The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 07:30 PM   #401
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
No. He was focused on his exams.http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...1&postcount=98I liked the concept of Tai x Sora, but Taichi x Sora in the first season really wasn't there. Sora's friendship seemed to be the most emphasized. It did subtly show how her relationship with Yamato changed. By the end of Adventure, she no longer used an honorific with him.
I always saw a Mimi/Joe will they/won't they thing going on. It just seemed out of nowhere with Izzy crushing on the returning Mimi. I was wondering if it was there in the original but lost in translation like the Matt/Sora thing that was there, but saw none of. The only possible scene would be with Matt helping her out of the dark cave manifestation before he asked her to his concert around the Dark Agumon trilogy in season two.

Was anyone else left uncomfortable with the Hooters inspired outfit Mimi insisted on the benefit banquet waitresses wearing? It was like her character was being stared at in a sexual manner and the fact that Mimi is 16/17 and jokes/scenarios around it just left me creeped out a bit.

The whole scenario with Imperialdramon and corrupted Genai in disguise seemed wasted after the out of nowhere yet typical for Leomon move. Its obvious Meiccomon is the source of it all yet after being rescued goes in for the kill and disappears? Leomon deserves better than this cliche. #BringLeomonBack!
Old 01-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #402
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I always saw a Mimi/Joe will they/won't they thing going on.
I really don't see how you saw this...but to be fair, I watched the Japanese version. ^^ Then again, even for the dub I never saw it that way. It really felt like a senpai/kohai relationship to me. She treated him like her senpai and Jou treated Mimi the same way he did the other younger kids because he was the oldest.
Quote:
It just seemed out of nowhere with Izzy crushing on the returning Mimi. I was wondering if it was there in the original but lost in translation like the Matt/Sora thing that was there, but saw none of.
Well, to be fair, Koushirou did keep in contact with Mimi prior to 02 and while she was in America. It could've started developing around that time. Also, in Adventure, there is episode 10 that could've been foreshadowing something. To date, Koushirou and Mimi are the only ones who have had swapped partners and the partners were trying to get each kid to understand the other better. I'm pretty sure no other pair of the Adventure of Adventure 02 kids have gone through that. There's also the cliche things...like Koushirou seeing Mimi in the bath, her falling on him of all people after the Whamon thing, the two being paired up in the tree during the Pinochimon stuff...but I feel that the episode in the labyrinth is what made people fans of the pairing...remember, back in 1999 this pair was a popular one. That's when the drama CD came out, late 1999.
Quote:
The only possible scene would be with Matt helping her out of the dark cave manifestation before he asked her to his concert around the Dark Agumon trilogy in season two.
There's more, just pretty subtle. By the end of Adventure, it's implied that Sora is more comfortable with Yamato at least. She stopped using an honorific with him. He's the only character she's ever done that with. The only other character Sora doesn't use an honorific with is Taichi, but that's due to the fact that they've been friends for so long and have known one another since their preschool days. I can't recall how she refers to Yamato for Tri, though.
Quote:
Was anyone else left uncomfortable with the Hooters inspired outfit Mimi insisted on the benefit banquet waitresses wearing? It was like her character was being stared at in a sexual manner and the fact that Mimi is 16/17 and jokes/scenarios around it just left me creeped out a bit.
Hm, I didn't even think about it, but regardless of what they had gone with, they probably would've been oggled anyway because they're teenage girls in cute outfits. At least it wasn't truly like the Hooters outfits, though. Also, that felt realistic to me. One thing that's a thing here are short skirts. The girls feel it's cute to hike up their skirts, even if they left home with them at a normal looking length. Being cute is just a thing here...more than back home, from what I've noticed.
Quote:
The whole scenario with Imperialdramon and corrupted Genai in disguise seemed wasted after the out of nowhere yet typical for Leomon move. Its obvious Meiccomon is the source of it all yet after being rescued goes in for the kill and disappears? Leomon deserves better than this cliche. #BringLeomonBack!
I think it's just an onrunning gag now. If you have Leomon, something has to kill him out. I was thinking, while at the theater, "Hey, maybe Leomon won't be killed this....welp there it is, never mind." It legitimately surprised me.

I kinda hated the Imperialdramon stuff, but mainly for the Adventure kids. I hated the way Takeru referred to the Kaiser. He used an aggressive form of "you" and stuff even though they knew that it was Ken, their friend, which felt off. Earlier, Mimi was feeling bad because she had to fight Ogremon, but no one was feeling upset over the fact they were fighting against Ken as the Kaiser and Imperialdramon, who is half XV-mon. I was surprised they weren't hesitant or anything or even questioning it. It wasn't like, "Oh no, what's wrong with Ichijouji-kun? Where is Daisuke-kun?" Nothing like that.

At this point, I'm only watching Tri to see where the heck they're going and I don't think they even know and I hate the fact they're forcing Mei on us so much when you have four other characters that are missing that they could've used more properly. I stopped enjoying Tri a while ago. Even the last installment, I opted out of seeing it in the theaters and just watched it at home to save my money.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:33 PM   #403
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I really don't see how you saw this...but to be fair, I watched the Japanese version. ^^ Then again, even for the dub I never saw it that way. It really felt like a senpai/kohai relationship to me. She treated him like her senpai and Jou treated Mimi the same way he did the other younger kids because he was the oldest.Well, to be fair, Koushirou did keep in contact with Mimi prior to 02 and while she was in America. It could've started developing around that time. Also, in Adventure, there is episode 10 that could've been foreshadowing something. To date, Koushirou and Mimi are the only ones who have had swapped partners and the partners were trying to get each kid to understand the other better. I'm pretty sure no other pair of the Adventure of Adventure 02 kids have gone through that. There's also the cliche things...like Koushirou seeing Mimi in the bath, her falling on him of all people after the Whamon thing, the two being paired up in the tree during the Pinochimon stuff...but I feel that the episode in the labyrinth is what made people fans of the pairing...remember, back in 1999 this pair was a popular one. That's when the drama CD came out, late 1999.There's more, just pretty subtle. By the end of Adventure, it's implied that Sora is more comfortable with Yamato at least. She stopped using an honorific with him. He's the only character she's ever done that with. The only other character Sora doesn't use an honorific with is Taichi, but that's due to the fact that they've been friends for so long and have known one another since their preschool days. I can't recall how she refers to Yamato for Tri, though.Hm, I didn't even think about it, but regardless of what they had gone with, they probably would've been oggled anyway because they're teenage girls in cute outfits. At least it wasn't truly like the Hooters outfits, though. Also, that felt realistic to me. One thing that's a thing here are short skirts. The girls feel it's cute to hike up their skirts, even if they left home with them at a normal looking length. Being cute is just a thing here...more than back home, from what I've noticed.I think it's just an onrunning gag now. If you have Leomon, something has to kill him out. I was thinking, while at the theater, "Hey, maybe Leomon won't be killed this....welp there it is, never mind." It legitimately surprised me.

I kinda hated the Imperialdramon stuff, but mainly for the Adventure kids. I hated the way Takeru referred to the Kaiser. He used an aggressive form of "you" and stuff even though they knew that it was Ken, their friend, which felt off. Earlier, Mimi was feeling bad because she had to fight Ogremon, but no one was feeling upset over the fact they were fighting against Ken as the Kaiser and Imperialdramon, who is half XV-mon. I was surprised they weren't hesitant or anything or even questioning it. It wasn't like, "Oh no, what's wrong with Ichijouji-kun? Where is Daisuke-kun?" Nothing like that.

At this point, I'm only watching Tri to see where the heck they're going and I don't think they even know and I hate the fact they're forcing Mei on us so much when you have four other characters that are missing that they could've used more properly. I stopped enjoying Tri a while ago. Even the last installment, I opted out of seeing it in the theaters and just watched it at home to save my money.
Its been about six years since I have watched Adventure 01 when I watched it through in a marathon over the span of five weeks so some of it maybe just lost to me in time. The only Izzy/Mimi pairing I remember was when they were separated on File Island by Devimon that Izzy and Mimi were paired. I just remember Mimi and Joe interacting more. I also believed that Tai,Matt, Sora,Mimi,Izzy, and Joe were all the exact same age (12) and T.K. and Karai were 8. Lost to translation or never said and my assumptions? Probably both. Am I opposed to Mimi and Izzy? No. It just does not seem to organically work because they are so different. Sure, the old cliche of opposites attract. Its just harder to see.

What episode was the labyrinth, btw? The one I referred to during the Devimon arc or a different one?

Tai and Sora, was it ever a thing and Tai has to accept Matt moving in and becoming a couple with Sora or something I misread?

Also, refresh me, and maybe it contributed to my assumption all six older kids were the same age, but was there an age limit to being a DigiDestined? As to why the three others joined and why the six older ones could not open the gate, but if T.K. or Karai or the other three did they could go through?

Was that the very Imperialdramon that is Davis's Veemon and Ken's Wormmon or a different Digimon of the species? As far as recognition of the Digimon Emperor is concerned, I considered that their memories could have been toyed with since the four Adventure 02 characters are not present, assumingly wiped out of existence. What if he was defeated, but they don't remember him joining or that he was a prototype pawn of Owikawa( spelled correctly?). It might be revised somehow. Was T.K. rude? Hard to say, as we or I at least at this point don't know what continuity they are experiencing.

Remember, while I know minor spoilers I have only seen through the second installment at this point.

I like the focus on the characters I grew attached to and connected to so I am fine with the four Adventure 02 kids not being involved. I am not opposed to others joining up, but rather see focus on Tai and Matt. So if we get to see them opposed to another version in yet another parallel universe I am fine with it. Is Tri great? No. I just appreciate the fact the product exist.

I think what made me uncomfortable is I have been close to cheerleaders. One I grew up with and loved and a pair about to graduate I saw grow up the last three years as their teacher and mentor. In either situation I get protective and don't want cheerleaders oogled at. It made me think of them and wanting to step in to end it.

Leomon reminds me of Gwen Stacy in a way. The character whenever dusted off the fan starts the countdown clock to the character's untimely demise to drive the plot as pointless as it may be or cliche as it has become. It is more of a shock if she does not die. Spider-Man 3 gets a lot of flack, but I liked what was done with Gwen. She was paired with Eddie Brock, a character she never coexisted with to help him go down the path of Venom and to be a roadblock for Peter and Mary Jane once Harry's plot was finished. Her death was never likely to happen even if it went on with a fourth installment or more. Yet the moment Emma Stone was announced to play Gwen Stacey instead of Mary Jane Watson everyone and their pet knew Gwen Stacey was going to die one way or another. Why? Because that is what she does and its dramatic. Sorry, for getting slightly off topic there. Leomon is arguably the greatest ally of the DigiDestined or strongest basic Digimon if on a team. So to kill this powerhouse will effect everyone and with the Adventure kids it does not kill off the DigiDestined partners yet the next closest thing. It would be more surprising if Leomon survives and I challenge creators to do that. Fine something for Leomon to do other than die a heroic/ expected death to drive up the stakes and the drama. Leomon as far as Adventure is concerned is never coming back because he was killed in the physical world opposed to the digital world even with this reboot,correct? Such a waste if so. I like the character.

