The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 07:55 AM   #201
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenutrient View Post
So the q&a has passed. I managed to contact the moderator to ask if anything was said about a score release. He said it is in the works!
Whoa! Nice! Any other details or is it just basically a work in progress at the moment?
Old 01-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #202
thenutrient
Mouser

To quote him on my question if an official score was possible: It is in the works but the release is TBA (which I guess stands for "to be announced")

I was hoping the event had something to do with an actual release announcement, but this news is very good still. People are working on getting it done. That's pretty amazing since this movie is almost 30 years old.

Imagine Marty Mcfly telling Doc in 1985 he saw a movie when he was stuck in 1955 and Doc responding: "yeah, they just released the score of that film now".
thenutrient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #203
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

That's quite exciting! Thanks for sharing that tease. And it is indeed amazing that we're getting it after all these years; we right now are living in the golden age of film score releases. I think things will have wound down a decade from now, so it's nice Du Prez et al. are taking advantage of the wave.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #204
pferreira
Foot Elite

Lovely. I hope it's all three together.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #205
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Lovely. I hope it's all three together.
That'd be amazing! A nice hardcover slipcase, like like LLL's X-Files,FSM's Superman collection or the Indiana Jones soundtrack set. Green perhaps with a sewer lid or a shell imprinted on it.

The great thing about these releases are we usually get alternate/unused cues and with the liner notes, I hope they go all out since John Du Prez's contributions to these films haven't gotten enough attention in my opinion.

Speaking of which, during the Q&A, did he talk about the genesis and creation of the score?
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:40 AM   #206
AtzenButze
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
That'd be amazing! A nice hardcover slipcase, like like LLL's X-Files,FSM's Superman collection or the Indiana Jones soundtrack set. Green perhaps with a sewer lid or a shell imprinted on it.

The great thing about these releases are we usually get alternate/unused cues and with the liner notes, I hope they go all out since John Du Prez's contributions to these films haven't gotten enough attention in my opinion.

Speaking of which, during the Q&A, did he talk about the genesis and creation of the score?
Ah perfect! So you know it already ^ ^ Yesterday I asked again on Instagram and I was told that a vinyl with the complete score is in progress ^^ Whether it is only part 1 or 1-3 I do not know unfortunately. Still, I can not wait!
AtzenButze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:40 AM   #207
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Woo! I certainly hope it's MONDO working on the distribution and creation so we can get some really awesome variants and packaging designs.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:52 AM   #208
at478
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtzenButze View Post
Ah perfect! So you know it already ^ ^ Yesterday I asked again on Instagram and I was told that a vinyl with the complete score is in progress ^^ Whether it is only part 1 or 1-3 I do not know unfortunately. Still, I can not wait!
who uses vinyl anymore lol. i cant wait for the score. hope its all 3 movies.
at478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #209
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by at478 View Post
who uses vinyl anymore lol.
many, many people.

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 01-31-2018 at 10:49 AM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:05 AM   #210
at478
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
many, many people.
i dont have a vinyl player
at478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 AM   #211
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by at478 View Post
who uses vinyl anymore lol.
Millions of hipsters.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:47 AM   #212
Vegita-San
Emperor

I am far from hip on anything.

I just miss the feel of actually handling media. it's all digital now. tired of always using a mouse. I think my hand is permanently in shape of one now

plus, like it or not, records just sound fuller than cds. Even 8 tracks sound great with the right speakers.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:52 PM   #213
TheSkeletonMan939

Vinyl sounds "warmer" allegedly than CDs, but of course CD files can be mastered to sound "warm". And the speakers you use have an effect on that as well.
I seriously can't think of any upsides vinyl has over CD. They're big, they self-destruct after a number of plays, they only hold a relatively small number of tracks per side. Nevertheless, amazingly vinyl sales have been pretty good recently. I think it's largely, as Andrew said, hipsters who take it seriously and not more than a novelty.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:10 PM   #214
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Vinyl sounds "warmer" allegedly than CDs, but of course CD files can be mastered to sound "warm". And the speakers you use have an effect on that as well.
I seriously can't think of any upsides vinyl has over CD. They're big, they self-destruct after a number of plays, they only hold a relatively small number of tracks per side. Nevertheless, amazingly vinyl sales have been pretty good recently. I think it's largely, as Andrew said, hipsters who take it seriously and not more than a novelty.
I personally rather have the CD. Vinyl's cool and all, but it would just sit there on my shelf and look cool. That doesn't appeal to me.

LLL is the right label for this and they've hinted at it in the past.

Quote:
I just miss the feel of actually handling media. it's all digital now. tired of always using a mouse. I think my hand is permanently in shape of one now
The majority of the limited edition/expanded soundtrack market are physical media and they usually aren't available to purchase on the digital market, though I have noticed a few here and there (like Varese's expanded Gremlins 2 release).

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 01-31-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:45 PM   #215
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

It's no different than the print vs digital argument on comics. It's a fun analog medium that sounds great and has a large 12x12 canvas for cool art/design. Some people prefer it, others don't. Listening to vinyl isn't limited to hipsters just as enjoying TMNT isn't limited to drooling basement dwellers.

SUPER JAZZED that the score is rumored for a vinyl release. There will more than likely be a digital FLAC version download included with the vinyl.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #216
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Yeah linear notes are always the best. I do hope we get a CD release. I'm not into vinyl records.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #217
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Anyone heard any new traction on this? I was almost wondering if Record Store Day might've thrown some news about a vinyl release of the soundtrack, but no dice.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:58 AM   #218
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Bumping once again I suppose ...

I was listening to a rip of the 1990 score online and good god is there some good stuff on there. Shredder's theme has to be one of my favorite villain themes of all time.

Hoping we see some movement with a full score release soon!
Old 05-05-2018, 04:35 PM   #219
TheSkeletonMan939

Just fyi... a bootleg for the first movie's score has appeared.

Last edited by TheSkeletonMan939; 05-06-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #220
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Just fyi... a bootleg for the first movie's score has appeared if you know where to look.
Nice! I just went to the place I think you are referring to. Man, either they've been injected with adware or they've gone spam crazy.

I'm curious, does it contain any alternates or unused tracks?