The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 05:39 AM   #461
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
People like you are way too hung up on the franchise being "serious" and "mature", that's why.

Not saying there should'nt be a TMNT movie like the original again, I'm sure we'll get it again, but I want MY TMNT represented, and for the most part, despite a load of evident problems, I got it, so I'm happy. Sorry you ain't, but that's your misfortune.
We're all so happy you got another sh*t movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:08 AM   #462
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Comparison is cool and all, but must we always compare TMNT to the most successful film franchise in the world? Every day, every thread, with every comic book movie discussed. You can rag on anything if you want to compare it to Marvel Studios. I mean, I get it. You want to point and say, "Here's an example of it done right." It's just that it's the same thing, day after day...
Old 06-03-2016, 06:17 AM   #463
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Say what you will about the Fred Wolf cartoon, I don't recall Bebop and Rocksteady ever looking down their pants to check out their post-mutation genitals.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:22 AM   #464
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Comparison is cool and all, but must we always compare TMNT to the most successful film franchise in the world? Every day, every thread, with every comic book movie discussed. You can rag on anything if you want to compare it to Marvel Studios. I mean, I get it. You want to point and say, "Here's an example of it done right." It's just that it's the same thing, day after day...
It's a goal to aim for.

How about we compare it to Deadpool instead? That was a surprise hit without a ton of movies directly building up to it, and it's received huge praise from audiences and critics solely because it was a good, well-realized movie.

Hell, even X-Men: Apocalypse, the movie people can't stop beating up on this week, is faring better:

These are its ratings, and because of that it's considered a disappointing flop. Yet we're supposed to celebrate BayTurtles 2? That's what I mean about lowered expectations -- if even we don't expect or hold out for a good movie, then we're never gonna get one.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:46 AM   #465
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The TMNT Fansite posted there review of the movie.
http://tinyurl.com/hycrspl

had to use tinyurl cause there url is blocked on the forum for some reason.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:52 AM   #466
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
IThese are its ratings, and because of that it's considered a disappointing flop. Yet we're supposed to celebrate BayTurtles 2? That's what I mean about lowered expectations -- if even we don't expect or hold out for a good movie, then we're never gonna get one.
Out of the Shadows is no Civil War or Deadpool, but I'll pick it over turds like Guardians, Iron Man II and III, both Thors, and Age of Pinnochio any day of the week. I don't care if you wish to label me as one who "lowers thier standards" as in my opinion people do very much the same thing to enjoy Marvel Studios movies anyway.

There's nothing wrong with being easily pleased at some things, and you shouldn't be trying to make anyone feel bad or wrong for doing so.

Another positive..sorry, 'lowered standard' review from Aggressive Comix

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-03-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:08 AM   #467
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Out of the Shadows is no Civil War or Deadpool, but I'll pick it over turds like Guardians, two Iron Men, both Thors, and Age of Pinnochio any f*cking day of the week. I don't care if you wish to label me as one who "lowers thier standards" as in my opinion people do very much the same thing to enjoy Marvel Studios movies anyway.
Hey, you're absolutely entitled to your preferences, but you are definitely in the extreme minority on that one.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being easily pleased at some things, and you shouldn't be trying to make anyone feel bad or wrong for doing so.
Nobody's saying you're "bad" or "wrong". I'm just stating my perspective and standards, which a lot of other fans share. Much like you've repeatedly done about the movies you don't like.

We could all stand to be a lot less precious and thin-skinned about our own opinions, y'ask me.

Last edited by Bry; 06-03-2016 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:14 AM   #468
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Out of the Shadows is no Civil War or Deadpool, but I'll pick it over turds like Guardians, two Iron Men, both Thors, and Age of Pinnochio any f*cking day of the week. I don't care if you wish to label me as one who "lowers thier standards" as in my opinion people do very much the same thing to enjoy Marvel Studios movies anyway.

I don't think anyones trying to make you or anyone else feel bad bro. I'm perfectly glad you and everyone else who liked this got the movie you wanted. But you admit that you're easily pleased. Some of us aren't and that's OK too. We shouldn't be expected to be. There's no reason tmnt can't be given the same effort as other comic book films. Plot holes and slap stick shouldn't have to be common place and accepted because of an almost 30 year old cartoon. Say what you will about the marvel movies but at least I can tell there's genuine effort put into them. More than I can say for this.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:16 AM   #469
Duke Nukem
Hench Mutant

I liked the movie. I went into it expecting it to be at least as terrible as the last one, but was pleasantly surprised. To me it was basically 90% like a live action 2 hour Fred Wolf episode. I could enjoy it for what it was even though I'd prefer a much grittier film or live action TV series.

What I was more surprised by was that me and the few people I was with ended up getting a private screening. Literally no one else showed up for the premiere at the busiest theater in the area. When I saw 2k14, the theater was reasonably crowded for that one.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:19 AM   #470
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
I liked the movie. I went into it expecting it to be at least as terrible as the last one, but was pleasantly surprised. To me it was basically 90% like a live action 2 hour Fred Wolf episode. I could enjoy it for what it was even though I'd prefer a much grittier film or live action TV series.

What I was more surprised by was that me and the few people I was with ended up getting a private screening. Literally no one else showed up for the premiere at the busiest theater in the area. When I saw 2k14, the theater was reasonably crowded for that one.
Me too! Our theater was empty!
Old 06-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #471
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

This place is the absolute worst. Both movies are light years better than this section of the forum. If you say you like the movie you are treated like the scum of the earth. And if you say you hate it, you act like the absolute be all, end all of the movie business. Then the two opinions fight and it's a complete crapfest. Is this the best movie ever? No. Is it the worst? No. It's a fun movie if you stop being so stuck up.

For the people who liked the movie, don't waste your time defending your opinion. The people who hate it will NEVER allow themselves to like it. They like hatred more than fun.

For the people who hated it (and probably didn't see it or won't see it) Don't waste your time telling the people who liked it, that it's bad. They obviously don't take movies as serious as you, and it won't ruin their life that a movie wasn't made for their tastes.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:33 AM   #472
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

If Out of the Shadows is now considered synonymous with 'fun', then yeah I hate fun.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #473
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purse Grabbin Puke View Post
This place is the absolute worst.
Sorry to hear there's someone holding you at gunpoint making you read all of these awful posts. Do you need us to call the police? Blink twice if yes.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #474
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
This place is the absolute worst. Both movies are light years better than this section of the forum. If you say you like the movie you are treated like the scum of the earth. And if you say you hate it, you act like the absolute be all, end all of the movie business. Then the two opinions fight and it's a complete crapfest. Is this the best movie ever? No. Is it the worst? No. It's a fun movie if you stop being so stuck up.

For the people who liked the movie, don't waste your time defending your opinion. The people who hate it will NEVER allow themselves to like it. They like hatred more than fun.

For the people who hated it (and probably didn't see it or won't see it) Don't waste your time telling the people who liked it, that it's bad. They obviously don't take movies as serious as you, and it won't ruin their life that a movie wasn't made for their tastes.
Exactly it's been the same since 2014. People who disliked it pushed so many people away from these forums. They'd gang up on them and us their "power" to collectively report users and get them banned. Worst of it is the passive aggressive way in which they do it. Why can their be both those who liked the first one, the sequel and anothers, and those who dislike them.

BTW Puddinpop saw the movie and he absolutely loved it for those who might be wondering.

I have to wait till sat

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #475
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Sorry to hear there's someone holding you at gunpoint making you read all of these awful posts. Do you need us to call the police? Blink twice if yes.
No, and I've avoided this section since OOTS started filming. And I'll avoid it from here on out. It's a waste of time posting here because the same 4 people who hate these movies sit there hitting refresh waiting to knock someone who liked it. So enjoy sitting in your own hatred. I imagine it feels like a baby feels when they sit in their own dirty diaper.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #476
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

So can we officially begin the countdown for the next group to make turtles movies? I can't wait to get past these Platinum Dunes pricks.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #477
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
No, and I've avoided this section since OOTS started filming. And I'll avoid it from here on out. It's a waste of time posting here because the same 4 people who hate these movies sit there hitting refresh waiting to knock someone who liked it. So enjoy sitting in your own hatred. I imagine it feels like a baby feels when they sit in their own dirty diaper.
Well, I really haven't been out to "knock" anyone for liking the movie. I've just expressed my preferences and disappointment that the property's not living up to its potential. And yes, some frustration that having higher standards is so controversial with some folks. Ah well.

But y'know what? For you, I'll make an exception. Enjoy your farts and dick jokes! BayTurtles 3: Bebop Gets Diarrhea should be out in 22 months, so get that hype train rolling!! If anyone needs me, I'll be over here in my diaper, watching good movies.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:56 AM   #478
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Well, I really haven't been out to "knock" anyone for liking the movie. I've just expressed my preferences and disappointment that the property's not living up to its potential. And yes, some frustration that having higher standards is so controversial with some folks. Ah well.

But y'know what? For you, I'll make an exception. Enjoy your farts and dick jokes! BayTurtles 3: Bebop Gets Diarrhea should be out in 22 months, so get that hype train rolling!! If anyone needs me, I'll be over here in my diaper, watching good movies.
Zero dick jokes were in this movie.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:58 AM   #479
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Saw it yesterday, and it was definitely a lot of fun! It's legitimately like the original cartoon. So glad they put complete emphasis on the turtles this time around. They drive everything that happens and they did a great job of showcasing the strengths and weaknesses of all 4 so they all weren't so one dimensional. Special shout out to Leo too. He was outstanding.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #480
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Zero dick jokes were in this movie.
At least that's a small step-up from the last movie.
Closed Thread

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2