The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #61
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

The internet (and by the internet, I mean me) has a short memory.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #62
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't understand why so many famous people are interested in underage boys.
David Icke (the Lizard-People guy) has written extensively on this, for what it's worth.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #63
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

So looks like 4 people in all have now come forward saying they had under age relations with Kevin Clash... Oi ve!

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...peteer-resigns

I find it interesting that the latest victim (a 24 yr old) has stated that he
Quote:
"..did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash’s sexual acts and conduct until 2012."
Well gee.. that's mighty convenient...
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #64
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Quote:
"..did not become aware that he had suffered adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash’s sexual acts and conduct until 2012."
If that's the one I read earlier, I love how the next part of that statement is "and he's seeking "$5 (or something like that) million in damages."

You never want to vilify the victims, but that all together comes of as shady.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #65
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if this stuff is a ploy to get money. Then again, it just goes to show that past actions can come back to haunt you.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #66
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
So looks like 4 people in all have now come forward saying they had under age relations with Kevin Clash... Oi ve!

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...peteer-resigns

anyone else think this seems all to familiar? like what happened to Michael Jackson?

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #67
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

As a fan of Kevin Clash this really saddens me. Ever sine he did Splinter I have been following his work. How terriable.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #68
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

Really sad that it came to this, he seemed like a nice guy based on the Dinosuars and TMNT extras I'd seen with him, but I guess you never know.

I'm still a little leery of this though. I know it happens a lot, but...really? You wait until all this time later to suddenly realize you're traumatized? It all seems a little too convenient to me, like it's just a cash grab, or an attempt to make it all the more known that he's gay, because they know there are people that are going to hate him for that no matter who he did or did not sleep with.

Not to mention that people are going to complain about Elmo period, as if the character itself is now gay and 'after their children'. Because we all know people totally have to be exactly themselves in a role...Neil Patrick Harris. That is all.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #69
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
Really sad that it came to this, he seemed like a nice guy based on the Dinosuars and TMNT extras I'd seen with him, but I guess you never know.

I'm still a little leery of this though. I know it happens a lot, but...really? You wait until all this time later to suddenly realize you're traumatized? It all seems a little too convenient to me, like it's just a cash grab, or an attempt to make it all the more known that he's gay, because they know there are people that are going to hate him for that no matter who he did or did not sleep with.
The problem is, when you mentor kids, you imprint yourself on them as a positive adult figure, and (those of us who remember this period in our lives can attest to this) the transition from adolescence to adulthood is confusing, which can lead to confusing feelings - especially towards mentors who have shown you more attention (and maybe even affection) than anybody in your own age group. What Kevin Clash is being accused of sounds a lot like "grooming."

I agree that it looks like a cash grab - but that doesn't make them *not* victims. Just greedy victims. But them wanting money does not undo what Kevin Clash (allegedly, I guess) did, or make it any less unfortunate.

Again - yes, it's legal for a 40 year old to have sex with an 18 year old. But Kevin Clash was in a position where he should have known better than to be having sex with 18 year olds. I have a friend who is my age (33) who regularly sleeps with girls not yet old enough to drink. It's legal but his reputation in the small town he lives in is terrible. And some people may not care about their reputation - but that's the difference between working in a grocery store (like my friend) or Executive Producing the single biggest children's show ever.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #70
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
He might get fired even if he's innocent. I am sure Sesame Street doesn't want this kind of bad publicity.

Look at the way they removed the Katy Perry Elmo skit based on one scene of bouncing breasts.
That worries me. When you are famous and rich, any guy or woman can accuse you of sexual molestation and get you fired. I find it AWFULLY funny these guys didn't accuse him until he was famous, well known, and rich.

Word of advise, if you are a famous guy who is loved by millions of kids, avoid being alone with them. Their greedy dads can lie on you and sue you.

Last edited by TurtleFan2012; 11-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #71
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleFan2012 View Post
That worries me. When you are famous and rich, any guy or woman can accuse you of sexual molestation and get you fired. I find it AWFULLY funny these guys didn't accuse him until he was famous, well known, and rich.
Um...the alleged abuses were perpetuated when he was somewhat famous, well known, and rich.

Clash has been a Muppeteer for as long as I've been alive. He may have been a little more anonymous before Being Elmo, but he was still Elmo, and that dude brings in the bank.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #72
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Um...the alleged abuses were perpetuated when he was somewhat famous, well known, and rich.

Clash has been a Muppeteer for as long as I've been alive. He may have been a little more anonymous before Being Elmo, but he was still Elmo, and that dude brings in the bank.
I feel sorry for the big guy. I could care less about his sexual orientation. I'm more upset he left because of the "victims". Makes me want to hate them.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #73
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Hate the victims? WTF.

If you need to hate anyone hate the guy who ruined his career and possibly his life over stupid decisions.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #74
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleFan2012 View Post

Word of advise, if you are a famous guy who is loved by millions of kids, avoid being alone with them. Their greedy dads can lie on you and sue you.
I think a better word of warning is to not have sex with little boys.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #75
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Isn't the old adage, "Never be caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy"?

Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #76
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Isn't the old adage, "Never be caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy"?
That's a very old adage, never heard of til now

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #77
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, why hate on the victims? Clash is the one who made the choice to do it. He could have been responsible and said no, but he didn't. So, it's his fault.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #78
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I personally don't think that he did anything with the accussor(s) before the age of consent. Although I don't know Clash well enough(or at all, no one on the drome does) to judge. I just hope everyone involved settles this without anyone being emotionally scarred.
He did resign as Elmo though so there's that.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #79
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I never understood how people could think being in a relationship with a young 18-22 year old when they're old enough to be their parents would be a good idea.

Its bad enough when they go on dates and one person looks like the parent rather than the lover.
Possibly a mix of mid-life crisis and acting on biological attraction without thinking of societal norms. Also, probably not the most mentally mature people either, because what the heck could they have in common?
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #80
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Hate the victims? WTF.

If you need to hate anyone hate the guy who ruined his career and possibly his life over stupid decisions.
OR....the guy was innocent and the "victims" are money grubbers. Notice I said "victims" instead of victims in my last comment. I bet if Clash was a normal guy, they wouldn't said anything. It's that money.

Edit - I am against molestation, rape, or and sex crimes, but I find this whole accusation bullcrap.

Last edited by TurtleFan2012; 11-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Tags
gay