The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Wish Batman Returns was on that. What a great beat em up by Konami
Old 06-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #22
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I'm really glad that Earthbound is included in the list. The Mother series deserves more modern day representation and with this more people will be able to make play it. (LOCALIZE MOTHER 3!!!)

The rest of the games included are a good pick, but I agree that thing they're doing with Star Fox 2 is stupid.

I won't be getting this as I'd prefer an actual SNES, but I hope you guys have fun trying to track one down when it comes out! *heh heh*
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #23
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

wow all selling out, glad I ordered one. Star Fox 2 is the big seller for me, love the new art

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #24
sdp
-

Of course they'll sell out, its scalpers paradise.

The selection of games is awesome, I can't believe people are complaining. Maybe it's not for you but for what it is, it's awesome. I won't be getting one, I'd rather just have a retropi instead but awesome games plus an official Star Fox 2 release + SFX games that haven't had official releases since the SNES.

We don't know if these controllers will have the Wii switch or are usb yet right? They don't seem to be using the Wii Switch, so here's hoping they're USB. Even though this time they don't seem like they will sell them separately since they're including two already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Where the heck is Turtles In Time? Its not just thr most praised Ninja Turtles game, but an often cited favorite among gamers. Is it a copyright problem? I would have bought it for that and Super Mario World alone,but now no sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
is it too much to ask for nick to get the legal rights to the turtle video games so they can finally be re released?
some of the most popular gams on the system, not available.
I'm surprised these classic systems even have third party games that Nintendo has to share money with but yeah it's too much of a hassle to even include licensed games. For example Turtles in Time would require Konami and whoever has the rights now to license it to Nintendo. For that price they'd rather just give you a game from both Capcom and Square Enix instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
that's what I don't get.

something like this should be easily producible for YEARS.
Why is a giant company like nintendo having shortage problems?

something isn't adding up here.
Again, Nintendo is Nintendo. As to why they did what they did with the NES Mini, as I posted on the NES Mini thread, here's some speculation educated speculation.

Nintendo needed a new product for holiday 2016 since the Wii U wasn't going to do anything for them nor did it have a big game. So they decided to produce NES Minis as a holiday item. This would also help them get rid of some of their Wii left over stuff since they share hardware cheapening the costs and it helped keep the factories busy with Nintendo products. In the tech world if you aren't manufacturing something they sell the space to another company and Nintendo was going to need that for the Switch so they weren't going to just hand it over and then pay more money to have what they already did.

They likely researched how much the Atari Flashbacks/Sega consoles were selling each holiday (since they release a new one each holiday pretty much) and decided to produce that many. They didn't expect it to be this huge hit and tried to make a few more but were limited.

So why did they decide to stop production?
As mentioned to focus on the Switch and they hadn't seen how much demand this product was going to have. For the SNES classic to be released this year it means it had to have already been in the schedule so they were met with the decision to make more NES or cancel the already in development SNES classic and they chose to go with their plans already in place.

Could it be because Nintendo realized that they were selling it too cheaply? Partly but I doubt that was the main reason. I think the NES classic will come back with different games in the holidays of 2018 and they'll be rotating it with the SNES classic. They'll have different games in each release as well but always include some of the "main" ones like Mario. Atari/Sega have been doing this for many years, Nintendo just wants part of that. I don't see Nintendo doing a N64 mini or Game Boy mini sadly.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Where the heck is Turtles In Time? Its not just thr most praised Ninja Turtles game, but an often cited favorite among gamers. Is it a copyright problem? I would have bought it for that and Super Mario World alone,but now no sell.
Do you people have no idea how videogame licenses work? Konami no longer owns the rights to TMNT, but Turtles in Time the game is owned by them. Nintendo isn't going to work with Konami to get TMNT on this when they would also have to make a deal with Viacom, etc.

It's the same reason the TMNT games were never released on the Wii Virtual Console after Konami lost the rights to Ubisoft for TMNT games back in 2007.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #26
Storm Eagle
Saved by

They had me at Star Fox 2.

So according to this article, the controller cords will be longer than the ones for the NES Classic controllers. They'll be about five feet long.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/n...193700123.html
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
They had me at Star Fox 2.

So according to this article, the controller cords will be longer than the ones for the NES Classic controllers. They'll be about five feet long.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/n...193700123.html
and I bet Nintendo will make it so nobody can hack the SNES Classic Edition this time around.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #28
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
and I bet Nintendo will make it so nobody can hack the SNES Classic Edition this time around.
I don't know why I even bothered.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:03 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I don't know why I even bothered.
but it'll eventually get hacked once they figure it out.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Do these things even play normal SNES carts? I'll just keep my SNES, thank you.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #31
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's the same reason the TMNT games were never released on the Wii Virtual Console after Konami lost the rights to Ubisoft for TMNT games back in 2007.
But a TMNT game did show up on the Wii Virtual Console after that. The first one. Konami and Ubisoft collaborated not only on the release of that, but the original arcade game on Xbox 360, as well as Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:42 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
But a TMNT game did show up on the Wii Virtual Console after that. The first one. Konami and Ubisoft collaborated not only on the release of that, but the original arcade game on Xbox 360, as well as Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.
TMNT 1 came out on the Virtual Console in early 2007, which was literally the first and only game they released for it because Ubisoft got the full license for the 2007 movie and for the next few years. And yeah, Re-shelled and stuff is because they made a conscience decision to deliver remakes. It's fairly obvious Ubisoft had to cut a deal with Konami to remake one of their old games.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #33
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Do these things even play normal SNES carts?
Ha!
Of course they don't. This is Nintendo after all.
If they did then play them, then they couldn't churn out more of these with different games in a few years.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:58 PM   #34
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

The entitlement in this thread is astonishing. It's a novelty item, people. Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Cure; 06-27-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:50 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the thing is the vast majority of people who post here don't know much about the industry or games. Too many casuals.

In any case, the vast majority of these games are up on the Virtual Consoles, with the exception of Starfox and Starfox 2. So if you want any of these games and don't want to buy this, you can get them all easily. In fact I wonder if the two SNES Starfox games will be put up on the Virtual Console now.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:27 AM   #36
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Japan is getting the Super Famicom Mini as well

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...ames-for-japan

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:05 AM   #37
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Yeah, but if you read the article, you'll see they are actually getting stiffed on some of the better games present!
Old 06-27-2017, 05:26 AM   #38
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Can't you just buy the cartridge and slot it in?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:37 AM   #39
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
The entitlement in this thread is astonishing. It's a novelty item, people. Jesus Christ.
Can't say I'm surprised, especially not here.

I think this is great.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:35 AM   #40
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Can't you just buy the cartridge and slot it in?
I do not believe that it works that way. Games are previously downloaded into the smaller sized gane console. What comes with it is all that can be played on it