The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-08-2005, 01:05 AM   #141
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

This guy hasn't been around long, has he?

Yamauchi's ALWAYS been like this, since he was hatched from that egg in the Triasic peroid.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:09 AM   #142
Super Moderator

That may be so, but...that doesn't really give the guy any right to make assumptions like that, you know? It kind of destroys his credibility, if he even has any.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:12 AM   #143
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

I'd say he's got plenty, given that he pretty much single handedly saved the videogame industry. Then again, if it wasn't for Atari, there woulden't have been an industry in the first place, so no crash woulda happend, and Nintendo would still be making kids toys.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:22 AM   #144
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Yamauchi is god. Simple as that. We must bow in worship. Articles like that are the reason we love it when he comes out. He's a mean old bastard and that's why Nintendo and gaming in general is still around today.

Also, I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear anything that "Spatocks" dude said.

He must worship Yamauchi or he will forsake him immortal soul.

Now THIS is how you start the year.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:23 AM   #145
Super Moderator

...or you're a fanboy who doesn't like to listen to other opinions. Oh well.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:42 AM   #146
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

*EDIT*

http://middaysoftware.com/MinhsBlogs/articles/223.aspx

DAMNIT! Now I'm pissed *sigh*

The article is false, so I removed all quotes.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:53 AM   #147
Super Moderator

Okay, that's enough. You're the worst person I've ever met. What the hell is your problem, anyway? Do you really know what goes on around you outside of Nintendo? LOOK AT THESE OTHER COMPANIES! Sony is in more markets than Nintendo could ever be, same with Microsoft. Microsoft's leader is a MASSIVE BILLIONAIRE! If any of these two companies slip up, it's no big deal. Nintendo, on the other hand, has no other markets but their video games. If they ever make a slipup like Virtual Boy again, they might as well kiss their ass goodbye. They have DS, but that'll reduce their company to something insignificant. If Nintendo ever does go under, what will you do? Hang yourself from your ceiling fan? Give me a f*cking break. Look around and see that even if these guys mess up, they're not going anywhere. Nintendo might. There's always that chance. And what if DS ends up being something like Dreamcast? It was so advanced for its time, that it just went under. Look where Sega is now. Sucking wang and making half-ass games. Good job, Sega. You're washed up. You guys have your heads so far up Nintendo's ass, it's ridiculous. I can't believe you guys can sleep at night knowing this.

I'm leaving this thread. F*ck this. Every post is the same, anyway. I'm also changing the thread name to something more appropriate.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:59 AM   #148
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Dude, if you'll notice, the article was proved false, which basically underminds everything I said, and gives us all no grounds to stand on, again. Geez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
If Nintendo ever does go under, what will you do? Hang yourself from your ceiling fan?.
[JOKE] Don't give me ideas. [/JOKE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Takahashi
Do you really know what goes on around you outside of Nintendo?
Yes. I read they're buisness reports, press releases, interviews, stock quotes, purchases, and releases, everything. I watch them as hard as I can because I don't like them in the slightest. Know thy enemy. And by they way, I don't understand why I'm being accused when the article is fake anyway. Heck, that's all I posted. It's not your fault. The things all over the internet.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:23 AM   #149
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Seeing Ai and TMB fight makes Mecha cry.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:41 AM   #150
Super Moderator

I got carried away there. I'm sorry. Like I said before, the fanboy stuff gets really annoying. Guess I'm coming back in. And I posted that before he edited his post, so I didn't know it was false.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:51 AM   #151
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Meh, no big deal.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:54 AM   #152
Super Moderator

Oh, with a reply like that, I guess I really pissed you off. I'm sorry, really. After some thought, I came to the conclusion that I should really not care about this so much, because I'm a fanboy of the games. I'm not bound to companies like some people are. This really is the only interesting thread on the board anymore. Everything else is is kind of empty...
Old 01-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #153
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Nah, it didn't really piss me off. It was 4:30AM and my fingers were tired.

I got a little carried away in the ranting department. I had a realization a couple nights ago that made me come to the conclusion that basically, the only games left I want to play almost all come from Nintendo. They're also about the only one who has retained most of they're old image and glory. Capcom's lost Resident Evil after 4, and they're driving Mega Man to kiddy ridden hell. We're probobly never going to see Street Fighter IV either. Sega, is basically dead. Unless they pull a quick 180, screw it. That article was right about that. They produce "Kids" titles, and Sonic just isn't the epitome of "cool" he once was. That dosen't mean I won't follow it until they drive him completely in the ground. There's always a chance that the Sega we knew will come back, but with Sammy running the books, it's doubtful. They're sports division is basically getting closed off by EA which is sad, because Sega Sports was once the kings brand of sports games (Ahh Daytona). They just lost all they're spark after the Dreamcast died. Irem killed R-Type thanks to Sony's 2D quality control, and Konami better pull some slick sh*t soon.