It will be a little while,but I need to watch season one and may even two all the way through in order again. Its been too long. It will help me see things I missed when I was a pre-teen.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:47 AM   #404
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
The only Izzy/Mimi pairing I remember was when they were separated on File Island by Devimon that Izzy and Mimi were paired.
Yeah, the labyrinth episode. Both had their partners swapped and Tentomon was trying to get Mimi to understand Koushirou while Palmon was trying to get Koushirou to understand Mimi. They're the only two out of the Adventure and Adventure 02 kids that's had that treatment.
Quote:
I just remember Mimi and Joe interacting more.
Only for the later parts of Adventure when Mimi didn't want to fight anymore and wanted to stay behind, so Jou volunteered to stay with her as he felt it was his responsibility to since Taichi and Sora were with the other younger (Koushirou, Hikari, Takeru) kids.
Quote:
I also believed that Tai,Matt, Sora,Mimi,Izzy, and Joe were all the exact same age (12) and T.K. and Karai were 8.
Nope. Jou was 12 (6th grade/final year of elementary, hence his obsession with his testing and cram school since he wanted to go to a private junior high school, which he did in 02; you need to pass entrance exams for private junior high schools, public junior schools you don't have to test into them; all high schools you have to test into), Taichi, Sora, and Yamato were 11 (5th grade), Koushirou and Mimi were 10 (4th grade, same class, and was also the reason why Koushirou was the one to notice that Mimi was the one who was missing and gave her information to the others in the first episode...well, in the Japanese version he did, don't remember the dub), and you're right about Takeru and Hikari for Adventure being 8 (2nd grade). Something interesting, though is that for the Adventure novel, Yamato thought that Jou was in the same year as him, which is why he didn't use an honorific with Jou, which is pretty rude. He never did start using one with him. Same with Taichi never using an honorific with Jou, but his character is extremely casual. Also in the novel, Yamato and Taichi didn't care much for Jou at first. Mimi when first seeing Jou as their cabin leader, had no real faith in him because he looked nervous upon first meeting.
Quote:
It just does not seem to organically work because they are so different. Sure, the old cliche of opposites attract. Its just harder to see.
To be fair, both characters were kind of changed for the dub. Izzy came across as antisocial and arrogant while Mimi was an airhead.
Quote:
What episode was the labyrinth, btw? The one I referred to during the Devimon arc or a different one?
Episode 10, I think it was.
Quote:
Tai and Sora, was it ever a thing and Tai has to accept Matt moving in and becoming a couple with Sora or something I misread?
Yes and no. In Adventure, no. Bokura no Wargame, yes from Sora's side, but not Taichi's. In Adventure 02, yes, but from Taichi's side and not Sora's. She'd outgrown her crush on him.
Quote:
Also, refresh me, and maybe it contributed to my assumption all six older kids were the same age, but was there an age limit to being a DigiDestined? As to why the three others joined and why the six older ones could not open the gate, but if T.K. or Karai or the other three did they could go through?
Yeah, 12 and under for Adventure's continuity, which was why Koushirou and Mimi were locked out. They're a year older than Miyako and just missed out by one year, as they were 13.
Quote:
Was that the very Imperialdramon that is Davis's Veemon and Ken's Wormmon or a different Digimon of the species?
Why wouldn't it have been even assumed? Ken was there. Stingmon jorgress evolves with XV-mon to evolve to Impreialdramon. Seems some of them would've thought that maybe Imperialdramon was infected or that something was seriously wrong to see the Kaiser and Imperialdramon.
Quote:
As far as recognition of the Digimon Emperor is concerned, I considered that their memories could have been toyed with since the four Adventure 02 characters are not present, assumingly wiped out of existence. What if he was defeated, but they don't remember him joining or that he was a prototype pawn of Owikawa (spelled correctly?). It might be revised somehow. Was T.K. rude? Hard to say, as we or I at least at this point don't know what continuity they are experiencing.
They all knew it was Ken. They even referred to him by name. Also, Takeru's addressing of him was rude for Japanese. I've never seen these dubbed. I'm in Japan and I watch these in the theater here.
Quote:
Remember, while I know minor spoilers I have only seen through the second installment at this point.
Ah, sorry about that. I thought you'd seen up to the most recent installment which came out last fall. September, I think.
Quote:
I like the focus on the characters I grew attached to and connected to so I am fine with the four Adventure 02 kids not being involved. I am not opposed to others joining up, but rather see focus on Tai and Matt. So if we get to see them opposed to another version in yet another parallel universe I am fine with it. Is Tri great? No. I just appreciate the fact the product exist.
I'm frustrated with it since I HAVE seen past the second installment. I wouldn't have had a problem with the 02 group not being there if the Adventure set acknowledged them in some way or form to even imply memories being modified. If this is the case, they aren't doing a good job of conveying that.
Quote:
I think what made me uncomfortable is I have been close to cheerleaders. One I grew up with and loved and a pair about to graduate I saw grow up the last three years as their teacher and mentor. In either situation I get protective and don't want cheerleaders oogled at. It made me think of them and wanting to step in to end it.
Unfortunately, cheerleaders will always be ogled. -_-
Quote:
