The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 09-18-2004, 05:34 PM   #21
MasterMole
Foot Soldier

I think Daimyo looks good. His hair is surprisingly neat, rather than just a hunk of excess plastic off his head. It's great he comes with three masks.
Regarding Ultimate Ninja, where's his main mask shown in the show? Maybe Playmates didn't have it ready to show. I hope he comes with it when it's released. I am overall happy with these figures and I am very happy to finally see a large vehicle, I think it's a villain vehicle. I hope it's just the beginning for lots of more cool vehicles to come.
TMNT are Cool. I anticipate buying the next toy(I hope) and watching the next episode. Will a company please give the Proper DVD release to the current and classic Turtles cartoons? Playmates Toys: Shape Up, OR feast on my large,lumpy,hairy MOLE, then Back Off!
MasterMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 06:32 PM   #22
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

Maybe it's just the picture but Traximus looks kind of short there.

Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:14 PM   #23
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Awesome, it looks like the chrome armor is removable since Traximus' helmet is and the new Ninja Knights Turtles(Super-Articulated and NO Hinged Hands! YAY) Turtles seem to have armor that clips on. If that's the case, Playmates seems to be taking notice that both kids and adult collectors buy them. Do "Ripped-Up" Mike and leo have ball-jointed elbows?
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:52 PM   #24
Triceraton
Foot Soldier

In case this link was missed, Ripped Up Turtles, Ninja Knight Turtles, and the Hover Cycle: http://www.americandreamcomics.com/i...mp;itemid=4430

I think those Ripped Up Turtles are the worst excuses for variants yet. Just new hands, new accessories, and new belts. Otherwise they're identical to the first ones in this line.
Triceraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:57 PM   #25
Splinter
Radical Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceraton
In case this link was missed, Ripped Up Turtles, Ninja Knight Turtles, and the Hover Cycle: http://www.americandreamcomics.com/i...mp;itemid=4430

I think those Ripped Up Turtles are the worst excuses for variants yet. Just new hands, new accessories, and new belts. Otherwise they're identical to the first ones in this line.
Yep, posted in a new news story. Please continue any discussion of the Ripped-Up or Ninja Knight Turtles, or even the Hover Cycle in the new News thread:

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums...=352381#352381

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:35 AM   #26
Shark
Stone Warrior

Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent
Drako I don't know about this one yet.....it looks like the guys head splits open or something....it could just be the proto though....his color seems a bit off to me as well...It's been awhile but was he really that color...I thought he was green for some reason lol...
I'm pretty sure he was marune(sp?)

Quote:
Traximus now see this one is wierd to me...it doesnt even look like a turtle figure to me...it looks like a triceraton but it looks like it belongs in that fisher price marvel heros kids line....he looks really short the coloring on this one is perfect...but he just seems a bit short and the paint they used seems differnt or something i don't the sculpt looks realy round or something...I like him though the more triceratons the better I always say...I still think we deserve a ZOG toy though.
I'm NOT likeing his legs. Looks like he stepped on a midget that replaced his legs.

Quote:
Ultimate Ninja This one I like quite a bit playmates actully kinda made me want a toy of a crappy character (in my opinion anyways)...
his colors are almost perfect..not a bad sculpt at all either...nice weapon..nice masks.......but one complaint this line is starting to give me thise really cheap feeling again...I don't know what it is...perhaps the non flat plastic they are using...it's reminding me of the power rangers toys....or like a lower version of the dragon ball z toys...I don't know the line just seems to be going down in quaility.....I'd rather have a few new characters and a buncha turtles and have them all look good then a half as atempt to give us all the wierd characters at one time...I mean I don't see why the toys can't be of great quilty still...*shruggs* perhaps I'm just not one for cartoony looking toys...I'd rather have sculpts of the drawings myself...but um yea this ones a great one I bet he will be hard to find!
I'm betting that cape will get in the way, just like the Guardian Ninja's.

Quote:
Gen hahahahah man this guy is great seriously! I love this toy..I can just see all the rocksteady comments now...but man this guys so much better then old rocky! I mean come one now we will have usagi & GEN!
I like it allot once again this really could have been in the old like it reminds me quite a bit of the shogun rocksteady figure I made some years ago... I'll have to post it and show you all....the only thing once again thats lacking to me again is the type of paint used and the lack of detail.
but perhaps I just need to get used to this new style...I'd say this is either the figure I want the most out of this set or the second most wanted...
oh one more thing PLAYMATES KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF WITH THE ACTION FETURES!!! THERE GETTING OUT OF HAND!
Considering I hated Gen, I have nothing to same here.

Quote:
Butterfly-Swordsoh man I have no idea who the hell this guy is but he looks great hahaha I'd so (once again) love to see this guy sculpted in the old detailed old line style. great figure though love the character deisng and colors...purple is one of my fave colors so this suckers so mine...only thing I'd say would give him a cooler design is 2 more arms...this figure get's an A in my book.
Considering I don't know the guy, I have nothing to say here...either.

Quote:
Dark-Assasin *sigh* it could just be the photo..but this was one of my fave characters from this story and I am so even shocked we are getting a toy of him/them..so that's why I feel so bad about saying bad things....cause it actully makes me feel ungreatfull...so yea...once again crap plastic....to shiny for my tatse...I liked the flat and shiney mixed looks of the older figures....like making there skin flat there clothing shiny...
ok and now also this figure looks like some bad 90's toy biz figure...sure I'm sure your all jumping for joy his arms look ball jointed but did they have to make the placement look so bad....and I see he's got suction cups on his wrists... wow isn't that fun....I'd really have liked to see this guys face..to bad it's covred by something they didn't even freakin wear in the show...the weapons are fine looking....so yea this one I was the most excited about seeing.....and well now I wish I hadn't....tisk tisk I'm very sad over this one....more then any figure in the line so far.
Hopefully the sucktion cups can be removed, or easily broken or cut off. And I hate that mask...

Quote:
after seeing this I'm scared as to what crap there going to do to our girl Karai
Considering I LOVE Karai...I agree with you 100% God if they mess my favorite girl up...

Quote:
Ultimate-Daimyo omg jesus holt mother...*faints* that is the most god awfull hunt of crap I have ever seen.....seriously ok these arnt realy tmnt figures are they? they look like cheep knock offs...from some sweat shop in china trying to cash in on the newly found fame of the new tmnt...
my god this is just looking sad.
Agree with you 200% there. And I'm not just saying that because I hate the guy either. If I get him, it'll only be a cold day in hell, and for the mask to see if they fit Casey and Ultimate Ninja XD

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:33 AM   #27
Quiller-Bee
Hench Mutant

Of the new figures shown, I'll most likely be getting only Gen and Traximus--and that's just because I really like those characters. (Longtime Usagi fan here.)

If the toys were better quality, I'd probably get them all. However, since this line has become so lackluster, I've pretty much resolved to only buy characters who are also from the original Mirage comics continuity. In fact, I may simply drop it all together.

Figures based on animated series don't HAVE to be this cruddy--in terms of both sculpt and articulation. I honestly wish that another company besides Playmates had been chosen to produce the new figures.

Well, as has been pointed out numerous times before, we collectors aren't being targeted with this line. The series seems to be selling like mad, so Playmates could probably care less about collectors.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:04 AM   #28
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiller-Bee
Of the new figures shown, I'll most likely be getting only Gen and Traximus--and that's just because I really like those characters. (Longtime Usagi fan here.)

If the toys were better quality, I'd probably get them all. However, since this line has become so lackluster, I've pretty much resolved to only buy characters who are also from the original Mirage comics continuity. In fact, I may simply drop it all together.

Figures based on animated series don't HAVE to be this cruddy--in terms of both sculpt and articulation. I honestly wish that another company besides Playmates had been chosen to produce the new figures.

Well, as has been pointed out numerous times before, we collectors aren't being targeted with this line. The series seems to be selling like mad, so Playmates could probably care less about collectors.
yea they could care less about is...and wow now it seems like they could care less about the quality of there product...oh it's prolly cause there making tuns of money so oh lets make the toys look like crap they wont care...trust me kids today will are when there toys look like crap...I mean sesh come on........good they could just be doing so much better.
I totally agree with everything you've said....it's sad for me to even talk like this and want to stop collectiing tmnt.
-VM
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:43 AM   #29
Shark
Stone Warrior

Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
When I was a kid, I wouldn't care or even notice the difference. Now I do. I noticed Turtlebot wasn't pianted very well. Then I got Guardian Ninja, and noticed his paintjob and movements are horrible. And his jacket just gets in the damn way. Only thing I like about him is the weapon he came with -_-

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #30
Jet-ski_Ninja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFNOD5
UPDATE
we will get Zanramons Cruiser.

GROOVY

OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH
AWESOME!
Old 11-08-2004, 04:42 PM   #31
Chewie
Foot Soldier

Re: New TMNT "Big Brawl" Figures for 2005!! (Updat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
. I also hope the goofy 'Turtle' stickers are not already on the ship.
Reminds me of the good ol` Turtle Times. On very many vehicles from the "original" TurtlesToys were those decals......

So................. they remind me, and i like it.

To do both of us a favour they can put a decal sheet in the box, so everyone can take his own decison

Turtles, Dino Riders, M.A.S.K., Starcom, Masters of the Universe, Captain Future, Brave Starr, Saber Rider, Galaxy Rangers and much more!
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:44 PM   #32
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Good idea.

Those decals remind me of the old Turtle Van myself. But if there is a seperate sheet for the decals, would that mean they would put little grooved shapes on the vehicle to place them on?

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:13 AM   #33
Chewie
Foot Soldier

I think that`s not necessary. A Picture where to pace them would be a good, comfortable answer to this Problem....

I thought I could eliminate the Prolem by watching my old Turtles Toys but tha was a mistake. A few got those shapes, another few got them not.......

The new Sewer Slider got those shapes indeed, but it was planned to stick the decals on. I hope, if they do this "Own decision" thing, there will be no shapes on the toy.....

Turtles, Dino Riders, M.A.S.K., Starcom, Masters of the Universe, Captain Future, Brave Starr, Saber Rider, Galaxy Rangers and much more!
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote