The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-10-2019, 05:29 AM   #41
Vegita-San
Emperor

I really hope not.

If anything, it SHOWS that when you mess with TMNT too much, people just don't care.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

A bridge to even further drastic departures? Dear god I hope not.

At that point, people who are so desperate to make something so different than what it is aught to go work on something else that's new and not tied down by meanie fans criticizing choices to eff up existing and beloved characters in an endless cycle to reinvent the wheel.

I will never understand what's so hard about allowing the Turtles to remain who they are and focus on giving them new stories from another period in their lives. If someone is bored with who they are as people, then maybe they need a break from the Turtles for a while.

IDW and PD may have gone with a different origin to some extent, but cripe, at least the TMNT still seem to be largely who they normally are as individuals.

But I/we digress, this thread was about the animation style/quality and I don't really see what's troll-ish about that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:44 PM   #43
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Not only is the action animation great but this show also has suburb character animation and acting.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

\

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-10-2019 at 07:06 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #44
TommyT
Banned

So, this is officially a troll thread, and should be closed. Somebody get a Moderator.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #45
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I believe Rise of the TMNT is an attempt to serve as a bridge between the 2012–2017 Nickelodeon cartoon (which is mainly based on older source material) and upcoming cartoons and comics with more drastical changes. Same with the IDW comics and the Platinim Dunes films.
From my experiences in the workforce and a myriad of other unique environments, I believe that Rise is an example of a workplace idea that was given support because other contributors were to fearful of decrying the idea. I can imagine a brainstorming meeting where someone who subscribes to the "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" mentality, asserted the idea and made a manipulative case for "change", "bold new ideas" and not "fearing to try". And because that kind of framing was used, no one wanted to put the breaks on it for fear of being painted as "someone against change". And the studio ran with the ball.

I've seen many ideas in the workforce arena that everyone knew were terrible, but if the culture in that arena is manipulative then you can't say the idea is bad because you'll be labeled either as a Luddite, or as some kind of hater by other ladder-climbers in the room. So in those environments, the ladder-climber (e.g., manipulator) will rise to the top by throwing any **** they can at the wall to see what sticks and make themselves a workplace hero. And in the end you've got a wall covered in ****.

Now I can tell you that the phenomena I've outlined here is 100% true and accurate. Only human resource bimbos and employees stuck in middle-management will say that it is not. However, the opinion part of this is where I'm speculating that this is what happened with this show. But it is very easy to see how Rise could have been a manipulator's marketing pitch as "bold direction" to insert the IP into the current animation zeitgeist, & "bring an 'aging IP' into modern relevancy" when in fact they are just jumping on the train of what other shows today are doing. Even when it doesn't work.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-10-2019 at 07:30 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:18 PM   #46
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
From my experiences in the workforce and a myriad of other unique environments, I believe that Rise is an example of a workplace idea that was supported out of fear of decrying the idea. Basically in a brainstorming meeting, someone who subscribes to the "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" mentality made a case for "change", "bold new ideas" and not "fearing to try". And because that kind of framing was used, no one wanted to be boxed in as being against change by putting the breaks on it, and the studio ran with the ball.

I've seen many ideas in the workforce arena that everyone knew were terrible, but if the culture in that arena is manipulative then you can't say the idea is bad because you'll be labeled either as a Luddite, or as some kind of hater by other ladder-climbers in the room.

So in those environments, the manipulator will rise to the top by throwing any **** they can at the wall to see what sticks and make themselves a workplace hero. And in the end you've got a wall covered in ****.

Now I can tell you that the phenomenaa I've outlined here is 100% true and accurate. Only human resource bimbos and employees stuck in middle-management will say that it is not. However, the opinion part of what I'm saying is that I'm applying this phenomena to the Rise show. But it's very easy to believe that iIt was an idiot's easy thought to insert the IP into the current animation zeitgeist, combined with lack of strong leadership to guide the ship, as well as the liberal-buy-in culture of the profession, Rise was put on screen.
Or maybe and just here me out, because the last series pretty much referenced almost every piece of TMNT media at least once maybe the writers decided to experiment and also use different animation techniques.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:27 PM   #47
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Or maybe and just here me out, because the last series pretty much referenced almost every piece of TMNT media at least once maybe the writers decided to experiment and also use different animation techniques.
Sure. Absolutely that is a possibility on the more positive side of the spectrum. But in that case, they did (arguably) a terrible job. For example, TMNT 2007 did the same thing yet still managed to look gorgeous while not only maintaining the feel of the franchise, but also maintained the key tenets as loose continuity. And the turtles fought interdimensional gargoyle monsters in that flick, without Shredder as well.

Coincidentally what you've said here is probably the most succinct and understandable explanation for Rise that I've seen. But it still spells fear from the creators to me - they didn't know what else to do. They weren't prepared.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #48
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Sure. Absolutely that is a possibility on the more positive side of the spectrum. But in that case, they did (arguably) a terrible job. For example, TMNT 2007 did the same thing yet still managed to look gorgeous while not only maintaining the feel of the franchise, but also maintained the key tenets as loose continuity. And the turtles fought interdimensional gargoyle monsters in that flick, without Shredder as well
How the hell did the 2007 movie do the same thing, with the exception of a different antagionist its the most paint by numbers turtle movie even having a Leo and Raph fight(even if it didn't make sense).

Quote:
Coincidentally what you've said here is probably the most succinct and understandable explanation for Rise that I've seen. But it still spells fear from the creators to me - they didn't know what else to do. They weren't prepared.
Prepared for what.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #49
Powder
So tired of this place

The irrational, ignorant, constant negativity, from grown-ass dudes this show never marketed itself toward, is staggering.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #50
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
From my experiences in the workforce and a myriad of other unique environments, I believe that Rise is an example of a workplace idea that was given support because other contributors were to fearful of decrying the idea.

I've seen many ideas in the workforce arena that everyone knew were terrible, but if the culture in that arena is manipulative then you can't say the idea is bad because you'll be labeled either as a Luddite, or as some kind of hater by other ladder-climbers in the room. So in those environments, the ladder-climber (e.g., manipulator) will rise to the top by throwing any **** they can at the wall to see what sticks and make themselves a workplace hero. And in the end you've got a wall covered in ****.

Now I can tell you that the phenomena I've outlined here is 100% true and accurate. Only human resource bimbos and employees stuck in middle-management will say that it is not. However, the opinion part of this is where I'm speculating that this is what happened with this show. But it is very easy to see how Rise could have been a manipulator's marketing pitch as "bold direction" to insert the IP into the current animation zeitgeist, & "bring an 'aging IP' into modern relevancy" when in fact they are just jumping on the train of what other shows today are doing. Even when it doesn't work.
This man gets it.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:50 AM   #51
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The irrational, ignorant, constant negativity, from grown-ass dudes this show never marketed itself toward, is staggering.
I read your words and can only agree...that's why most of the times I don't even bother posting anything.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #52
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
I read your words and can only agree...that's why most of the times I don't even bother posting anything.
You are right about the target audience though.... The show isn't geared towards my demographic. And I'm not a fan of this iteration, so I'm actually well aligned in this.

But the show isn't geared towards you either. But you will defend it or have an issue with someone discussing their thoughts. That sounds like a regression on your part. So remember that next time you have vitriol towards what was otherwise a relatively balanced discussion in the first place.

Rise isn't geared towards either of you as well, whether or not either of you are both "grown-ass dudes" or "grown-ass chicks". But you guys liking the cartoon doesn't make your opinions on it more valid. In some ways your opinions could be less valid because you are wildly entertained by a show, as you said, meant for people possibly two generations removed from you.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-11-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #53
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
But the show isn't geared towards you either. But you will defend it or have an issue with someone discussing their thoughts. That sounds like a regression on your part. So remember that next time you have vitriol towards what was otherwise a relatively balanced discussion in the first place.
You're missing the point completely, no one is having an issue with anyone discussing their thoughts about the animation itself, even if they aren't the target demographic.

But when a thread gets de-railed with people being accussed of being shills for liking a show's animation, a nonsense post about how Rise was made under a climate of corporate fear which is not relevant to the topic at all, and half the posts demanding that this is a troll thread, then the discussion is far from being "relatively well balanced".

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 11-11-2019 at 10:45 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #54
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You're missing the point completely, no one is having an issue with anyone discussing their thoughts about the animation itself, even if they aren't the target demographic.

But when a thread gets de-railed with people being accussed of being shills for liking a show's animation, a nonsense post about how Rise was made under a climate of corporate fear which is not relevant to the topic at all, and half the posts demanding that this is a troll thread, then the discussion is far from being "relatively well balanced".
I understand that, but the posts I cited appeared in proximity to my discussion with the OP without clarification. I think it's a safe assumption that those posts were directed, in part at least by the discussion I was having. And if they weren't, then those posts should've clarified.

But either way, the point I made still stands in response. Liking the show or otherwise does not increase anyone's validity or outrage points. People citing that your opinion is negated because content wasn't made for you is either a manipulation or an idiot's argument. I'm not having that, so there was a dose of reality for anyone who takes that position. It wasn't made for you either, but yet you like it.

But on that note, to be clear I never took a stand or even cared if this was created as a troll thread. And so the real point is that even amidst all the BS, my discussion was well balanced. It's not that I should recognize or jump on board or against the shill thread nonsense. And I did say "shill" earlier. because the OP was gushing over the show to such an extreme that it seemed like a manipulation. But I didn't take a hard nosed stance on it - I used it as an allusion and I stand by it. I had the discussion.

For my part, everything I've said is 100% cogent.

Last edited by IMJ; 11-11-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #55
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

One thing I like is that the four different TMNT cartoons, have all been animated in their own separate style.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #56
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
You are right about the target audience though.... The show isn't geared towards my demographic. And I'm not a fan of this iteration, so I'm actually well aligned in this.

Rise isn't geared towards either of you as well, whether or not either of you are both "grown-ass dudes" or "grown-ass chicks". But you guys liking the cartoon doesn't make your opinions on it more valid. In some ways your opinions could be less valid because you are wildly entertained by a show, as you said, meant for people possibly two generations removed from you.
Oh snap. I guess that’s that then.

I think it’s also fair to note, I’m not interested in shutting down a rational or light hearted discussion born of a love for Rise, but I am irritated to think this entire thread is some kind of ironic post, heaping praise as a joke, to troll the users here, and also somehow support the very thing most of us are cringing over.

It’s tantamount to farting in public, and smiling.

Last edited by TommyT; 11-11-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #57
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I think it’s also fair to note, I’m not interested in shutting down a rational or light hearted discussion born of a love for Rise, but I am irritated to think this entire thread is some kind of ironic post, heaping praise as a joke, to troll the users here, and also somehow support the very thing most of us are cringing over.

It’s tantamount to farting in public, and smiling.

How the hell is this an ironic post, most people even those who don't like Rise admit the animation is good and if you disagree then say so or maybe even explain why you the animation isn't up to your standards but saying that this is a troll thread makes you look like the troll.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #58
TommyT
Banned

More farting in public. Doubling down on outrageous statements, further stirring the pot, and topping it off with the good ole “I’m not, you are”. Its not funny anymore. If a new show is on the way, it should be a united front from all fan, that we don’t want anything even approaching the Cal Arts style, anywhere near this franchise again. It might also be said, **** the younger demo. Tmnt isn’t for them, it’s for us.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #59
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
More farting in public. Doubling down on outrageous statements, further stirring the pot, and topping it off with the good ole “I’m not, you are”. Its not funny anymore. If a new show is on the way, it should be a united front from all fan, that we don’t want anything even approaching the Cal Arts style, anywhere near this franchise again. It might also be said, **** the younger demo. Tmnt isn’t for them, it’s for us.
You are beyond stupid if you think this looks anything like "Cal Arts"(which isn't even a thing when cartoons have trends like all the time) most cartoons have a round and soft feature while Rise focuses on more angular designs a la the 2000s. You are free to dislike it but don't say this thread is "farting in public" when people just have a different opinion you are not the arbiter of what fans like.

Quote:
It might also be said, **** the younger demo. Tmnt isn’t for them, it’s for us.
Oh f#$% of with your gate keeping TMNT is for the demographic that gives them the most toy sales which are kids

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-11-2019 at 11:12 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #60
TommyT
Banned

You're not going to bring me down to your level.

TMNT is not for children, we all know it, we all know the history, so let's not regurgitate or retread the dead damned horse. I'm making a point, and it's that the kids version flopped. Your logic suggests Joker shouldn't be R rated, because it won't sell toys. TMNT is Joker. Not necessarily dark and gritty, not some edgelord stuff, not Bayturtles, but played straight, with the serious themes and story the mirage books did so well. Serious action packed adult themed fun. Kids aren't paying attention to TMNT unless their parents force it, just like kids could give a damn about Star Wars. Turtles are a disco party for the OG's, and it's time to bring it back to basics.