Leomon reminds me of Gwen Stacy in a way. The character whenever dusted off the fan starts the countdown clock to the character's untimely demise to drive the plot as pointless as it may be or cliche as it has become. It is more of a shock if she does not die. Spider-Man 3 gets a lot of flack, but I liked what was done with Gwen. She was paired with Eddie Brock, a character she never coexisted with to help him go down the path of Venom and to be a roadblock for Peter and Mary Jane once Harry's plot was finished. Her death was never likely to happen even if it went on with a fourth installment or more. Yet the moment Emma Stone was announced to play Gwen Stacey instead of Mary Jane Watson everyone and their pet knew Gwen Stacey was going to die one way or another. Why? Because that is what she does and its dramatic. Sorry, for getting slightly off topic there. Leomon is arguably the greatest ally of the DigiDestined or strongest basic Digimon if on a team. So to kill this powerhouse will effect everyone and with the Adventure kids it does not kill off the DigiDestined partners yet the next closest thing.
That's a good comparison. I guess wecould also refer to Leomon as the Kenny of the Digimon franchise...well, early Kenny. They stopped killing him off every episode of South Park years ago because they felt the gag was getting old.
Quote:
It would be more surprising if Leomon survives and I challenge creators to do that. Fine something for Leomon to do other than die a heroic/ expected death to drive up the stakes and the drama. Leomon as far as Adventure is concerned is never coming back because he was killed in the physical world opposed to the digital world even with this reboot,correct? Such a waste if so. I like the character.
Oh, yeah...you're right. He hasn't returned. Yup, guess it is an ongoing gag regarding him. He's meant to die, but seriously, I was expecting him to stick around this time. His death legit surprised me because he'd lasted so long.
Quote:
It will be a little while,but I need to watch season one and may even two all the way through in order again. Its been too long. It will help me see things I missed when I was a pre-teen.
I tried doing that before Tri started. Didn't finish, though. ^^;
Old 01-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #405
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Yeah, the labyrinth episode. Both had their partners swapped and Tentomon was trying to get Mimi to understand Koushirou while Palmon was trying to get Koushirou to understand Mimi. They're the only two out of the Adventure and Adventure 02 kids that's had that treatment.Only for the later parts of Adventure when Mimi didn't want to fight anymore and wanted to stay behind, so Jou volunteered to stay with her as he felt it was his responsibility to since Taichi and Sora were with the other younger (Koushirou, Hikari, Takeru) kids.Nope. Jou was 12 (6th grade/final year of elementary, hence his obsession with his testing and cram school since he wanted to go to a private junior high school, which he did in 02; you need to pass entrance exams for private junior high schools, public junior schools you don't have to test into them; all high schools you have to test into), Taichi, Sora, and Yamato were 11 (5th grade), Koushirou and Mimi were 10 (4th grade, same class, and was also the reason why Koushirou was the one to notice that Mimi was the one who was missing and gave her information to the others in the first episode...well, in the Japanese version he did, don't remember the dub), and you're right about Takeru and Hikari for Adventure being 8 (2nd grade). Something interesting, though is that for the Adventure novel, Yamato thought that Jou was in the same year as him, which is why he didn't use an honorific with Jou, which is pretty rude. He never did start using one with him. Same with Taichi never using an honorific with Jou, but his character is extremely casual. Also in the novel, Yamato and Taichi didn't care much for Jou at first. Mimi when first seeing Jou as their cabin leader, had no real faith in him because he looked nervous upon first meeting.To be fair, both characters were kind of changed for the dub. Izzy came across as antisocial and arrogant while Mimi was an airhead.Episode 10, I think it was.Yes and no. In Adventure, no. Bokura no Wargame, yes from Sora's side, but not Taichi's. In Adventure 02, yes, but from Taichi's side and not Sora's. She'd outgrown her crush on him.Yeah, 12 and under for Adventure's continuity, which was why Koushirou and Mimi were locked out. They're a year older than Miyako and just missed out by one year, as they were 13.Why wouldn't it have been even assumed? Ken was there. Stingmon jorgress evolves with XV-mon to evolve to Impreialdramon. Seems some of them would've thought that maybe Imperialdramon was infected or that something was seriously wrong to see the Kaiser and Imperialdramon.They all knew it was Ken. They even referred to him by name. Also, Takeru's addressing of him was rude for Japanese. I've never seen these dubbed. I'm in Japan and I watch these in the theater here.Ah, sorry about that. I thought you'd seen up to the most recent installment which came out last fall. September, I think.I'm frustrated with it since I HAVE seen past the second installment. I wouldn't have had a problem with the 02 group not being there if the Adventure set acknowledged them in some way or form to even imply memories being modified. If this is the case, they aren't doing a good job of conveying that.Unfortunately, cheerleaders will always be ogled. -_-That's a good comparison. I guess we could also refer to Leomon as the Kenny of the Digimon franchise...well, early Kenny. They stopped killing him off every episode of South Park years ago because they felt the gag was getting old.Oh, yeah...you're right. He hasn't returned. Yup, guess it is an ongoing gag regarding him. He's meant to die, but seriously, I was expecting him to stick around this time. His death legit surprised me because he'd lasted so long. I tried doing that before Tri started. Didn't finish, though. ^^;
I guess our culture today makes us think that someone is going to be paired up on a team and it turned out to be true here. I just got the wrong pairs. It seemed like a tease with Tai and Sora,but then Matt had the pair up when he lost Kari to Myotismon and then the Cave of Darkness thing they both suffered through. Those two moments likely had something going that they lost any tension in the English Dub. It seems like something was there, but their timing was off.

I am surprised T.K. and Kari did not get their fans. They however remained best friends of the opposite sex without any hints.

Rewatching the segment with the Digimon Emperor the group knows it is Ken and cannot understand why Ken fell back to the dark side. He did not respond to questioning of him, remaining mute. Palmon (appealing to Mimi's desire to show not all Digimon are evil) and Gomamon (having issues with Joe's lack of desire to be a DigiDestined) follow after the Digimon Emperor with Leomon claiming he will back them up. After the trio beat Imperialdramon the Digimon Emperor lets Meiccomon go falling into Leomon's arms as the group question why he is running. There was nothing more to it. There was no voice for "Ken" and once they questioned him they had to go into defensive mode and when able to resume questioning he dropped the Digimon and fled so nothing could be said. There seems to be a rewritten history with the four defeated, but it leaves it vague and goes into Leomon being the victim of the rescued.

Was it Imperialdramon (Davis's Veemon and Ken's Wormmon) that was on the attack? That entire segment left a lot of questions I wonder if ever would be answered.

I was correct about T.K. and Kari's age. They never say grade level or age until Tri in the English Dub. Mimi mentions upon revealing that she moved back to the area that she is in Meiko and Izzy's grade. Then that Tai, Matt, and Sora are the same grade in dialogue right after when the teacher/government agent is getting on Tai for procrastinating on turning in a major assignment.

Seems odd to have an age limit, how would that limit be set let alone be controlled, by Genai perhaps? 18 seems to be a more likely age,but whatever. It does not seem to apply now for Tri. Maybe since that rule does not apply that the rule of physical world death does not apply to Leomon...or am I in denial?

As far as releases are concerned I know that 5 out of 6 are released in Japan. 3 out of 6 have been dubbed and released on DVD in the U.S. I bought the 3 the week of each respective release, but don't get to them until later. I am attempting to slate Confession for Friday to watch. I do not see a release date for vol.4 Loss yet.

As a side note, I always wanted to see more with Devimon done. There is a tease of the Digimon Emperor sucking up the data of a MarineDevimon that causes Kimeramon to become uncontrollable,but that cannot really be considered an appearance even if it was the exact same character.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:08 PM   #406
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Also, in regards to voice actors-I can see a change in T.K. and Kari as their voices were liable to change as they aged while Matt and Joe sound jarring. The younger one's voices were fine. Joe does not have the whiny tone and tensity. While Matt being an important role it just sounds generic not the relaxed and cool sound.

Also, as I know only minor bits beyond movie 2 I know that Tai disappears in a blze of light at the end of 5. That is it, I don't know why or how and its virtually the only thing I know aside form the first DigiDestined team is revealed. I just saw the first trailer and we see Matt with Tai's goggles. Its awesome to see the #2 character get the chance to step up!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 01-28-2018 at 06:56 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:25 PM   #407
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I guess our culture today makes us think that someone is going to be paired up on a team and it turned out to be true here. I just got the wrong pairs. It seemed like a tease with Tai and Sora,but then Matt had the pair up when he lost Kari to Myotismon and then the Cave of Darkness thing they both suffered through. Those two moments likely had something going that they lost any tension in the English Dub. It seems like something was there, but their timing was off.
*shrugs* Never thought one way or the other about it, actually. The original didn't really hint much at the Taichi x Sora thing, but it's still a popular pair regardless because it falls into the childhood friends become a couple thing that's popular in media in general.
Quote:
I am surprised T.K. and Kari did not get their fans. They however remained best friends of the opposite sex without any hints.
They do have their fans. Tri is hinting at it anyway. I just always found the pair of them kind of boring after revisiting 02. It never felt like they did anything together that didn't involve their actual adventure nor did they seem to have casual conversations, etc. This is why I kinda preferred Daisuke x Hikari, even on a friendship level. It was more interesting to me, and it seemed like they could have a conversation outside of Digital World stuff because they were friends before he became chosen as opposed to Takeru and Hikari becoming friends because they were chosen.
Quote:
Rewatching the segment with the Digimon Emperor the group knows it is Ken and cannot understand why Ken fell back to the dark side. He did not respond to questioning of him, remaining mute. Palmon (appealing to Mimi's desire to show not all Digimon are evil) and Gomamon (having issues with Joe's lack of desire to be a DigiDestined) follow after the Digimon Emperor with Leomon claiming he will back them up. After the trio beat Imperialdramon the Digimon Emperor lets Meiccomon go falling into Leomon's arms as the group question why he is running. There was nothing more to it. There was no voice for "Ken" and once they questioned him they had to go into defensive mode and when able to resume questioning he dropped the Digimon and fled so nothing could be said. There seems to be a rewritten history with the four defeated, but it leaves it vague and goes into Leomon being the victim of the rescued.
Japanese version didn't give off that impression to me. Like I keep saying, I've never seen the dubs here. I just hated the fact that none of them hesitated when fighting against them, yet Mimi was hesitant on fighting Ogremon.
Quote:
Was it Imperialdramon (Davis's Veemon and Ken's Wormmon) that was on the attack? That entire segment left a lot of questions I wonder if ever would be answered.
Actually, we don't know BUT at the time, the others should've assumed something was wrong and they didn't, really, but are curious about Ken later...briefly.
Quote:
I was correct about T.K. and Kari's age. They never say grade level or age until Tri in the English Dub. Mimi mentions upon revealing that she moved back to the area that she is in Meiko and Izzy's grade. Then that Tai, Matt, and Sora are the same grade in dialogue right after when the teacher/government agent is getting on Tai for procrastinating on turning in a major assignment.
In the original, it was like a career test thing he was supposed to be turning in, which was why Taichi was kind of down because he really didn't know what he wanted to do with his life beyond high school.
Quote:
Seems odd to have an age limit, how would that limit be set let alone be controlled, by Genai perhaps? 18 seems to be a more likely age,but whatever. It does not seem to apply now for Tri. Maybe since that rule does not apply that the rule of physical world death does not apply to Leomon...or am I in denial?
It makes sense in the original. They're not called Digidestined in the original. They are the erabareshi kodomotachi. Chosen CHILDREN...12 and under. Makes sense. You're chosen as a child. Also, the show was aimed at elementary school-kids anyway, so also makes sense to have the characters their age. It's why long-running shows like Pokemon, still has 10-year-old Satoshi as its protagonist.

That aside, the threat is different now compared to 02's situation. There aren't any new evolutions to deal with and remember, only the D3s could unlock the already locked gates, not the originals that the older kids had. I was always under the impression that the Digital World viewed everything as data and the kids when in that world too. Probably scans them or something.
Quote:
As far as releases are concerned I know that 5 out of 6 are released in Japan. 3 out of 6 have been dubbed and released on DVD in the U.S. I bought the 3 the week of each respective release, but don't get to them until later. I am attempting to slate Confession for Friday to watch. I do not see a release date for vol.4 Loss yet.
Oh, didn't know this.
Quote:
As a side note, I always wanted to see more with Devimon done. There is a tease of the Digimon Emperor sucking up the data of a MarineDevimon that causes Kimeramon to become uncontrollable,but that cannot really be considered an appearance even if it was the exact same character.
Devimon was my favorite of the Adventure villains. I wouldn't mind more with him as well...and Demon.
Quote:
Also, as I know only minor bits beyond movie 2 I know that Tai disappears in a blze of light at the end of 5. That is it, I don't know why or how and its virtually the only thing I know aside form the first DigiDestined team is revealed. I just saw the first trailer and we see Matt with Tai's goggles. Its awesome to see the #2 character get the chance to step up!
That did happen...kinda weird how it happened, but like I said, it really does feel like Tri doesn't know where it's going or what it's TRI-ing to be.

Last edited by ssjup81; 01-30-2018 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Edit: Forgot something.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #408
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

New trailer for the fin installment is broken down. He notes something I missed, Devimon! Originally dismissed as a test now finally gets more story after his initial defeat.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #409
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I finally found a release for Digimon Adventure Tri vol. 4 Loss. April 24th. A little earlier than I would have though. It was not solicited about two weeks ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Adven...70_&dpSrc=srch

So after the sixth Tri release is that it for Tai and Matt? Its kind of sad. I don't care for the Digimon Multiverse, just Adventure and to see an end for my two favorite characters.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #410
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I finally found a release for Digimon Adventure Tri vol. 4 Loss. April 24th. A little earlier than I would have though. It was not solicited about two weeks ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Adven...70_&dpSrc=srch
That has been up for preorder since February 2nd. The day after it was screened in theaters. It was first up for preorder at Shout! Factory's site, where you can get it two weeks early if you preorder. So if you did, you'd get it as early as the first week of April.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...n=digiloss_ann
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #411
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
That has been up for preorder since February 2nd. The day after it was screened in theaters. It was first up for preorder at Shout! Factory's site, where you can get it two weeks early if you preorder. So if you did, you'd get it as early as the first week of April.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...n=digiloss_ann
I usually look on Amazon. About every ten days since Christmas. Glad we are hetting it. I hope things will get better for the season one team!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:02 AM   #412
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I usually look on Amazon. About every ten days since Christmas. Glad we are hetting it. I hope things will get better for the season one team!
I usually look there too, but I also follow Shout! Factory on Twitter. That's how I found out. The next two movies will be screened in the US too, and announcements for their home video releases will most likely follow right after. Mind you, the screenings feature the dubbed versions.

Coexistence will be screened on May 10th, and Future on September 20th.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...ri-coexistence

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...2000:00:00.000
Old 05-05-2018, 07:21 AM   #413
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denof...project-coming

More Tri? The four Adventure 02 get focus? A new set of Digi-Destined? Its hard to thibk it would be out of Adventure continuity wirh Agumon in the image. If Tai and Matt are involved I am in.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #414
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Wait, has the sixth installment come out yet?
Old 05-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #415
Allio
Foot Elite

Came out yesterday
Old 05-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #416
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Wait, has the sixth installment come out yet?
It came out today! The announcement was released along with the 6th installment launching on cruchyroll.

The United States had volume 4 released on April 24th. I will not get to Wal-Mart to pick it up until tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #417
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Oh, well. I completely forgot about it. I'm finally home in the US now. It's unfortunate, but I'll have to watch it online.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:58 PM   #418
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Coexistence was shown in theaters last night, and Shout! Factory announces a home video release today. It's scheduled for release August 7th. The special feature is an interview with Johnny Yong Bosch. You can even get this two weeks early by preordering from Shout! Factory's site.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=6796
Old 07-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #419
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/07/04...nt-on-july-29/

The next anime project will be announced on July 21st.

I meant to comment that I watched the 3rd installment of Tri over Memorial Day weekend. You all were right. It was just a bunch of dialogue about Digimon being infected creating a need for a reboot mindwiping the DigiDestined partners. It was no revelation either. Also, did they forget that Kari was possessed by The Presence before? They are in the Digital World now though.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #420
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Man, I hated the ending. I saw the final film shortly after it was released, but was unable to watch it in Japan this time since I moved back home on May 1. The entire thing was pointless and I hated how they resolved the stuff with the 02 group...

Spoiler:
At the end, everyone is meeting up months later or weeks, can't recall now, and they aren't even part of the reunion, but Mei is. That was terrible!

Maybe if they are doing another project, it'll focus around the 02 kids, since they were majorly shafted and I hated the fact that the ending was left kind of open so that we could have more because some things were left unanswered.

Tags
digimon