The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 05:53 AM   #781
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Ah, now I see it. "Fantastic Final Issue" Missed that during my first read this morning.
Many thanks!
Wow, how many titles at IDW are ending? I know their Transformers books are coming to an end, but I had no idea the main TMNT ongoing was also ending.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:50 AM   #782
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
Wow, how many titles at IDW are ending? I know their Transformers books are coming to an end, but I had no idea the main TMNT ongoing was also ending.
No, TMNT Universe is ending. Its been decided at IDW for a few months now. It will be replaced by another title. At this time it is unclear if its a succession of minis or another secondary title.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #783
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

May 2018

TMNT Urban Legends #1

TMNT Ongoing #82

TMNT Universe #22

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-05.html
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #784
CyberCubed
Overlord

Image series is off to a good start with over 12,000, almost at 13,000. I'm sure it'll decline rapidly as we get through the next few issues, but it sold more than the main IDW ongoing did this month which is shocking.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #785
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I was expecting it to be up near the usual TMNT/Batman crossover numbers. But I guess that’s not really a fair comparison. But I was thinking issue one was going to be at like 20,000 plus for numbers and then cut in half for the second issue.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #786
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I was expecting it to be up near the usual TMNT/Batman crossover numbers. But I guess that’s not really a fair comparison. But I was thinking issue one was going to be at like 20,000 plus for numbers and then cut in half for the second issue.
Its the #1 effect that the industry loves and does not understand the dive it will take form there.

I am surprised at TMNT#82's #s. I am really enjoying the series.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #787
CyberCubed
Overlord

June's sales:

TMNT Ongoing #83 10,683
TMNT Urban Legends #2 8,387
TMNT Universe #23 7,152

All the sales dipped quite a bit in June compared to last month. TMNT Universes last two issues will probably wind up in the 6,000's sales probably. Hopefully Urban legends doesn't dip too badly so we get all 23 issues reprinted.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:13 AM   #788
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Let's see how #3 and #4 go, there were quite a few variants to #1 as expected.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:51 AM   #789
CyberCubed
Overlord

At only one issue out a month it'll take to roughly early 2020 to finish the Image run. If it doesn't last that long in single issues I hope we at least get trades.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:28 PM   #790
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

The hard numbers make me nervous (I remember this book doing more in the 20-25k range), but I look and it's still IDW's third best seller, and far older than either of the books above it. Only the new Sonic book and Star Wars Adventures (which my 6 year old niece loves) are above the TMNT ongoing. Even the trades are some of IDW's best selling in their category. So I guess I won't worry.

Also, the Image reprint seems to be doing well for IDW as well. That makes me happy, as I enjoyed #2 and I've never read volume 3.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:55 PM   #791
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Kamikaze View Post
The hard numbers make me nervous (I remember this book doing more in the 20-25k range), but I look and it's still IDW's third best seller, and far older than either of the books above it. Only the new Sonic book and Star Wars Adventures (which my 6 year old niece loves) are above the TMNT ongoing. Even the trades are some of IDW's best selling in their category. So I guess I won't worry.

Also, the Image reprint seems to be doing well for IDW as well. That makes me happy, as I enjoyed #2 and I've never read volume 3.
TMNT never did that well I don't believe is was always hover around 15k after the first year or so. But its been the low teens since post issue #50 and when we get to a hundred I promise you that issue will see a drastic spike in terms of sales.

Also these sales numbers do not include digital comic sales.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #792
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Do we ever get an idea of digital sales?
Old 07-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #793
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Do we ever get an idea of digital sales?
Unless there's some other way to find out, or if IDW themselves reveal it in press releases, I don't think so. I don't know why Comic Chron doesn't report digital sales, unless there's just no way to keep track of it unless the companies themselves reveal it.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #794
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
TMNT never did that well I don't believe is was always hover around 15k after the first year or so. But its been the low teens since post issue #50 and when we get to a hundred I promise you that issue will see a drastic spike in terms of sales.

Also these sales numbers do not include digital comic sales.
I still remember this book doing more around 20-25k consistently, but that was years ago now. It's been one of IDW's best sellers for a long time.

I mean, it may not be "doing well" for Marvel numbers, but it's consistently been one of IDW's best sellers for years, at least in physical copies and trades. For a while TMNT and MLP were going back and forth as IDW's #1 best seller monthly.

I don't worry too much about this series on IDW's end. Hopefully some Nick exec doesn't make a horrible short-sighted decision and yank the license at some point. I hope this book goes another 300 issues. This has become the definitive version of the TMNT mythos IMO, and it deserves to have a long run and be one of those books people are still talking about 30 years later, like Watchmen or 90s X-Men.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm on a board, not Reddit. Formatting, haha.

Last edited by Joey Kamikaze; 07-20-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #795
CyberCubed
Overlord

July's sales weren't posted here yet:

TMNT Ongoing #84 10,316
TMNT Universe #24 7,075

TMNT Urban Legends #3 7,962
Rise of TMNT #0 7,198

August sales should be interesting because it was the final issue of Universe and the Bebop/Rocksteady mini which is 5 issues.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:53 AM   #796
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

August 2018:

TMNT #85

TMNT BRHtRoad #1

TMNT BRHtRoad #2

TMNT BRHtRoad #3

TMNT BRHtRoad #4

TMNT Urban Legends #4

TMNT BRHtRoad #5

TMNT Universe #25
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #797
CyberCubed
Overlord

The final issue of Universe sold better then the previous issue, that was nice.

The main ongoing is pretty close to slipping under 10k a month, I hope it doesn't but it's possible.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #798
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The final issue of Universe sold better then the previous issue, that was nice.

The main ongoing is pretty close to slipping under 10k a month, I hope it doesn't but it's possible.
I mean it has felt sort of stagnant since around #50-60, am I wrong? I don't have the most informed opinion, because I've only read a couple issues a year since then, but while the twist with Splinter at the end of #50 seemed like a great swerve, I haven't been able to get myself interested since. I think a lot of it has to do with the scripting, personally, but I don't know if I'm in the minority on that.

Still impressive that they've been able to keep the book going so seamlessly, and with integrity.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #799
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

A good part of my lack of interest in the black and white comics is the lack of Shredder (and Krang) throughout nearly the entire series. However, while IDW defeated both Shredder and Krang IDW utilized a wealth of other media elements to mix with its own flavor to widen interest and not have the dependence of them TMNT seems to need. While I would rather have the two villains in play I am still greatly invested in the continued story.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #800
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I mean it has felt sort of stagnant since around #50-60, am I wrong? I don't have the most informed opinion, because I've only read a couple issues a year since then, but while the twist with Splinter at the end of #50 seemed like a great swerve, I haven't been able to get myself interested since. I think a lot of it has to do with the scripting, personally, but I don't know if I'm in the minority on that.

Still impressive that they've been able to keep the book going so seamlessly, and with integrity.
I think the art/design is a big problem and the fact that the turtles are so minimized within their own story.The story feels to grandiose and I feel like TMNT is best when it is being told as there story, not a giant universe.....
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion