The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't believe so many lovers of the OT didn't snatch up each DVD as they came out. So you guys probably haven't watched through the show in ages, have you?

Wow. Not only did I rewatch each of my DVDs multiple times, but I now try to rewatch the entire series about once every 2 years or so.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #82
Scud
Hench Mutant

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't believe so many lovers of the OT didn't snatch up each DVD as they came out. So you guys probably haven't watched through the show in ages, have you?
Can't speak for others, but for me it has to do with price. Take Season 3 for instance, since it was split into volumes, I was waiting for the possibility that it would be released into an entire Season collection for cheaper. Like some other TV Show DVDs have done in the past.

And I have been watching through many of the shows on YouTube.

~S~

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #83
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior

I could never find the old releases in store sadly, is why I haven't nabbed them. Recently, I tried to special order Volume 1 from Wal-Mart.com, but ended up having to get a refund when they were horribly incapable of - you know, actually SENDING it to me (guess they couldn't be bothered with such a cheap order...).

This set, not only will save me money in the long run, but if they make it available online as well, they'll be more likely to actually send to me. I would hope.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #84
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I could never find the old releases in store sadly, is why I haven't nabbed them. Recently, I tried to special order Volume 1 from Wal-Mart.com, but ended up having to get a refund when they were horribly incapable of - you know, actually SENDING it to me (guess they couldn't be bothered with such a cheap order...).

This set, not only will save me money in the long run, but if they make it available online as well, they'll be more likely to actually send to me. I would hope.
I ordered virtually all the DVDS online from amazon.com when they came out. I think I only ever bought Season 1 in the store...back then I didn't even know the OT was coming out on DVD so I was so excited.

Remember these DVDs started in 2004...for those of us collecting along the way, it took us 8 years to complete our collection.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #85
Genesis
Stone Warrior

Welp, I sure am glad that I never started collecting the individual season sets.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #86
prophecy718
Hench Mutant

i've actually been buying the releases since 2005. So as each volume/season came out-- i bought it.

Even tho i have the entire series on dvd already, I might buy this set for collection purposes.
prophecy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #87
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I ordered virtually all the DVDS online from amazon.com when they came out. I think I only ever bought Season 1 in the store...back then I didn't even know the OT was coming out on DVD so I was so excited.

Remember these DVDs started in 2004...for those of us collecting along the way, it took us 8 years to complete our collection.
I bought them all as they came out myself, but the only ones I bought in stores were volume 6 (last few episodes of season 3) and season 10. I usually buy DVD sets online since they tend to be cheaper that way, but I found the aforementioned to to actually be cheaper in the stores.

I got season 8 before I got season 7 though, because when season 7 first came out, it was split into four volumes. I think I just wasn't ready to get them, but once I found out that season 7 would be released as a whole, I waited until DeepDiscount was having their second 25% off sale of the year to snatch it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy718 View Post

Even tho I have the entire series on DVD already, I might buy this set for collection purposes.
Me too, especially since I'm thinking it comes with a booklet. I might sell my individual copies but in a way I don't really want to. I kind of like the cover art for the season 6 set.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only way I can justify a double dip is if:

a) Somehow the Turtle Tip shorts are included

b) Planet of the Turtleoids and Once Upon a Time Machine are put back in their proper order

c) The episodes are of higher quality than the past DVDs

Knowing that all 3 of these are very unlikely...I just can't justify it. The DVDs will also get all scratched sitting in a plastic toy.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #89
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I have to have this. PLEASE is it coming out in REGION 2???

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #90
Leo656
The Franchise

I do feel kinda stupid since I have the entire series already but I didn't think they'd bother with this, and I've double-dipped for less worthy causes. If anything, I'll buy it in the hopes they'll get the message that stuff like this was what they needed to do years ago.

'Cubed, I like ya, bro, I do, but the Turtle Tips shorts? Ain't happenin'. Kreskin and Nostradamus BOTH looked into the future and replied, "Nobody working on the DVD sets gives a damn about some pre/post-commercial bumpers from a cartoon from 20 years ago". I'm sure many of them have been scrapped, erased, deleted, and just plain don't exist anymore, unless the company was to solicit some fan to send in their old VHS tapes of eps taped from Saturday morning, and they're not going to. It's just not happenin' bro.

I like you, and I want you to have a happy life. But this obsession with Turtle Tips is a one-way ticket to disappointment. Be glad they gave enough of a sh*t to give us what they did. I wasn't counting on even that.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #91
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"

The dvd's are the same that came with all the other seasons. It's just repackaged. I'm pretty sure they didn't just put the dvd's in a plastic toy, I'm sure they're held by something sturdy. And this isn't new. What about 'Friends', 'Seinfeld', 'King of Queens', 'Everybody Loves Raymond', and countless other series. I remember feeling pissed about Friends when I realized the series set looked better. And I still want the Seinfeld box set. It happens.

I may wait until the end of 'The Walking Dead' and 'Breaking Bad' until I buy the collections, because I'm almost certain they're going to come out with a series box set.

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #92
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
'Cubed, I like you, and I want you to have a happy life. But this obsession with Turtle Tips is a one-way ticket to disappointment.
It's not just Turtle Tips he's obsessed with.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #93
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
The dvd's are the same that came with all the other seasons. It's just repackaged.
What makes you present this likely scenario as fact? O_o

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #94
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And just when I bought each DVD as they came out...
Yes I got all 10 Seasons on DVD already. If I knew this was going to happen I would have waited until the turtle van box came out.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #95
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I actually oreered season 10 about a day or two before they announced this box set.

Not that it would have mattered, as I've been getting each release since they started in 2004. I like the series well-enough, but not enough to double dip for what's essentially the exact same product but in a new package.

"Talking Malibu Stacy with NEW HAT" indeed.

As for Turtle Tips? Meh. I'd have liked em, but there's always you tube for such minutea. I'm just relieved they conceded to including the skipped episodes on the last release so I actually have *all* the episodes. If Lions Gate had REALLY wanted to be a bunch of d-bags, they'd have saved the 3 skipped episodes for the Turtle Van set and FORCED people to double dip.

Let's just be grateful they didn't think of that.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #96
Brandon
Random Punk

For people worried about the housing just get DVD cases and put them in it

I am getting it because it's cheaper and i already have a stack of dvd cases (that house up to 5 dvds in each) and high res printed covers. The van is nice to have as a collectable i suppose but it's too cheap looking to want on my shelves and yeah the housing of the DVDs concerns me. Over time it looks like they would get scratched but again DVD cases are cheap and so is kinkos.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #97
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I have to admit, I am curious to know what this thing is:

My guess it either bonus disc (super unlikely given the original press release) or (more likely) an episode listing. I think an episode list would almost be a necessity considering that most of the previous listings we go were on the back of the old DVD cases.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #98
ToTheNines
[sic]

I want a CD of the back ground music... Now.

I'd pay $200 if it came with that.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #99
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP, gobo View Post
What makes you present this likely scenario as fact? O_o
Well this is something I posted somewhere else, explaining why this might be the existing discs repackaged and "re-skinned" like DonatelloFan thinks. Also, refer to this picture:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics...plete_bty2.jpg

I observed the way the discs were placed in the set, and how some of them have the same kind of artwork. Going from front to back, it's like this:
- The first disc is green (first season/volume)
- The second disc is orange (second season/volume)
- The third through sixth discs are light green (four discs made up the third season in individual volumes)
- The seventh through eleventh discs are red (season 4 was a five-disc set)
- The twelfth through fourteenth discs are blue (season 5 was a three-disc set)
- The fifteenth and sixteenth discs are purple (season 6 was a two-disc set)
- The seventeenth through twentieth discs are light orange (season 7 was a four-disc set)
- The twenty-first disc is dark blue (eighth season)
- The twenty-second disc is brown (ninth season)
- The twenty-third disc is dark purple (tenth season)

So it's most likely the existing discs with different artwork, and will just have the same content as they have on the individual sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I have to admit, I am curious to know what this thing is:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56...DVDmystery.jpg

My guess it either bonus disc (super unlikely given the original press release) or (more likely) an episode listing. I think an episode list would almost be a necessity considering that most of the previous listings we go were on the back of the old DVD cases.
It's probably a booklet that has an episode guide.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #100
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

It's gotta be an episode listing. There's no way they would sell this thing without one, especially with the discs being re-labeled as 'disc 1' 'disc 2' etc....
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote