The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 01:21 PM   #461
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ryan Stegman confirms that Adult Annie is not just a variant gimmick and that more will be revealed at San Diego. Looks like Renew Your Vows is safe for the long term, with Ryan now definitely the main plotter

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...31633929646081
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #462
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Ryan Stegman confirms that Adult Annie is not just a variant gimmick and that more will be revealed at San Diego. Looks like Renew Your Vows is safe for the long term, with Ryan now definitely the main plotter

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...31633929646081
Good to hear that the series is going on. Not so sure if there's been confirmation that the cover isn't just a gimmick; deferring an explanation allows any possibility to be plausible (from gimmick to plot point). But I guess we'll know for sure soon enough.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:33 AM   #463
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Good to hear that the series is going on. Not so sure if there's been confirmation that the cover isn't just a gimmick; deferring an explanation allows any possibility to be plausible (from gimmick to plot point). But I guess we'll know for sure soon enough.
Why would they tease something for comiccon about it if it were a gimmick? Come on.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #465
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Stegman posts a partial preview image from RYV [possibly the cover to Issue Twelve]

Also, issue nine of RYV is amongst the titles moving the needle on pre-orders

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...ance-reorders/
Old 07-01-2017, 01:46 AM   #466
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So we're going to have a time skip following the current storylines...interesting. I know some have been taking issue with this over on CBR and Comicvine, but I really think this change, while admittedly abrupt, helps ease criticisms of how young Annie is to be fighting crime, and maybe also shows how strong Peter and MJ's bond is that they can afford to skip another decade or so with them having adventures as a stable unit to get to the heavier stuff,
Old 07-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #467
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Also, issue nine of RYV is amongst the titles moving the needle on pre-orders
Good to hear.

Quote:
So we're going to have a time skip following the current storylines...interesting. I know some have been taking issue with this over on CBR and Comicvine, but I really think this change, while admittedly abrupt, helps ease criticisms of how young Annie is to be fighting crime, and maybe also shows how strong Peter and MJ's bond is that they can afford to skip another decade or so with them having adventures as a stable unit to get to the heavier stuff,
Could be, although I kind of wish that the series had built up to the new timeframe rather than jumping ahead.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #468
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Could be, although I kind of wish that the series had built up to the new timeframe rather than jumping ahead.
Me too. We only ever had one issue of Annie's early school life, now she'll be close to graduation.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #469
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Me too. We only ever had one issue of Annie's early school life, now she'll be close to graduation.
Yeah, I was really curious about what they'd be doing with the Stephanie Kim character.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #470
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Another rushed issue. but I liked that Peter was more of a strategist here, and plays the role of MJ's emotional anchor helping her to overcome the symbiote and bring it to order.

And apparently the continuity of Dan Slott's RYV mini series is still in play here after all, with Peter finally revealed to have still killed Eddie Brock, with the symbiote out for revenge.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:04 AM   #471
ZariusTwo
Overlord

As was suspected for a time, Gerry Conway has indeed left the book, with Ryan now solo writer
Old 07-28-2017, 04:07 AM   #472
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The listing for the third volume of the RYV trades guarantees a further three issues for the book after November.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:16 AM   #474
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Renew Your Vows#10 preview, which is out next week. First issue with Stegman as solo writer.

http://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-ma...-your-vows-10/

Peter and Annie tackle Lizard

(hmm...wonder what happened to Weblurker? He hasn't posted here in over a month)
Old 08-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #475
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
(hmm...wonder what happened to Weblurker? He hasn't posted here in over a month)
I'm still here, just been elsewhere a lot lately (the fact that I've haven't been watching TMNT much lately and am behind on that hasn't helped).

The tenth issue looks interesting, although I'm not sure I'm quite as eager for an Oscorp-centric story as I was for, say, the Venom story.

And yea that we've getting at least three trade paperbacks worth of material!
Old 08-14-2017, 04:06 AM   #476
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Good to hear from you again. I notice you're still active a lot on CBR.

I'm sure you've heard also RYV was in 90th place on the top 100 last month. The lowest ranked Spider-Title in that particular part of the chart, but still performing better than Scarlet Spider and Spider-Gwen, which failed to reach the top 100 at all.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #477
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Good to hear from you again.
Thanks.

Quote:
I notice you're still active a lot on CBR.
Yeah, that I am.

Quote:
I'm sure you've heard also RYV was in 90th place on the top 100 last month.
Yep.

Quote:
The lowest ranked Spider-Title in that particular part of the chart, but still performing better than Scarlet Spider and Spider-Gwen, which failed to reach the top 100 at all.
Well, top 100 is still top 100. The fact that an AU title like this is generally doing that well is good enough news, IMHO.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #478
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Renew Your Vows#10

Mary Jane is absent from the present day portions of the story due to a doctor's appointment, but appears in the flashbacks to Normie's childhood, and Harry's death from Spectacular Spider-Man#200 still happened in this title's continuity.

Oscorp is targeted by the Lizard family, Curt and Billy. Billy transformed himself into a Lizard like his dad and they are looking to use Regent tech to cure Billy of his condition.

Peter, Annie, and an armed Normie stop them, but Normie blames Peter for ruining his birthday and vows revenge
Old 08-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #479
ZariusTwo
Overlord

In addition to an eight year time skip, Renew Your Vows is getting a brand new creative team this November, writer Jody Houser (DC Young Animal) and IDW Transformers artist Nick Roche

(yeah. the cover is still by Stegman)

https://www.newsarama.com/36007-amaz...el-legacy.html
Old 08-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #480
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Really liked the tenth issue. Was not expecting that much, given that the Osborn story wasn't exactly grabbing me that much, but I think it worked well and really set up another Spider-Man'/Green Goblin clash in the right way; giving everyone a personal stake in it all.

Quote:
In addition to an eight year time skip, Renew Your Vows is getting a brand new creative team this November, writer Jody Houser (DC Young Animal) and IDW Transformers artist Nick Roche

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...8xNTAzMDY0OTIx

(yeah. the cover is still by Stegman)

https://www.newsarama.com/36007-amaz...el-legacy.html
Heard of that. Sorry to see that Stegman and Conway are leaving, as I really liked their work. Hope the new team brings good stuff to the table.

Tags
spider-man, spider-marriage returns