Honestly, most other games just seem shallow to me. Halo 2's good, but I can't see buying a dying console for it. Other than that, Xbox's days are numbered. Hell, it'd be dead already without that game (or still born without the first).

I just got disapointed about the article because we rarely seem to get any kind of ass kicking from Nintendo, and I truly wanted to believe Yamauchi said the PSP looked like a giant penis. We need more attitude, and they need a complete image shift. They're trying too hard to do with with the cameo games. They need to do something more simple. Just advertise. It'll cost money, but if you don't spend it, you don't make it. *sigh*
Old 01-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #154
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

my $0.02.

As I've said before, the day Nintendo goes is the day I stop playing video games. Some third parties release quality games, yes, but they just don't have that "oomph" I get out of a Nintendo game.

I'd love to see Nintendo in the #1 spot again, if only for the reassurance that they arn't going anywhere for a long while.

Also, Ai, you bring up an interesting point... Sony and Microsoft really do have their hands in everything. What's to say that if the video game market crashes, they won't just pull out? It won't be making them money, so they pry won't care about reviving it. Nintendo, on the other hand, depends entirely on that market to make it's earnings (as of now, the only other things they have are merch, and the Pokemon Card Game division (and that actually pulls in more money then you'd think...)). If the market crashes, you can bet your ass they'll be there trying to bring it back just like they did in the 80's.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #155
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I have a feeling this is why Yamauchi started the film division. It will give them a backup income source, just in case. At the very least it could be pulling in extra cash during Revolution's launch since they're bound to loose money at first (like everyone does at launches.....except DS ). The more money the better. I have a feeling they want to expand, and this is the first small step to test the waters. Make a damn Zelda movie Nintendo. That'll bring in a couple hundred million yen or so.

There is one thing that's been looming in my mind for a while though. When Yamauchi eventually dies (*shudder*), who gets his shares? If they go to his family, or more spacifically, his daughter, then we're fu**ed. She hates the man so much, I believe she's sell just to get him from the grave. I've seen her in videos, and she is a royal b*tch. That has always worried me.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:13 PM   #156
Peanut
Second Gear

In some more happy news, I beat Paper Mario 2 tonight. Boy was that an awesome game. Tons of great twists and turns. Probably my favourite game of 2004.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:20 PM   #157
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

TMB, do you think the man's that stupid? He'll sell his shares to Iwata for cheap to keep it in the company. I woulden't be supprised if it's in his will, which you KNOW he's made out already. Actualy, Miyamoto and Iwata'll pry get equal shares, now that i think about it.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:40 PM   #158
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

*hits self on head*

I completely forgot. Him and Lincoln were changing the will a few weeks ago to fix it so that his share of the baseball team went to Nintendo Co. Limited when he croked. The MLB srugged off the whole think cuz it didn't really make a difference in how it was run. End of that problem I guess .

New order of buisness...

What suprise do you think Nintendo will be unleashing close to the PSP's US launch.

My guess is the DS's hopefully "free" online plans. Imagine this. The Pokemon series was made for online, but the majority of "trainers" are below the age of 12. They can't pay monthly/yearly fees. If it's free, they'll shut down the whole damn internet, kill the PSP in both regions, and relight the flameof Poke'mania all in one stroke. That's my guess for the next three months.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #159
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I think the DS will just keep releasing games like it is now. It doesnt need to worry about the PSP. SOny whores are going to buy it and then its going to break and they will get mad at Sony. They will relaize the PSP is crap and doesnt have wireless chat, duel screens, and a crappy battery life. OH WOW I can play all the games I own for my PS2 on a handheld. That means i have to re-buy them all for 30 dollars! THATS SO....stupid. Not to mention it uses disks which are bigger and easier to drop and scratch then a really small chip. Also hard to take on the road with you. And the PSP has moving parts so if you drop it it will break easier.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:56 PM   #160
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Actually, I think the games are more like $40-$50.

And TMB, you should know better... the Pokemaina never ended. Ruby/Sapphire were at what? Some 5 million units in the US alone the year they came out?

Anywho, if PSP starts to sell, all Nintendo needs to do is say these words "Pokemon MMORPG, free online gaming". Granted, they need to do that anyway. As much as I love Pokemon the RPG's are getting old. Also, if you connect to a server, they can create new characters on the fly, new towns on the fly, new gyms whenever they want, and they can have yearly world championship battles (same weekend as the Pokemon TCG worlds, perhaps?). It'd be more addictive then Everquest, but you could take it with you. Include a blank GBA cart for save data, or that new SD card media thing.