The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #181
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, same here. I mean, I do have bones that crack more than they did when I was 20, and I do find myself having lapses in memory at times, but other than that, I'm good.
I started having lapses in memory when I was about 16 or 17. No idea why.

Last edited by ssjup81; 09-29-2014 at 06:52 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #182
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Really? Wow. I know my dad jokes around that he has acute CRS or Can't Remember Sh*t. His memory seems to be getting worse though, and I've noticed that a lot.

And I agree with Katie about the work thing. When I worked in the writing center in college, all of my co-workers knew I liked TMNT, wrestling, The Simpsons, and so many other shows, and they didn't care. They thought it was awesome. That's the good thing about getting older. People don't care what you like and accept you for who you are regardless of that. Anyone who doesn't isn't worth bothering with, but don't change who you are just because of some preconceived notion about getting older. It's all nonsense to me.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #183
CyberCubed
Overlord

You know none of the older people in my family play videogames. I think I'm the oldest person in my family (and I'm including uncles and cousins in this) that still plays videogames and watches cartoons.

Everyone else in my family grew out of cartoons/videogames in their early teen years and never went back.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:32 PM   #184
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Really? Wow. I know my dad jokes around that he has acute CRS or Can't Remember Sh*t..
I've got the reverse version of the syndrome above; it's called Doesn't Want to Remember Sh*t. *at least for those certain past events.*

But I feel for your dad there Bubble; my dad occasionally deals with that too.
He says that's what happens when you're a old fart *and my dad is an old fart.*
That and he tends to try to get 10,000 things done before the end of the day and maybe accomplishes three of them.

But for my dad being an old fart, he still is very much a big kid at heart and that is why I'm looking forward towards Halloween and the holidays because we're gonna decorate the house and yard yet again.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #185
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You know none of the older people in my family play videogames. I think I'm the oldest person in my family (and I'm including uncles and cousins in this) that still plays videogames and watches cartoons.

Everyone else in my family grew out of cartoons/videogames in their early teen years and never went back.
Who cares and why should you?

Last edited by ssjup81; 09-30-2014 at 06:11 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #186
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I started having lapses in memory when I was about 16 or 17. No idea why.
For me that started at around 12. I've had a terrible memory for so long now.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #187
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:

Well, that's them. You're your own person, and that doesn't mean you have to stop being who you are. As long as you play video games in moderation and don't do it all day, why should it be a problem? I still watch cartoons and I'm 31. Hell, my dad's 67 and he still laughs at Looney Tunes whenever they're on and The Three Stooges (I know they aren't a cartoon, but still it's something he never stopped liking as he got older). My point is that you're only as old as you want to be, and that doesn't mean you should change things about yourself just because others have done it. You really need to gain perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
I've got the reverse version of the syndrome above; it's called Doesn't Want to Remember Sh*t. *at least for those certain past events.*

But I feel for your dad there Bubble; my dad occasionally deals with that too.
He says that's what happens when you're a old fart *and my dad is an old fart.*
That and he tends to try to get 10,000 things done before the end of the day and maybe accomplishes three of them.

But for my dad being an old fart, he still is very much a big kid at heart and that is why I'm looking forward towards Halloween and the holidays because we're gonna decorate the house and yard yet again.
Yeah, he's been getting worse about things sometimes. I attribute it to the alcohol, too, as that has a tendency to mess with the mind and rot the brain cells, so I think that's part of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
For me that started at around 12. I've had a terrible memory for so long now.
Wow. Well, I guess it can happen at any age then. I know my sister has had memory problems ever since getting diagnosed with epilepsy at fifteen. It's become worse over the years, too.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:23 AM   #188
CyberCubed
Overlord

Where does the time go?
Old 08-07-2016, 12:20 PM   #189
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Where does the time go?
...this thread is already slightly over 2 years old?

And man, this thread makes me miss Penny, Davetello and Leo. This place hasn't been the same without them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 12:23 PM   #190
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
...this thread is already slightly over 2 years old?

And man, this thread makes me miss Penny, Davetello and Leo. This place hasn't been the same without them.
I posted this in 2014 when I was 28. WTF.

Where does the time go indeed? Goddamn, they weren't kidding when they said your 20's just fly by.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:40 PM   #191
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I posted this in 2014 when I was 28. WTF.

Where does the time go indeed? Goddamn, they weren't kidding when they said your 20's just fly by.
I'm turning 26 in November and 2010-2011 feel kinda ancient by now. But any year post 2013? No, not really.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #192
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well everyone here is 2 years older and as we reach our 30s those in their 30s giving us advice are reaching their 40s. Most of the advice here seems more like personal ways of coping with it by saying "things aren't different", but they are.

I can also see it around me, the people I considered "young" whether in real life or celebrities now visibly look like old people. People refer to the 90s as something ancient. I even had a teenager tell me I was not a millenial because I was born before the 2000's. Most of my High School friends are married and have children but that's been true for many years, there isn't much to do in rural America after all I'm starting to not understand what teenagers like, I see Snapchat as something stupid and Facebook is seen as something ancient, which makes sense I switched AIM for MySpace without a question, I don't even like FB but I can't "get" some of the new technologies if my friends don't use them and the content posted in those services are not interesting to me.

I hope I can never stop relating to young generations, I don't want to be the equivalent of the racist great uncle at Thanksgiving dinners in 30 years. I don't think it's that hard but it does become harder, I can already see my older sister talk about how "things were better" in the past like all adults did when I was a kid.

Some of my fears I had which I posted on this thread are not as big anymore but others still are, my main one is to be more financially stable.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #193
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well everyone here is 2 years older and as we reach our 30s those in their 30s giving us advice are reaching their 40s. Most of the advice here seems more like personal ways of coping with it by saying "things aren't different", but they are.

I can also see it around me, the people I considered "young" whether in real life or celebrities now visibly look like old people. People refer to the 90s as something ancient. I even had a teenager tell me I was not a millenial because I was born before the 2000's. Most of my High School friends are married and have children but that's been true for many years, there isn't much to do in rural America after all I'm starting to not understand what teenagers like, I see Snapchat as something stupid and Facebook is seen as something ancient, which makes sense I switched AIM for MySpace without a question, I don't even like FB but I can't "get" some of the new technologies if my friends don't use them and the content posted in those services are not interesting to me.

I hope I can never stop relating to young generations, I don't want to be the equivalent of the racist great uncle at Thanksgiving dinners in 30 years. I don't think it's that hard but it does become harder, I can already see my older sister talk about how "things were better" in the past like all adults did when I was a kid.

Some of my fears I had which I posted on this thread are not as big anymore but others still are, my main one is to be more financially stable.
Not being able to relate to younger folk? Eh, there's a lot of things I don't like/care about my generation, just like i'm a fan of things that came out or were popular before I was even born, like per example lots of 80s heavy metal.

Millennial is such a strange definition. At first I thought it referred to people born in the late 90s and after, but turns out you're a millennial if you're born 1981? Come on now, a person born in 1981 is not of the same generation as one born in 2001. These labels feel so pointless.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #194
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Newsflash:

CyberCubed continues to age. In other words, nobody has killed him yet. Good news, I guess?
Old 08-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #195
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Two years later and he is still fretting over getting older. Some tbings NEVER change. And here I'm only four months away from 40. Now THERE is something to worry about.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #196
ToTheNines
[sic]

You ****in bore me, cubed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Newsflash:

CyberCubed continues to age. In other words, nobody has killed him yet. Good news, I guess?
Lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #197
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I can also see it around me, the people I considered "young" whether in real life or celebrities now visibly look like old people. P
All the actors/music people from the 90's and early 2000's are all so old now. Its really surprising to think about because when we were kids/teens they were already in their 20's, so obviously now they're in their late 30's or 40's. Remember how big Buffy the Vampire Slayer was? Now Sarah Michelle Gellar is nearly 40. Look how old Britney Spears and Christina Augilera are now.

All the shows we watched in the 90's and early 2000's like original TMNT, 2k3 TMNT, Batman: TAS, Superman, Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, Justice League, X-men, the original Pokemon anime, when Dragonball Z was dubbed, etc....its all so old now.

Can you believe the PS2, Gamecube and Xbox generation is now 16 years old? Can you believe the PS2 is now a "retro" game console? Holy crap.

God the early 2000's were the best time to be a teenager. What a time to be alive.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #198
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
All the actors/music people from the 90's and early 2000's are all so old now. Its really surprising to think about because when we were kids/teens they were already in their 20's, so obviously now they're in their late 30's or 40's. Remember how big Buffy the Vampire Slayer was? Now Sarah Michelle Gellar is nearly 40. Look how old Britney Spears and Christina Augilera are now.

All the shows we watched in the 90's and early 2000's like original TMNT, 2k3 TMNT, Batman: TAS, Superman, Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, Justice League, X-men, the original Pokemon anime, when Dragonball Z was dubbed, etc....its all so old now.

Can you believe the PS2, Gamecube and Xbox generation is now 16 years old? Can you believe the PS2 is now a "retro" game console? Holy crap.

God the early 2000's were the best time to be a teenager. What a time to be alive.
Yeah, you got me at the video game thing.How is SSB Melee so old now?
Old 08-07-2016, 02:59 PM   #199
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I must be one of the few fellas who is looking forward to being and old geezer. I work with a few elderly gents at Wal-Mart and they're top notch dudes! I'd take them over any of the b*tchy little millennials we put up with in the back.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #200
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

You're a millenial.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30