Weed Whacker

That "whitewashing" of the April O'Neil figure did cause a little stir:

[youtoube]i_acM0jBHAg[/youtube]

[youtoube]KHNm2vWL0z0[/youtube
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 08:41 PM   #1582
CyberCubed
Overlord

It really is the worst April design of all time. I just generally can't get over how they thought this was a good idea.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 10:47 PM   #1583
sdp
( . ) ( . )

Toys often have color variation, it was probably changed since her skin is too dark in the first one but they over corrected and doesn't seem dark enough in the second one. So I guess there isn't a movie accurate color yet funnily enough. That won't stop youtubers from making clickbait videos fools will watch.

I don't dislike the design, she just doesn't seem like April to me. Making her skinny and white doesn't make the design much better for April. At least not that specific design. Some fan art I posted in another thread did look like April even if she was black.

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:28 AM   #1584
tmnt182
Random Punk

Finally saw it last night:

Really enjoyed it but I'm stopping short of saying I loved it. Stoked this seems to be a success and will get yet another generation of kids into the turtles. I really liked some of the needle drops and thought the score was really well done. I forgot it was Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross until the Splinter fight scene and thought the music for that scene in particular was really dope.

My nit-picky criticisms are that Bebop & Rocksteady were entirely forgettable in this version. The Bay turtles version did a better job with those two and I really didn't find much to like in those films. Hopefully they become Shredder's henchmen in the sequel and they give them more to do. At times it didn't feel like a "TMNT" film but that could also be seen as a good thing and what makes this version stand out from the others over the years.
tmnt182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 11:01 AM   #1585
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt182 View Post
Stoked this seems to be a success
It's not, though. But toys are selling so there's that.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:24 AM   #1586
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So I watched this finally through other means as I wouldn't be caught dead watching this in a theatre with a bunch of vocal brats.

It's....decent, but nothing ground breaking, the comedy is kind of 'my' humour but it's also aimed at actual AND overgrown kindergardners, you'd be forgiven for thinking this could air on Nick Jr and not the main channels (and trust me, there's a lot of pre-school cartoons with jokes for adults)

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-15-2023 at 11:55 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:47 PM   #1587
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's not, though. But toys are selling so there's that.

the commercial that sells product sold a lot of product and also paid for itself but isn't a success?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:50 PM   #1588
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
the commercial that sells product sold a lot of product and also paid for itself but isn't a success?
If you look at the movie as a commercial then sure. If we are strictly talking about the movie as a movie, then no.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:53 PM   #1589
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
If you look at the movie as a commercial then sure. If we are strictly talking about the movie as a movie, then no.
I mean, yeah. It can stand on its own and also be a commercial like it has been since 1987. You're just so ****ing sad that the movie succeeded you're slinging out "nah-uh!" left and right hoping it someone still fails.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:04 PM   #1590
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
You're just so ****ing sad that the movie succeeded you're slinging out "nah-uh!" left and right hoping it someone still fails.
Sad? It's regrettable that this kind of... let's call it "material" will be encouraged. I have no horse in the race, though, so it's pure apathy from me. Or is this a projection?
Old 08-15-2023, 01:35 PM   #1591
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Sad? It's regrettable that this kind of... let's call it "material" will be encouraged. I have no horse in the race, though, so it's pure apathy from me. Or is this a projection?
Is apathy that thing someone does when they're super involved in a conversation and has strong feelings one way or the other about the thing they're apathetic about?
Old 08-15-2023, 03:18 PM   #1592
tmnt182
Random Punk

Too early to call it a success or not IMO but it’s def. already making profit for Paramount. Word of mouth could keep this thing going for weeks and it would really be hard to argue it wasn’t a success if that’s the case here.

Apparently has better legs/hold than Spider-Verse did:

https://screenrant.com/tmnt-mutant-m...econd-weekend/
tmnt182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 02:03 AM   #1593
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jeff, who cares if some people don't like the movie? The important thing to you should be that it exceeded expectations that nobody had for it and is turning enough of a profit to see TMNT into the next phase of it's longevity as a brand

You're not going to convince every fan in the world it's the best way forward for the franchise, but rather than pounce on their frustrations at every opportunity like it's a massive 'gotcha', your time would be best spent pointing out that so many things outside of the film and it's spin-offs will benefit, and that in turn will grow a more diverse audience, particularly the older audience who won't get a shred of enjoyment from Mutant Mayhem.

It's up to them of course whether or not they'll accept those alternatives. Last Ronin at a push maybe.

This endless back and forth with the other disillusioned members isn't working out for you, it's making you look obnoxious, loud-mouthed and bitter, very much acting like a moody teenager or at best a salty kindergardner. I liked the movie, but I totally understand why people didn't and it has a lot of problems. I'd love everyone to get along, but the only way that can happen is if we all agree to disagree.

When I look back on a lot of posts I've made here over 20 years, I cringe with embarrassment, and I feel this will be you too in a couple of years. Andrew's been around a block so many times he's used to people like you come and go, he holds on to his principles and that is something you can't fight against, he's not 'sad', he has standards, and no amount of success for the movie is going to forcibly lower them just so he can shill for what makes it work for so many other zoomers.

Andrew knows what he's talking about, he's written TMNT, he's published books about them, working with the professionals. If he feels he can do something good if not better, he goes out, raises the cash, and gets it done. What have you done in the meantime?

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-16-2023 at 04:14 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 06:18 AM   #1594
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Jeff, who cares if some people don't like the movie? The important thing to you should be that it exceeded expectations that nobody had for it and is turning enough of a profit to see TMNT into the next phase of it's longevity as a brand

You're not going to convince every fan in the world it's the best way forward for the franchise, but rather than pounce on their frustrations at every opportunity like it's a massive 'gotcha', your time would be best spent pointing out that so many things outside of the film and it's spin-offs will benefit, and that in turn will grow a more diverse audience, particularly the older audience who won't get a shred of enjoyment from Mutant Mayhem.

It's up to them of course whether or not they'll accept those alternatives. Last Ronin at a push maybe.

This endless back and forth with the other disillusioned members isn't working out for you, it's making you look obnoxious, loud-mouthed and bitter, very much acting like a moody teenager or at best a salty kindergardner. I liked the movie, but I totally understand why people didn't and it has a lot of problems. I'd love everyone to get along, but the only way that can happen is if we all agree to disagree.

When I look back on a lot of posts I've made here over 20 years, I cringe with embarrassment, and I feel this will be you too in a couple of years. Andrew's been around a block so many times he's used to people like you come and go, he holds on to his principles and that is something you can't fight against, he's not 'sad', he has standards, and no amount of success for the movie is going to forcibly lower them just so he can shill for what makes it work for so many other zoomers.

Andrew knows what he's talking about, he's written TMNT, he's published books about them, working with the professionals. If he feels he can do something good if not better, he goes out, raises the cash, and gets it done. What have you done in the meantime?
I could care less if he likes it, doesn't like it, or doesn't care about it. My last post was about his specific actions. He claims he's purely apathetic about the movie, yet posts about it incessantly. That's not apathy.

Cool, he's written fanfic. I had a TMNT podcast. Who cares? You don't have to actively participate and create content or art to talk about something you like on the internet.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:23 AM   #1595
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Cool, he's written fanfic.
No, he means that he's actual written official TMNT comics.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 08:49 AM   #1596
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
No, he means that he's actual written official TMNT comics.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's released anything officially licensed? And don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing his art at all...I've backed his projects before and they are a welcome part of my comic collection.
Old 08-16-2023, 08:53 AM   #1597
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's released anything officially licensed? And don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing his art at all...I've backed his projects before and they are a welcome part of my comic collection.
Licensed or not, it's more TMNT than anything with the Nick logo on it. Just like whenever Laird gets his act together and starts writing again. Nick logo or not his Vol 4 continuation will be more official than whatever Viacom churns out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 01:37 PM   #1598
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Licensed or not, it's more TMNT than anything with the Nick logo on it. Just like whenever Laird gets his act together and starts writing again. Nick logo or not his Vol 4 continuation will be more official than whatever Viacom churns out.
Right, so it's fanfiction but not official. Laird is legally allowed to write stories with, so his stories would also be official. I'm not knocking fanfiction, but to say he's written official TMNT is not true. Again, if I'm wrong, please let me know.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:32 PM   #1599
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Right, so it's fanfiction but not official. Laird is legally allowed to write stories with, so his stories would also be official. I'm not knocking fanfiction, but to say he's written official TMNT is not true. Again, if I'm wrong, please let me know.
Here's something you should read:

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2023/06/tmnt-2030.html

As far as I'm concerned, stories written with the input of Mirage creators and drawn by Mirage artists ARE official. And if you know anything about Andrew, it's that he's defacto Mirage staff by this point. Viacom's stamp of approval an official story does not make.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 02:41 PM   #1600
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Here's something you should read:

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2023/06/tmnt-2030.html

As far as I'm concerned, stories written with the input of Mirage creators and drawn by Mirage artists ARE official. And if you know anything about Andrew, it's that he's defacto Mirage staff by this point. Viacom's stamp of approval an official story does not make.
I want to read that bad! I reached out to Jim Lawson to buy I copy but I was too late, unfortunately. We're just disputing semantics at this point. But I will say, any Turtles from the mirage team or well made fan fiction from anyone else is positive in my book. Sophie Campbell put out her own fanfic before landing the role as writer, and it's cool seeing that bleedover.

Tags
bebop, cubedhatesblackpeople, leatherhead, mondo gecko, rocksteady, tigercuck, wingnut