The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #41
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Yeah, he did. At least half of them pretty bad.

Some were pretty good, though. I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I did always like the idea of Peter ending up a school teacher. That always seemed like a career that fit the character. Though it is a bit hard to make work.
In Renew Your Vows, Peter recently became a school teacher again, but he teaches photography rather than science, and he's depicted as a fish out of water in that regard due to the fact every student can take photos on smart devices. It'll be fun to see if they can make it work this time, especially with the added wrinkle of trying not to humiliate his daughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Solicits are out and it seems like everyone jumped the gun and it's not a full relaunch again. Just some books are. Captain America is going past issue #700 with the numbering intact, Hulk is keeping its numbering, a lot are, actually, while Spider-Man and Iron Man just hit their milestone issues. The only books that seem to be relaunching right now are Avengers, Black Panther and Venom. So they are keeping with the Legacy stuff, except starting fresh with the books that either already released a movie this year or have one in the pipeline.
Apparently Cap will be relaunched with a new number one in June, with Coates taking over.

Quote:
It's not the darkness that bothers me so much as the fact that a lot of the ideas were really just silly or head shakers. Sins Past was bad, but that's one storyline. The entire run basically revolved around/led up to the Spider Totem nonsense, which is probably the bigger eye roller. At least they've seemed mostly content to pretend Sins Past didn't happen, but I don't think we're ever completely escaping the totem.
Yeah, legendary artist Ron Frenz almost refused to illustrate a short story featuring Gwen unless Sins Past was not directly referenced, and the Spider-Totem got a mention in the previous issue of ASM (and informed a lot of the drama in Spider-Verse)

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 02-23-2018 at 06:43 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #42
Vegita-San
Emperor

I never really got into comics.

Too convoluted. To big a cog machine. No real end goal on where these characters will go or will wind up.

As for Marvel....I will never understand why they went full SJW with those books in the first place. Why change what worked for 50 years, just to pander to an audience that was created and is only around for a few years at best?

What they found out is that SJW's don't support the things that they help create and once they alienate their long term fan base, it's all over for them. Ghostbusters found that out the hard way last year. Star wars is FAST finding this out as it slowly becomes a dying brand. The toy sales are already non existent. and once the general public finds out there is no real end game for the movies other than crank them out one year at a time, I feel like their interest will fade fast too.

IMHO, the genie is already out of the bottle and it's too late to put it back. They took a chance, and lost the gamble, and everything will suffer because of it.

Then you have things like marvel writers and creators attacking fans left and right, simply because they don't like their books.... some going so far to organizing campaigns against them and..

yeah, the current state of comics is a crap storm.

As much as I hate to see people loose jobs....it's best to just implode the whole thing, let it rest for a few years... and then come back and start fresh. focus on story. focus on end game. focus on 5 year plans. focus on NEW characters. focus on making the old ones shine again. Talent and creativity first.

that's what it needs to get back too before it's too late.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #43
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Personally, as far as the new relaunch goes, my only stake is that "All-New Wolverine" is getting canceled and replaced with a new "X-23" series. As interesting as the new series sounds, I'm wary about X-23 getting demoted from a position she earned. Hope the new series is good.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Someone on CBR who works in retail claims X-Men Blue and Gold are ending too
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #45
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I never really got into comics.

Too convoluted. To big a cog machine. No real end goal on where these characters will go or will wind up.

As for Marvel....I will never understand why they went full SJW with those books in the first place. Why change what worked for 50 years, just to pander to an audience that was created and is only around for a few years at best?

What they found out is that SJW's don't support the things that they help create and once they alienate their long term fan base, it's all over for them. Ghostbusters found that out the hard way last year. Star wars is FAST finding this out as it slowly becomes a dying brand. The toy sales are already non existent. and once the general public finds out there is no real end game for the movies other than crank them out one year at a time, I feel like their interest will fade fast too.

IMHO, the genie is already out of the bottle and it's too late to put it back. They took a chance, and lost the gamble, and everything will suffer because of it.

Then you have things like marvel writers and creators attacking fans left and right, simply because they don't like their books.... some going so far to organizing campaigns against them and..

yeah, the current state of comics is a crap storm.

As much as I hate to see people loose jobs....it's best to just implode the whole thing, let it rest for a few years... and then come back and start fresh. focus on story. focus on end game. focus on 5 year plans. focus on NEW characters. focus on making the old ones shine again. Talent and creativity first.

that's what it needs to get back too before it's too late.
The movies are different and do have an end game. Otherwise we'd see Cap fighting Red Skull for the 10th time right now.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote