The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-25-2018, 04:03 PM   #41
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Okay so why does it already say it's sold out?! I thought it didn't go live for another hour!
I think that message was displayed before they updated the site for the sale. It's live now, and I was able to put through my order for the EX. Paid in full to save $100.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:05 PM   #42
Dizmone
Thug

Ugh, had it in my cart, was gonna pull the trigger and decided to pass. This statue is so cool, but I need to save my hobby funds for whatever is revealed at SDCC. Too many good things coming out in a short time.
Dizmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:11 PM   #43
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Anyone know how quick these typically show up on Sideshow for pre-order?
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:35 PM   #44
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Anyone know how quick these typically show up on Sideshow for pre-order?
I don't know exactly, but I do know that you can only get the exclusive version though PCS. And while you can earn rewards points at Sideshow, PCS does give you the 20% discount if you pay in full upfront.

Maybe give Sideshow a call tomorrow and ask if they know when they'll be offering it.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #45
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

PCS said they would be selling the basic version through Sideshow. They didn't say when but at least we know they will.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:16 PM   #46
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I caved and put down my deposit

Never thought I'd see the day I'd own statues for the OT...
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:03 PM   #47
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

These are awesome
But I can't justify the expense right now
I have the coldcast and comiquettes already
Old 06-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #48
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

BBTS is shipping included in listed price?

Has anyone ordered statues from BBTS? I am curious if the listing price includes shipping? I’m in WA state.

Say the statue is $500. Is that the price I’ll pay? Or if I purchase a $500 statue will it actually be more like $550.00?

Or if I order several items and shopping cart is like $700. When I proceed will the total be bumped up like another $100 because of shipping?

Thanks!
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:22 AM   #49
bikybybo
New Recruit

Putting a fair warning out there. Highly recommend getting these through a third party distributor! Popcultureshock is riddled with piss poor customer service. There are no hard delivery dates despite their claims, they'll take their time delivering the product. Every statute I have in hand from them has taken nearly 2 or more years from preorder date. They have no qualms delaying releases multiple times and will refuse to refund your deposits.

They still have $1000+ worth of my deposits on statues nearing the 2 year anniversary preorder date. All of the statues have long missed the delivery dates and a push for getting a refund on my deposits have gone unanswered. Others with issues with unanswered emails are going to the Facebook page demanding an answer, only to be deleted.

Think twice before forking your money over.
bikybybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:16 AM   #50
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikybybo View Post
Putting a fair warning out there. Highly recommend getting these through a third party distributor! Popcultureshock is riddled with piss poor customer service. There are no hard delivery dates despite their claims, they'll take their time delivering the product. Every statute I have in hand from them has taken nearly 2 or more years from preorder date. They have no qualms delaying releases multiple times and will refuse to refund your deposits.

They still have $1000+ worth of my deposits on statues nearing the 2 year anniversary preorder date. All of the statues have long missed the delivery dates and a push for getting a refund on my deposits have gone unanswered. Others with issues with unanswered emails are going to the Facebook page demanding an answer, only to be deleted.

Think twice before forking your money over.
I'd like to provide another perspective.

Yes, you should expect to wait around 2 years to get your statue. But the company will not rip you off or steal your money. I don't have experience trying to recoup a nonrefundable deposit, though I do recommend calling them rather than e-mailing.

If you like the statue, order it feeling secure that you'll get it. You just need to be patient while waiting.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:31 AM   #51
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Has anyone ordered statues from BBTS? I am curious if the listing price includes shipping? I’m in WA state.

Say the statue is $500. Is that the price I’ll pay? Or if I purchase a $500 statue will it actually be more like $550.00?

Or if I order several items and shopping cart is like $700. When I proceed will the total be bumped up like another $100 because of shipping?

Thanks!
Shipping is not included with Big Bad Toy Store. But I believe that they have a $4 flat shipping option. Of course, by the time these actually get released, they may not offer that any more. All that being said, none of the other options mentioned here include shipping either, and they charge far more than $4

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #52
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Shipping is not included with Big Bad Toy Store. But I believe that they have a $4 flat shipping option. Of course, by the time these actually get released, they may not offer that any more. All that being said, none of the other options mentioned here include shipping either, and they charge far more than $4
Okay. That $4 flat rate sounds good. Thanks!

So did you order from PCS? If yes, what did you get the basic or Ex?
Old 06-27-2018, 10:56 AM   #53
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Okay. That $4 flat rate sounds good. Thanks!

So did you order from PCS? If yes, what did you get the basic or Ex?
Just to throw this out there:

- If you order from Sideshow, you will have to pay for shipping but will receive 5% back in rewards points you can use on a future order. You can also pay in installments. (no tax unless you're in CA)

- If you order from PCS, you will have to pay for shipping but you can save 20% off the order if you pay in full upfront. You can pay in installments if you wish. (no tax, unless you're in NC, I think)
Old 06-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #54
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Just to throw this out there:

- If you order from Sideshow, you will have to pay for shipping but will receive 5% back in rewards points you can use on a future order. You can also pay in installments. (no tax unless you're in CA)

- If you order from PCS, you will have to pay for shipping but you can save 20% off the order if you pay in full upfront. You can pay in installments if you wish. (no tax, unless you're in NC, I think)
I see one of the options for ordering with PCS is saving 5% if you pay a $100 deposit and $31.25 a month until payed in full.

So basically your not saving much because shipping cost will eat that 5% saved.

In the end it might equal out to having payed full price with the equivalent of free shipping. I suppose it depends on if shipping is more than the 5%.

How good is this company on guaranteeing a mint product if it arrives damaged?

Last edited by TurtleWA; 06-27-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #55
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I see one of the options for ordering with PCS is saving 5% if you pay a $100 deposit and $31.25 a month until payed in full.

So basically your not saving much because shipping cost will eat that 5% saved.

In the end it might equal out to having payed full price with the equivalent of free shipping. I suppose it depends on if shipping is more than the 5%.

How good is this company on guaranteeing a mint product if it arrives damaged?

It's Sideshow that does the 5% in rewards. That doesn't do much for you unless you intend to buy from them again (which I guess you would, if you intend to get the entire line). But you're right, the shipping will be more than the 5% you get back.

The best value is to pay fully upfront with PCS for 20% off. I've purchased 6 statues from them. I had a heck of a time getting a replacement for a He-Man statue several years ago, but every order with them since has been fine. I had some trouble getting them to respond to an e-mail but called them and they took care of the issue the same day.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #56
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's Sideshow that does the 5% in rewards. That doesn't do much for you unless you intend to buy from them again (which I guess you would, if you intend to get the entire line).
If anyone is factoring the customer rewards points from Sideshow into their decision about where to buy, just be aware that you don't get credit for the points until at least a month after the item ships (I assume so that the return window has closed) So PCS may end up doing the preorders for all of the Turtles before you would ever have the points from the first one to be able to use them. So in other words, don't count on using the points from one towards the next one.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:24 PM   #57
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
It's Sideshow that does the 5% in rewards. That doesn't do much for you unless you intend to buy from them again (which I guess you would, if you intend to get the entire line). But you're right, the shipping will be more than the 5% you get back.
It’s also PCS that does a 5% off option. Photo below is from the PCS website. https://popcultureshocktoys.com/en/tmnt-raphael-14-ex

Last edited by TurtleWA; 07-15-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #58
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
@tmntman it sounds like your going with BBTS?
No. I ordered from PCS's web site, mainly because I wanted to get the exclusive version. Also, I kind of prefer to pay upfront even if it doesn't make much financial sense. But with so many items that were released lately for the TMNT license, having thousands of dollars in preorders that could suddenly arrive and come due for payment in a short time is annoying. So having some of the large items paid off other than the shipping avoids a sudden cash crunch in the future.

Alternatively, I probably would have ordered from Sideshow as I have almost $400 in credit there from buying the Sideshow TMNT statues, and Prime One statues. But if not for those two factors, I would have no reservations ordering from BBTS either.

Last edited by tmntman; 06-27-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #59
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
No. I ordered from PCS's web site, mainly because I wanted to get the exclusive version. Also, I kind of prefer to pay upfront even if it doesn't make much financial sense. But with so many items that were released lately for the TMNT license, having thousands of dollars in preorders that could suddenly arrive and come due for payment in a short time is annoying. So having some of the large items paid off other than the shipping avoids a sudden cash crunch in the future.

Alternatively, I probably would have ordered from Sideshow as I have almost $400 in credit there from buying the Sideshow TMNT statues, and Prime One statues. But if not for those two factors, I would have no reservations ordering from BBTS either.
Cool. I went ahead and ordered yesterday. Knowing someone like yourself supports this company helps me feel more confident that the product will be quality. I don’t mind the wait. I was just concerned that PCS wouldn’t offer replacement parts if something went wrong. But I doubt anything will. I know BBTS has very good exchange policies. I’ve talked with another collector and it sounds like PCS is trustworthy. So it’s all good.

Have you heard if Sideshow has anything TMNT related planned for the future? You know so you can use the credits? Does that ever expire? I missed out on the last Sideshow releases. I could still get the basic Mikey & Don from BBTS I suppose. But I would want the exclusives.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #60
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

The more I keep looking at these the more i want em
I just don't know what to do