The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How many different VAs did the OT Turtles have? You'd think they would've just kept one official "back up" VA turtle for each one instead of constantly having different ones.
Leo and Mike never had any alternate VA's, only Don and Raph did.

And Don's alternate voice is only in about 5 episodes, it only feels like more than that because it was mostly during Season 3 which people watch more than the other seasons.

Raph's alternate voice was in two Season 3 eps and the Euro eps. His new voice in Season 10 was actually pretty decent for the last 8 eps of the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #42
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I guess that's fair, though I wonder if it can be that simple, as the FW cartoon was a unionized production. There's no way his union would have let them reduce his pay like that willy nilly, unless everyone else's got chopped, too (so, maybe that?). And there's no way it was a scheduling thing.

Still, at the end of the day probably the amount of ratings falling as a direct result of his leaving/recasting: 0.
I read it on a website in the form of an interview sometime ago. I can't find it in an initial search. If you like I can dig some more. I read it then created this thread to answer this second question....five years ago.

Perhaps dropping ratings allowed for reduced pay? Just guessing.

What would Rob had been up to in 1990 to prrvent his VA recording? Really sick? Really booked?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #43
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Raph's alternate voice was in two Season 3 eps and the Euro eps. His new voice in Season 10 was actually pretty decent for the last 8 eps of the show.
There's actually four different Raph voice actors (including Rob). I think Don's/Bebop's alternate VA was just the one guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
You'd think they would've just kept one official "back up" VA turtle for each one instead of constantly having different ones.
Yeah that was weird and inconsistent. I dunno why Raph had so many alternatives and Don/Bebop didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What would Rob had been up to in 1990 to prrvent his VA recording? Really sick? Really booked?
Yeah see that's what I was wondering. I don't think back in 1990 he was that big yet, but I'm sure he had a few other projects.

Last edited by Lisardo; 05-08-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:38 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
I think there's like 3 alternate Raph voice actors. One for S3, one for the Euro eps, and one for S10. And I HATED the VA for those few S3 eps! Esp. in the Ninja Sword of Nowhere ep.
He was my least favourite of the three. I liked the one in season 10 alot while the European vacation one I found just ok just like Jim Cummings as Shredder who is good despite not sounding like Avery.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #45
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
He was my least favourite of the three. I liked the one in season 10 alot while the European vacation one I found just ok just like Jim Cummings as Shredder who is good despite not sounding like Avery.
I rate them all the same too. I also found it interesting how Townsend Coleman substituted for Splinter a couple of times. I could barely tell actually. And Townsend wasn't bad as Krang either, tho it sounded a bit weird.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:52 PM   #46
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
I rate them all the same too. I also found it interesting how Townsend Coleman substituted for Splinter a couple of times. I could barely tell actually. And Townsend wasn't bad as Krang either, tho it sounded a bit weird.
His most hilarious moment as Krang was in the love potion episode. He even said in an interview he regrets doing Krang. Not surprising, since his Krang impression is so bizzare and random its hilarious.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #47
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I never got a real answer to this question like I did for why he left the series nefore the final season. Could someone who has a Twitter account ask Rob Paulsen himself? Thanks in advance to who does so.
Just to add to this the network said he could be replaced and that's what they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
His most hilarious moment as Krang was in the love potion episode. He even said in an interview he regrets doing Krang. Not surprising, since his Krang impression is so bizzare and random its hilarious.
I never liked his Krang. It was far too bubbly and high pitched.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fred wolf series, rob paulsen