credit for much, but I will say this: They managed for a brief moment to make Natalie Portman look genuinely attractive and not like an anorexic drama club kid. That took effort.

She and Angelina Jolie top the list of "Chicks The Magazines Have Spent 20 Years Telling You Are Hot, But Really, They Should Eat Something Right Away Before They Pass Out". Except Angelina Jolie was actually once VERY hot, but it was 1997. Natalie Portman's only ever been "hot" in that one scene, from that one movie.

Again, AOTC gets sh*t on a lot, but points for that one thing, at least.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 PM   #686
sdp
Megan Fox = April

They did a great job with outfits for Padme, I especially love the ones from Episode 1, they felt so alien. But she changed clothes all the times during the trilogy and it worked for her character since she was royalty. Even her flippin' death scene had her in an outrageous outfit

Old 05-22-2019, 11:40 PM   #687
Leo656
The Franchise

They definitely went far beyond with the costuming for her, I'll give 'em credit for that.

Especially since if they'd filmed it nowadays, she'd just be wearing green saran wrap covered with ping pong balls, and all of those elaborate outfits would be CGI'd in post.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:45 AM   #688
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Of course, I also don't have kids, so I guess that's cheating. Nothing's worse for you than having kids, I swear to God. May as well trade in your face for a crumpled wash rag. I seen it, man. And I don't recommend it!
The other day I noticed that my wife has become Rogue from the X-Men hairstyle wise within three years so I'm backing up this statement.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:50 AM   #689
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
The other day I noticed that my wife has become Rogue from the X-Men hairstyle wise within three years so I'm backing up this statement.
All the chicks I wanted to bang in high school now have kids, and in turn, look like the Moms of the chicks I wanted to bang in high school.

It's a little depressing.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:08 AM   #690
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
and in turn, look like the Moms of the chicks I wanted to bang in high school.
I'm guessing the "wanting to bang" part attributes to the chicks, not the moms here? you never know though...!

Considering TLJ took place immediately after the end of TFA, then the characters not looking like they aged is continuity appropriate. Whereas there was a three year gap between ANH and ESB, as the Rebels abandoned Yavin IV, fled across the galaxy and went into hiding again.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:56 AM   #691
snake
Disgusting

Felicity Jones is easily the hottest woman they’ve cast in a SW film.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #692
Vegita-San
Emperor

make solo2 happen.. those poor saps.....

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:56 PM   #693
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm afraid to re-watch TLJ, so much horrible stuff that I didn't even pay attention to because I was mad of recycling the rebels v empire story but if I rewatch it i'd hate it. But it also had cool stuff, I liked all these kylo scenes, it had me excited until they pulled a "j/k it's rebels v empire again"

hell this AMV makes Kylo look awesome:

I don't know, somehow the sequel trilogy can be salvaged a little bit.

The current rumor is that
Spoiler:
Rey is Ben/kylo's sister somehow
, I would actually really like that, unsure how they can explain it but I'd like that.

Out of the pictures released, I'm glad that the knights of ren will play a role finally, the mystery helmet girl looks badass, rey v kylo looks cool. I only hate that Finn has a new love interest I"m guessing? Who is that black chick? People hated Rose so now they give him a new partner? I'm a Finn x Rey fan, can't believe they're not going to let that happen. Reylo wincest? no thanks.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:07 PM   #694
snake
Disgusting

Sdp, you're showing more enthusiasm for this project than the people behind it, so congratulations?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #695
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
rey v kylo looks cool
Why are they even fighting, again? Like, if I were to see them clashing again right now... why should I root for him to be beaten?

Such a weird couple of movies. I have no idea who the bad guys are or what they even want or their motivations.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #696
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Such a weird couple of movies. I have no idea who the bad guys are or what they even want or their motivations.
I was really confused in Force Awakens, as it seems like the ex-Rebellion has now been the galactic order for decades but the new *"Third Order" just burst onto the scene after covertly building a planet-sized Death Star. Then, despite losing the plant-sized Death Star, the *Third Order was established as dominant before the start of Last Jedi because... reasons? So now the handful of people who ran the Republic are now the Rebels again because... it sounds cooler?

EDIT: "First Order" because I just can't keep it all straight.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 05-24-2019 at 11:40 AM.
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:20 PM   #697
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm not saying it isn't a mess, just trying to fix things the best way possible and hope they sort of implement similar ideas to fix them so at least the trilogy of trilogies of a series we've followed all our lives can have a somewhat decent ending and I think that's achievable even if not the greatest thing or what they could've done but whatever.

Why are Rey and Kylo fighting? One is bad the other is good, lame but if the rumors of
Spoiler:
both being skywalkers fighting to see where the balance of the force or whatever I guess that sort of works
, the fight in the rain seems very Matrix Revolutions but something we haven't seen.

The official explanation from their crappy EU as to why the first order is dominant in TLJ is because even though their "NOT" a Death Star 3 from TFA was destroyed they destroyed the key planets holding the republic together I guess. Wish they could fix that somehow but the first order from Episode 7 was already a weak excuse as to how they'd survive, not really sure. Best way to explain it would be Palpatine still had ties in the Republic but let's see how they handle palpatine first before we can make that deduction.

I don't know maybe something cool can sort of come out of these movies. Definitely not looking forward to the new trilogy starting in 2023, doesn't feel long enough to shake off the bad taste from these movies.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #698
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The official explanation from their crappy EU as to why the first order is dominant in TLJ is because even though their "NOT" a Death Star 3 from TFA was destroyed they destroyed the key planets holding the republic together I guess.
I'm sure that's what they would go with, the few times they even remember there is a New Republic.

But the planets gone or not... it wouldn't be like the entire New Republic Fleet was all planetside. They'd all be in space. Where are they? Why wouldn't they immediately be marshaled together and integrate "the Resistance" into it proper, like immediately after the Starkiller attack?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #699
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Everybody will forever criticize Episode One for "trade disputes" but at least Lucas tried to build up a long-game explanation for how the Old Republic collapsed and opened the door for the Empire to make a coup.

The Sequel Trilogy just hopes nobody will care about motivation.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:58 AM   #700
Sumac
Banned

I wasn't fun of all this Trade Federation stuff in Episode One, when I have seen it for the first time, since it felt like I was thrown right in the middle of the story, without any explanation on what is going on, but as the time went by, I have become more and more appreciative of it.

As for the ST, the whole goal of Disney was to capitalize on Nostalgia, instead of inventing something new. This why we have "Rebels" and "Empire" fighting each other. It was not about "let's make a great story!", it was "let's REmake a great story!". And while new movies are technically competent and sometimes fun, they certainly don't feel like they will become classics.

Last edited by Sumac; 05-26-2019 at 04:39 AM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote