Lampy
Stone Warrior

Oh im so in...
Will young Matt Murdock be making a cameo? Hahah jk
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #122
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Having the print copy of Odyssey in my hands... the production quality is just so high! Now I'm in the mood for Origin, even if it may be a while before this one ever sees print!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #123
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
Oh im so in...
Will young Matt Murdock be making a cameo? Hahah jk
We don't revisit those aspects of the origin. Think bigger. For example, "Why was Splinter a special rat that could learn ninjitsu?"
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:55 AM   #124
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We don't revisit those aspects of the origin. Think bigger. For example, "Why was Splinter a special rat that could learn ninjitsu?"
Excited to have that detail potentially 'ratconned' to make sense! It always bugged me that he learned ninjitsu when he was just a rat.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:45 AM   #125
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Excited to have that detail potentially 'ratconned' to make sense! It always bugged me that he learned ninjitsu when he was just a rat.
I just chalked that up to intelligence Rats are smarter than they appear. But collectively they are pretty dumb.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #126
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
I just chalked that up to intelligence Rats are smarter than they appear. But collectively they are pretty dumb.
But even if he were as smart as a human, physically things just don't match up between humans and rats... this part in particular made me :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamato...iTMNTcomic.jpg

I know the 1st issue was more parody than serious biz, and granted this is a series where mutant anthropomorphism and interdimensional travel is the norm, but something about it just irks me.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #127
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I was sold on Dr. X being a main cast character, more sold with an Obligado capstone story, more sold on answering "big questions", such as the previously mentioned "what made Splinter so special that he could learn ninjitsu?"

Though, I must ask why Dr. Xeinos is the tagalong Utrom, rather than say, Glurin, who might be more suited to a Donatello story? Was there need for one more female character along side Jhanna and April, and Xeinos fit the bill? Would she have answers to the turtles origins that Glurin does not? Is it because of her medical training? All of those things? I'm happy to see her get some spotlight, though.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:55 AM   #128
Ceres
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I was sold on Dr. X being a main cast character, more sold with an Obligado capstone story, more sold on answering "big questions", such as the previously mentioned "what made Splinter so special that he could learn ninjitsu?"

Though, I must ask why Dr. Xeinos is the tagalong Utrom, rather than say, Glurin, who might be more suited to a Donatello story? Was there need for one more female character along side Jhanna and April, and Xeinos fit the bill? Would she have answers to the turtles origins that Glurin does not? Is it because of her medical training? All of those things? I'm happy to see her get some spotlight, though.
Maybe Glurin has Utrom Midterms in College who knows lol. He sure would love to join this mission if he got the chance for it seeing as his bestie Donatello is also on board. Great news on Xeinos though, i love to see more about her .

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #129
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

Andrew may have a better answer for you but knowing him & his previous work I'd say it's due to Image's Vol. 3 being his main squeeze. Integrating elements of it into other material is kinda his thing (I'm with it, yo!).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:39 PM   #130
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
you've got a very good point there!
Old 03-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #131
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Dr. X is the one who extrapolates the location of the center of the universe as well as the tech (with a little posthumous help from Obligado) to get there. Doesn't mean that Glurin doesn't appear at all, though. There's also a somewhat maternal relationship with Leatherhead there, for obvious reasons.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #132
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, alright then . I love me some Mama Xeinos too, so there's another plus.

How's the progress with this project, by the way? I know a while ago that the script was close to being wrapped up.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #133
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Quote:

How's the progress with this project, by the way? I know a while ago that the script was close to being wrapped up.
I am interested in the answer as well!
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:20 AM   #134
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
I am interested in the answer as well!
Not as far as I'd like. I've kind of been hedging my bets hoping for an "Origin" that includes a Steve Murphy Obligado finisher, not entirely willing to prepare for one without one. But if that's the case, then that's the case. But if so, that necessitates a "Plan B" that I don't have.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:10 AM   #135
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

I thought you had Steve Murphy confirmation regarding the Obligado ending.
If not, wouldn't you like to write it yourself?

Anyway, I re-read the 8 short-stories of Profesor Obligado yesterday and would really like to see how it finishes and how it ties into Origin.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #136
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Might want to figure out a plan B, since it seems like he's been letting you hang for well over a year now. The last posts I could find on trying to get with him were last February.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #137
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
I thought you had Steve Murphy confirmation regarding the Obligado ending.
I did. Now it's a lot of screaming into the abyss.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #138
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I went back a few pages and saw that he agreed to write the Obligado story in August of 2014, so yeah, that's been a long time coming.

Screaming into the abyss, indeed.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #139
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Andrew, as a not-strictly Origin question but (I hope) relevant to the general discussion, should you ever continue writing TMNT comics, what would you do for a fourth story?

You made the awesome action-oriented Volume 3 conclusion, the time-traveling swansong of "Odyssey", and this (planned) sci-fi epic "Origin." You've kind of focused on three of the main themes or genres that TMNT usually features: action/ninja, time travel, and science fiction.

Any mystic-themed ideas? Just curious...
Old 03-16-2016, 11:25 AM   #140
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Andrew, as a not-strictly Origin question but (I hope) relevant to the general discussion, should you ever continue writing TMNT comics, what would you do for a fourth story?

You made the awesome action-oriented Volume 3 conclusion, the time-traveling swansong of "Odyssey", and this (planned) sci-fi epic "Origin." You've kind of focused on three of the main themes or genres that TMNT usually features: action/ninja, time travel, and science fiction.

Any mystic-themed ideas? Just curious...
By the time "Origin" is done, and "TMNT vs. Predator" is done... which would be quite some time, perhaps years... by that point it may actually be the appropriate time to consider a Volume 4 conclusion of some sort.