The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have kids?
Yes I have kids and am a parent 11 35.48%
No, I do not have kids but I'd like to have some and be a parent in the future 9 29.03%
No, I do not have kids and never want kids. No plans to ever be a parent 11 35.48%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not necessarily. I know a few cases where a Shadow Baby Momma comes out of the woodwork like a ninja when the kid is already like 12-15 and BAM, the guy gets slapped with all that back child support and everything.
Now I feel compelled to post the "You are NOT the father" gifs from the Maury show.

All these Baby Daddies overjoyed that this one particular woman they were with wasn't impregnated by them is hilarious, yet these same guys probably have 4-5 other kids with other women.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

That meme is old af, CC
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #23
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Kinda makes me sad though for the guys who are heartbroken when they find out they aren't.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
That meme is old af, CC
My sense of pop culture has never progressed since 2005.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #25
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My answer is- complicated. Yes, I have reproduced, though it was entirely unintentional. Like a few others here, I never really wanted any. Just wasn't something I felt compelled to do. Plus, I know from experience raising other people's kids for several years (three of my cousins all between 8-12) that parenting was not for me. So I opted for adopting out. Turned out a good friend who could not have any more offered to adopt her. So it all worked out. We are still a (distant) part of her life, but without the burdens parenting entails. She knows who we are and that is enough.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My sense of pop culture has never progressed since 2005.
Lol don't worry about it. I'm kinda like that, too. it's just that it's been ages sicne I've seen those gifs.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #27
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Kinda makes me sad though for the guys who are heartbroken when they find out they aren't.
Yeah that really sucks when a guy raised and loved a child thinking they was his only to find they weren't. ... sad for the child too.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Tbh I dunno why most people are still eager to have kids these days. It's hard enough to feed yourself these days. having someone else to feed seems even worse. Guess it all boils down to the survival instinct or not letting the species die. Also, I have a feeling guys only feel like fathers once the baby pops out off mommy's belly. Perhaps many men just have kids in the first place because their wives want a kid and the man is like "alright".
Old 01-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #29
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

None. If it happens one day, cool. If not, there are SO many kids in my family already.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:08 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I admit, growing up, I was always fascinated by the stories of new dads recounting how, when they looked into their newborn baby's eyes, "My life was changed forever! It was this amazing magical moment that struck me hard!" I was really looking forward to that.

Nope. There wasn't ever that moment. There was just a lot of placenta and poo and bloody goo and crying. But after that first hellish year they're truly a joy. Don't regret it a bit and look forward to more.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Btw, my brother is in his mid-30s and has no kids either. At this rate, me and him will be the last two member of our family. The clan is gonna die with both of us most likely. Which seems kinda cool tbh. Being the last member of your clan. Anyone else in this situation?
Old 01-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #32
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Now I feel compelled to post the "You are NOT the father" gifs from the Maury show.
Has anyone ever made one of these for Splinter?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:13 PM   #33
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Perhaps many men just have kids in the first place because their wives want a kid and the man is like "alright".
I dunno, I've known women who I think had a kid out of feeling it's some kind of obligation as a woman and maybe shouldn't have, though the husband is TOTAL dad material and the more loving parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Has anyone ever made one of these for Splinter?
But you're stuck with them anyway! (Granted I suppose he could have chosen not to care...)

You know, one toddler (that being my nephew) in this house is enough. I pity Splinter for having dealt with four.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:14 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I dunno, I've known women who I think had a kid out of feeling it's some kind of obligation as a woman and maybe shouldn't have, though the husband is TOTAL dad material and the more loving parent.
I dunno why more women aren't scared of having kids. Pregnancy and labour seem very rough.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Tbh, developed nations have lower and lower fertility rates these days. Unless things change and we start getting poor and African and Asian countries start getting richer than Western countries and Japan, Korea, etc. our ferility rates will just keep on being low. It's mostly immigrants having a lot of children in Europe. People in general have less kids nowadays and when they do they have them later as in after 30.

Lots of developed countries have fast ageing populations.

Here are some ranks. Dunno how credible they are:

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html
Old 01-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #36
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I didn’t give birth to him, but I have a kid that I’ve had since he was 14.

I went from single living alone to instafamily. Its awesome!

Might adopt someday, but I am not capable of having my own children anymore.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #37
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
If you're being serious, I'm sure whatever girl that is would contact you for child support. Since it never happened, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Quote:
How don't even know if you have them? Did you have one night stands with women you've never seen since then?
I had a few really bad years... Won't get into it here, but depression took hold and there were more than a couple nights of waking up in strange apartment with someone I recognize but don't even remember talking to. I feel like that's all out of my system now though; so now I'm just worried about one of those nights coming back to haunt me at some point.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #38
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm not gonna have kids since I have Sickle Cell. It would be irresponsible of me to pass those genes.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I had a few really bad years... Won't get into it here, but depression took hold and there were more than a couple nights of waking up in strange apartment with someone I recognize but don't even remember talking to. I feel like that's all out of my system now though; so now I'm just worried about one of those nights coming back to haunt me at some point.
So it's like one of those movies or TV shows where the main character wakes up in a strange bed, looks around in a daze and says, "Where am I? How did I get here? What did I do last night? Aw, crap."

And then the person removes the sheets and finds themselves naked, sees some girl walk by, and then grabs his jeans and runs out of there. I think I've seen this movie 50 times over.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:23 PM   #40
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Tags
a day inside may, andrew likes tags, cubed monkeys around, plastron comes back, plastron goes quiet