The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #981
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
if it aint broke, don't fix it
Its very inappropriate for TMNT. If it's true then we won't be getting anything beyond the black and white comics when you think about it.
Things keep changing and adapting to make things interesting. Some works. Some doesn't.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:29 AM   #982
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
As for the toys between the two lines... matter of opinion and figure in question. 'Rise' itself has not translated too well into toy form.
Since when has any TMNT toy line translated the TV designs through to the first wave and done it well? None that I can think of, the closest was probably the 2003 figures. 87 - nope, 2012 - nope, 2018 - nope. 2003 - OK-ish?

It's almost like a rite of passage, the figures get designed around concept art that then gets changed further for the actual show/series.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #983
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

That's a good point. Personally, I thought the Fast Forward figures were the best in terms of "getting it right" the first time. Though, others might consider Fast Forward and it's subsequent toy line to be part of that 2k3 line, and therefore wouldn't count as a "first wave" of sorts.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #984
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

Honestly the Rise figures aren't that far off the mark design wise. And they're very well made and quite articulated. It's just, you know, the designs absolutely blow. They've come pretty close on the look, but the TMNT look so goofy and gangly.

I do enjoy some of the other figures though. Shame we didn't these articulated figures in the 2K12 line. They would have sold better.

It's going to take a little time to wash the stink of Rise off of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a revived classic TMNT toon at this point.

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #985
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick View Post
It's going to take a little time to wash the stink of Rise off of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a revived classic TMNT toon at this point.
I've thought this very thing. I'd love to see something like that happen.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:51 PM   #986
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Since when has any TMNT toy line translated the TV designs through to the first wave and done it well? None that I can think of, the closest was probably the 2003 figures. 87 - nope, 2012 - nope, 2018 - nope. 2003 - OK-ish?

It's almost like a rite of passage, the figures get designed around concept art that then gets changed further for the actual show/series.
Though 'Rise' hit a new low with releasing a basic Leo that looks like he's on something... What other line has put as little effort in. (The battle shell sculpt is at least an improvement.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:41 AM   #987
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

"Toy Loft" (presumably Playmates Toys semi-official Amazon storefront, though they don't advertise it for some reason) has restocked SDCC Rise Shredder again. for 29.96

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VCH3RR2/

They must have had a lot of these in the warehouse. Anyway, grab one if you'd like to have one before they are gone.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #988
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I will be really sad if Playmates does not release those toddler figures
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 08:35 AM   #989
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

How's this for a bump?

Can anyone by chance tell me the exact height of the Rise sewer lair WITHOUT the cardboard backdrop attached? I'm trying to figure out if it would fit anywhere in my "museum" and I don't want to open it and put it together to find out...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys