The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #201
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
NEW LEGO MOC turtles Lair WIP

These Are the Main Room. I call it the "living room"

These Are Of the Dojo Portion of their Lair. I understand the trees are different from the show working on it hopefully but if i dont i still think it looks good

And im still working on the kitchen/ Donnie's lab and of course their bed rooms(which i have to make from scratch seeing as you dont see them in the show

Hope you all enjoy Any tips hint and helpful words of advise are welcome
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #202
weizie
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
This is definitely on a store by store basis. I tried to get them to match the Lego Store Online Pricing and met with the same hold ups as usual from trying to pricematch with only internet information. I know that some will do it, but the two in my area, both said "we don't match internet pricing because they don't have overhead." Also from a friend that manages a nearby TRU, I was told that they are being more selective about what they price match now that Christmas is over
So tell them you know that by ”sop” they price match amazon. If they say no, tell them thats fine, I'll just call corporate and see what they say....see when an employee changes a price, options pop up as to why, they select ”price match” then another set of options pop up with a list of stores, target, walmart, k-mart etc. On that same list is amazon.....why is amazon there if they don't match it? I work for toys r us, if it's being said no, that's a,manager saying no, but once you say you'll call corporate and see what the rules really are. I guarantee it will be pricematched. Just don't get all hot headed. Stay calm and cool.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #203
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

It was announced today that Target now PRICE MATCHES other stores all year round (not just around Christmas.)

Keep this in mind if you are shopping for LEGOs! You can find the cheapest price and then go into Target and get it there. Amazon has LEGO sales very often so this could be a great tactic. Walk into Target, look for an item you want, then check amazon.com or other sites to see if it's on sale

Last edited by Zulithe; 01-08-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #204
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
It was announced today that Target now PRICE MATCHES other stores all year round (not just around Christmas.)

Keep this in mind if you are shopping for LEGOs! You can find the cheapest price and then go into Target and get it there. Amazon has LEGO sales very often so this could be a great tactic. Walk into Target, look for an item you want, then check amazon.com or other sites to see if it's on sale
I under stand it just weeks since Christmas but there stock is seriously low and so far absolutely not tmnt merchandise idk if that's due to popularity or target just not stocking them but I haven't even seen empty pegs must nothing idk hopefully they will get the figures and legos
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #205
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I under stand it just weeks since Christmas but there stock is seriously low and so far absolutely not tmnt merchandise idk if that's due to popularity or target just not stocking them but I haven't even seen empty pegs must nothing idk hopefully they will get the figures and legos
Well the one near me definitely has been getting new TMNT stock. They should be adding it any day now. You can always ask an employee about it too. They could have boxes in the back and sometimes it is not hard to get them to bring one or two out for you to look through.

Pro tip: ask the younger employees first.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #206
Darkravager
Foot Soldier

I finally saw the lair set and the shellraiser set at Walmart last night. They are nice sets, but I have a really hard time justifying spending $50 on a lego set. I'll keep an eye out for smaller sets and eventually try to get a full set of the 4 turtles that way.
Darkravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #207
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkravager View Post
I finally saw the lair set and the shellraiser set at Walmart last night. They are nice sets, but I have a really hard time justifying spending $50 on a lego set. I'll keep an eye out for smaller sets and eventually try to get a full set of the 4 turtles that way.
I spent about 1000 on LEGO in 2012 and so far in 2013 I've already spent about 220 or 250. It racks up VERY FAST but LEGO is a great product. They will last a lifetime. Also the resale/trade value on LEGO, especially minifigures, is really high. They are a sound investment for anyone interested in them
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #208
KRON
Random Punk

It seems like Donnie's Lab has be removed from the Lego site. Any thoughts as to why? Do they only advertise these for limited amounts of time... Say 2 weeks?
KRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #209
MattLawrence
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkravager View Post
best way i justify spending money on lego is to put each "brick" at a price of $.10 cents then look at how many mini-figures come with the set.

so the turtle lair has 488 pieces and 5 mini-figs. At $.10 cents a piece, comes to $48.80.

I find the turtle sets priced very well and the play/collector value strong
MattLawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #210
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier

Anyone see the $100 Lego Dogpound on eBay? oO
Old 01-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #211
Ninjinister
無問題

Christ. It's not too much better that almost all of the figures period are going for $12-20. Why would I pay up to twice as much for something smaller than my thumb than I would for a full-sized action figure?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #212
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRON View Post
It seems like Donnie's Lab has be removed from the Lego site. Any thoughts as to why? Do they only advertise these for limited amounts of time... Say 2 weeks?
Which one is that, the Kraang Lab Escape set?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #213
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRON View Post
I'm not familiar with a Donnie's Lab set. I checked all of my links in the OP and they are all working.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #214
juxtapose519
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I'm not familiar with a Donnie's Lab set. I checked all of my links in the OP and they are all working.
It's not a set, he's talking about this website:

http://turtles.lego.com/en-us/?icmp=COUSFR14TMNT

There are separate pages called "funzone", "shredder's hideout" and "kraang's lab". There used to be a 4th one called "donnie's lab".

There's still a link to it if you click on the orange tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
Christ. It's not too much better that almost all of the figures period are going for $12-20. Why would I pay up to twice as much for something smaller than my thumb than I would for a full-sized action figure?
Supply and demand, man. I've known some SERIOUS Lego collectors. Thems peoples is crazy.

Collection | Trade
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #215
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

I recently got a lot of extra legos.

As a result I have extras for trade or sale:

79100 (Krang Set)
No Mikey or Foot

No Shredder, Foot, or Donnie (Only Shredder's Bike and Don's Bike)

No Foot and No raph (I do have Fishface and his water vehicle + Raphs Vehicle)

I may also be willing to trade or sell the Lair
No Foot, No Leo, No Raph (I do have the whole lair, the masked ninja, and splinter)
Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #216
KRON
Random Punk

Thanks for the reply Juxtapose519. I clicked on your link and then onto the orange tunnel but still got the "Page not found error" I went ahead and emailed Lego to see if they can look into.
KRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #217
pl212
Stone Warrior

Does anyone have the alternative building PDF? Seems like link posted on the page before isn't working.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #218
Turtle Freak88
Foot Soldier

Finally found the Lair set! Been looking all over town and checking every store for this one!
Turtle Freak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #219
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl212 View Post
Does anyone have the alternative building PDF? Seems like link posted on the page before isn't working.
Argh, I wish that I did. LEGO will put the page back up, I'm sure of it. Has to be a mistake.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #220
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant

Found the Lair at Target yesterday and just built it.

Honestly, it's a little underwhelming, but I guess after having built the LEGO Monster Fighters Vampire Castle and how epic that was it's not surprising.

I now have all the LEGO TMNT sets though unless LEGO plans any further ones in the future.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote