The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2023, 11:22 PM   #1721
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come a’knockin’, I’m gonna be camping out on the roof of my house with my suppressed short barreled AR-15,
It won't be the zombies who come a'knocking, but that's not a bad idea.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 07:00 AM   #1722
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,940
One positive I'll say is that I'm happy they didn't mutate Baxter into a fly Mutant and let Superfly be his own character. Baxter was always more interesting as a human especially with all the tragedies that happened to him after meeting the Turtles. Superfly was fine enough as a villain even though the third act with him was weird.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:23 PM   #1723
TylerD
Random Punk
 
TylerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
One positive I'll say is that I'm happy they didn't mutate Baxter into a fly Mutant and let Superfly be his own character. Baxter was always more interesting as a human especially with all the tragedies that happened to him after meeting the Turtles. Superfly was fine enough as a villain even though the third act with him was weird.


Agreed. It was really thinking outside the box. Wasn’t sure how I would feel about it going in, but they did a good job
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 10:29 PM   #1724
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
There could be a decent movie someday with Baxter and his mousers, the Rat King in the mix somehow, and after Baxter is "beaten" he comes back at the end for the final battle as the cyborg he became in TMNT Vol. 2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 05:11 PM   #1725
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,941
I'm actually surprised we've never had a movie with mousers. The second Mirage issue is probably the most adapted story in the entire TMNT canon and Baxter being their creator and their function and design are arguably the #1 most consistent thing across all TMNT media. They are prevalent in all the classic video games which back then were very much the fourth pillar of the franchise.

More than that the turtles battling mousers gets around the conundrum of the turtles being able to use their weapons. I think you could easily have done them in the 90s movies and it fitted well in their sweet spot of being with their more grounded (albeit lighthearted) tone they were going for in the first two than the robotic Foot Soldiers from the cartoon. There was really no excuse not to use them in the Bay produced movies since they were throwing in everything from the Fred Wolf show. Even worse they just made a movie were Baxter is an important part of their origin and his actual creations don't even show up.

I've said before that TMNT has a bit of villain problem. Outside of the Shredder there are very few that can carry a movie. Most of TMNT villains make conceptually poor 'final boss' villains and the few that can aren't well known to the public in a way that would convince them to part with their money to go see the movie. Baxter is the only one I can see that is both well known and can be 'beefed up' to be a credible villain. Still if Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady couldn't do it I have my doubts any character can...not without a really well done Shredder-based movie preceding it to get the audience on side. Still I think the '03 series had the best set up for the character that he's a secondary villain providing tech to Shredder and the Foot.

Last edited by Galactus; 11-05-2023 at 07:00 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:53 AM   #1726
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I'm actually surprised we've never had a movie with mousers. The second Mirage issue is probably the most adapted story in the entire TMNT canon and Baxter being their creator and their function and design are arguably the #1 most consistent thing across all TMNT media. They are prevalent in all the classic video games which back then were very much the fourth pillar of the franchise.

More than that the turtles battling mousers gets around the conundrum of the turtles being able to use their weapons. I think you could easily have done them in the 90s movies and it fitted well in their sweet spot of being with their more grounded (albeit lighthearted) tone they were going for in the first two than the robotic Foot Soldiers from the cartoon. There was really no excuse not to use them in the Bay produced movies since they were throwing in everything from the Fred Wolf show. Even worse they just made a movie were Baxter is an important part of their origin and his actual creations don't even show up.

I've said before that TMNT has a bit of villain problem. Outside of the Shredder there are very few that can carry a movie. Most of TMNT villains make conceptually poor 'final boss' villains and the few that can aren't well known to the public in a way that would convince them to part with their money to go see the movie. Baxter is the only one I can see that is both well known and can be 'beefed up' to be a credible villain. Still if Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady couldn't do it I have my doubts any character can...not without a really well done Shredder-based movie preceding it to get the audience on side. Still I think the '03 series had the best set up for the character that he's a secondary villain providing tech to Shredder and the Foot.
In mutant mayhem in the mid credit scene if you freeze frame where april is recording her thoughts on tcri. Look on the blackboard in the background. Among other clues and posters there is a drawing of a mouser robot promonently featured.
I hadn't seen it at the movies either, but my brother later notified me about this.

I agree seeing the turtles battle the fantasticly designed mousers in the sewers and elsewhere would be def!! I am hoping for their debut in the sequel. Never have believed in the theory that baxter died in the explosion in the beginning.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:42 AM   #1727
TylerD
Random Punk
 
TylerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 47
That would be sick! I would love to see that in the sequel.
TylerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 01:26 PM   #1728
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
That would be sick! I would love to see that in the sequel.
Yeah! Me too! I am picturing the action scenes of mirage issue 2 coming alive on the big screen. And with the nice lighting effects in this animation style where it often looks as if everything is done in clay, oh man
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 06:40 PM   #1729
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
I am hoping for their debut in the sequel.
If there is one.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 10:12 AM   #1730
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,459
True dat.lets wait and see.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:13 PM   #1731
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If there is one.
Oh, there will be one. Unfortunately.
__________________
Totally Interstellar
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 11:08 AM   #1732
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 15,124
Sooo... anyone see the rather nasty video of Leo's actor?

Hope Nick/Paramount says something, or does something. Biggs got kicked out for acting up and being trollish over the line, and now this kid doing this garbage? Was already put off on him by his likewise unprofessional trollish behavior around when the film was coming out, but this... WOW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...antu_verbally/

Nicolas Cantu, you've got some serious growing up to do, fast, before that kind of behavior catches up to you with a very hard lesson. Keep it up and it absolutely will.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-18-2023 at 11:46 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 11:19 AM   #1733
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sooo... anyone see the rather nasty video of Leo's actor?

Hope Nick says something, or does something. Biggs got kicked out for acting up and being trollish over the line, and now this kid doing this garbage? Was already put off on him by his likewise unprofessional trollish behavior around when the film was comingout, but this... WOW.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...antu_verbally/

Nicolas Cantu, you've got some serious growing up to do, fast, before that kind of behavior catches up to you with a very hard lesson. Keep it up and it absolutely will.
No wonder Seth Rogen picked him.
__________________
Totally Interstellar
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 04:36 PM   #1734
Turtlette
Mouser
 
Turtlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Merry Ol England
Posts: 9
As if I didn’t have enough reasons to be embarrassed that I’m Gen Z…
Turtlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:32 AM   #1735
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 40,879
His career is over
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 05:32 PM   #1736
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
In mutant mayhem in the mid credit scene if you freeze frame where april is recording her thoughts on tcri. Look on the blackboard in the background. Among other clues and posters there is a drawing of a mouser robot promonently featured.
I hadn't seen it at the movies either, but my brother later notified me about this.

I agree seeing the turtles battle the fantasticly designed mousers in the sewers and elsewhere would be def!! I am hoping for their debut in the sequel. Never have believed in the theory that baxter died in the explosion in the beginning.
would be cool to see baxter show up in cyborg form for the sequel, possibly in a war against Shredder/Utroms, and also have a vendetta against the Turtles for taking out his son.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:18 AM   #1737
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
would be cool to see baxter show up in cyborg form for the sequel, possibly in a war against Shredder/Utroms, and also have a vendetta against the Turtles for taking out his son.
That would be dope! Also if they would use the real mirage robot design from vol 2 I'ld be delighted. I think the vibe of danger in the first film feels about right for trying something like this in a sequel, if there is one.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 05:48 PM   #1738
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 13,768
The Mutant Mayhem TMNT were at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, and Bell Biv Devoe performed the song Poison, Video on the link below.
https://twitter.com/KristiTalmadge/s...27398093730029





__________________
TigerClaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:03 PM   #1739
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 8,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The Mutant Mayhem TMNT were at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, and Bell Biv Devoe performed the song Poison, Video on the link below.
Who ?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 06:12 PM   #1740
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 8,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Who ?
That's how I reacted to literally all the musical performances at the parade this year
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bebop, cubedhatesblackpeople, leatherhead, mondo gecko, rocksteady, tigercuck, wingnut

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.