The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Power rangers SH Figuarts 20th anniversary

Anyone have any of these? They seem expensive on amazon and eBay. Are these sold at retail anywhere? TRU? Target?

Was thinking of getting the green ranger but wanted to know if anyone else liked them. Want to display him rather than keep moc
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Got the MMPR dino Megazord on amazon (6" scale) with the metal pieces and super articulation. I'll let you guys know if it was worth the cost once it gets here.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
sdp
-

I have them, I've been buying them from amiami.com, they might be out of stock there though but you can try bigbadtoystore, it's more expensive but they have them in stock.

As my for my thoughts, so far from MMPR I have the released Green/Red and now White Ranger. I also have all the other released SHFiguarts red rangers. Compared to them the MMPR ones are a little bit shorter for some reason, though you wouldn't notice unless you put them back to back. White Ranger is actually shorter than the MMPR Rangers, because in Japan he was a little kid and not an adult but again if you don't pose them next to each other and he has a dynamic pose you won't notice. The figures themselves come with a lot of accessories, the articulation is great and so is the sculpt/paint, now they have some very small flaws here and there maybe that some people complained about but this doesn't mean they aren't the best figures we'll ever get from them. Compared to regular Bandai figures it's night and day. I have some Bandai figures and if you pose them and have them on the background the blend fine with SHFiguarts, of course the BoA figures are roided up and a bit taller.

If you are a fan or are nostalgic about them then the figures are great and well worth the price. I also have the SRC MMPR Megazord you mention and it's great, I love it. Well Worth the money. Pink Ranger comes out next month and then black ranger and Yellow/Blue should be coming out early 2014 and then we'd have the whole team. I'm also collecting the other red ranger figures because I wanted a "Forever Red" display, getting full teams would've been awesome but it'd be far too expensive not to mention I have no room to display my current figures..I actually might regret getting some of the red rangers since I just have no room, maybe I should've stuck to only my favs.

Talking about PR's can you still find the Legacy Megazord in the stores? What about the Legacy Morpher? I really wanted those but I'm not in the US and I couldn't find someone to ship them for me...but with Legacy Dragonzord coming out I feel like I need to get them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

I honestly am not sure what's in stores. I usually run over to the tmnt section. I just found out about the SH Figuart line of the mmpr and decided to collect these figures. I grew up with the American variant up until the Geo rendition. I first saw the green ranger SH Figuarts toy and became hooked on collecting these figures. Honestly, up until a few days ago, I had no idea that there were high quality power rangers figures as I have not been paying attention. Glad I did. I'll check for the legacy megazord and other items. I'll check back if I find them and the price if you want me to pick one up for you or just pass on the info.

I will check at toys r us for anything as well as target and walmart. Amazon.com had decent prices for some of the rangers but that's the only place I knew of to look for them. Thanks for providing the additional websites. I'll head over there in a minute.

Do you know if they are releasing a 6" scale dragon green ranger zord with die cast metal pieces like the megazord I just bought?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
sdp
-

Oh I would love it if you could pick it up and ship it to Mexico, I'd pay paypal fee's and whatever if you could. I believe they're exclusive to TRU, the Legacy Megazord and Legacy Morhper.

And no, that Megazord is from a line called "SRC - Super Robot Chogokin", They started doing Sentai robots but haven't really been doing them anymore, they only did the MMPR Megazord probably because they could sell it in the west, they only did the main zords, never any auxiliary/secundary zords but hopefully if the sales were good we might get one, that would be great. They are however indeed making a Legacy Dragonzord. Which is a re-release of the original Dragonzord set but with Diecast parts and can j"transform" with the Legacy Megazord Bandai of America did which is just a remold of the original megazord but with diecast parts. The SRC Megazord you bought is much better but this one is transformable and bigger.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Slade
god status

I've got the Red and Green ranger. I love them. Just found out about the white today, will get him later on. Also so a red ranger with dragon shield and all that. That could be old though and I'm just behind. I get mine from Amazon. No place around here would ever carry anything like that.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

SDP: I'll check TRU on Wednesday for the legacy figs. If I find them, I can grab them for you and ship to Mexico with no prob. Just let me know what postage you want and all that through private message.

Raph: I can't wait to get them. I've been watching youtube reviews of them and want them badly. This will be the fist MMPR figure I've bought in 18 years haha. Anyways, I'm wondering if there is a difference between the ones that are exclusive to Japan (e.g. dragonranger) and the MMPR versions that have the 20th anniversary logo on them. Let me know if you find any faults with the ones you have. I'm still trying to get a Green ranger. ugh.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Are they really worth the $40 pricetag? I haven't youtubed them yet, but being a big red ranger fan, I think it looks amazing, just curious if it's worth it.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

REd rangers was my favorite too. I ordered him on Amazon for $38. I'll let you know once he gets here if he's as good as advertised.

The research I've done is that it is the apex, optimal figure for MMPR fans. They aren't really for play (which I assumed) but are really pose-able and have the right shades of color to reflect the original costume. Plus, they come with multiple sets of hands and weapons that are finely detailed.

I agree that $40 seemed a bit concerning at first, but the youtube reviews and pictures have sold me on purchasing not one but all of them. The Pink ranger comes out in November 2013, followed by the black, blue and yellow rangers in 2014.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
Allio
Foot Elite

So far I have the Daizyujin chogoking series, I do also have a Shikenred Sh figuart

really hoping that Abarekiller gets an SH figuart, he has the best design in Sentai

I do want to get the Goseiknight figuart
Old 10-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So far I have the Daizyujin chogoking series, I do also have a Shikenred Sh figuart

really hoping that Abarekiller gets an SH figuart, he has the best design in Sentai

I do want to get the Goseiknight figuart
Awesome. How would you rate the figure in terms of articulation? He looks awesome! I've never had an SH Figuart figure before. Super pumped to see how the Red Ranger turns out.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
sdp
-

White Ranger actually doesn't include a lot of accessories and that's disappointing also his Sword/Saba while probably being the best painted version of it, when compared to the amazing job they did with the Red Ranger Sword and especially the Green Ranger Dragon Dagger it fails in comparison. Sad. Not to mention the shorter size because the Sentai equivalent is supposed to be shorter and yet they market it as MMPR... I am a bit disappointed in him, but I don't regret my purchase. I hope we get Red Zeo Ranger soon and the DinoThunder Black Ranger so we can have all of Tommy's suits in figuarts. Apparently they're making a prototype for a Lord Zedd figuart, if the other rangers sell well in America we might get him if not then we won't since the line is mainly for Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
SDP: I'll check TRU on Wednesday for the legacy figs. If I find them, I can grab them for you and ship to Mexico with no prob. Just let me know what postage you want and all that through private message.
Thanks.

Quote:
Anyways, I'm wondering if there is a difference between the ones that are exclusive to Japan (e.g. dragonranger) and the MMPR versions that have the 20th anniversary logo on them. Let me know if you find any faults with the ones you have.
No faults in mine that I see, just be aware that they figures are fragile when moving things, you can easily break accessories or joints. My Vegeta Figuart had a lot of issues but that's the only figuart I've bought that had any.

As far as differences there's a few, the most obvious one is the packaging being in japanese/english, but the Japanese version of Red/Green actually come with more accessories, however they are irrelevant to the American fan. There's a Sentai parody show called Akibaranger and in it the Red/Green Ranger appear with belts/neck pieces instead of being white having the american flag. Making fun of how these suits are very popular in the US, these accessories are not included in the MMPR versions but no big loss, I have the japanese versions and personally will never use them. The other Rangers are exclusives in Japan so I'll be getting the American versions, I usually get the Japanese releases because even with shipping I end up saving like 10 dollars or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
Are they really worth the $40 pricetag? I haven't youtubed them yet, but being a big red ranger fan, I think it looks amazing, just curious if it's worth it.
Well, to me they're worth it because it was my childhood show, this along with the turtles having the best figures of said franchises is worth the steep price. Articulation is simply amazing, any pose you can pretty much do.

That's why I regret starting to buy all the Red Rangers, it's a lot of money but most of those characters I don't have as much attachment.

Last edited by sdp; 10-27-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Awesome. How would you rate the figure in terms of articulation? He looks awesome! I've never had an SH Figuart figure before. Super pumped to see how the Red Ranger turns out.
I rate the SH figarts pretty well, multiple articulations, double joints where it is needed, foot joints, multiple hands, greatly detailed accessories really perfect for poses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
As far as differences there's a few, the most obvious one is the packaging being in japanese/english, but the Japanese version of Red/Green actually come with more accessories, however they are irrelevant to the American fan. There's a Sentai parody show called Akibaranger and in it the Red/Green Ranger appear with belts/neck pieces instead of being white having the american flag. Making fun of how these suits are very popular in the US, these accessories are not included in the MMPR versions but no big loss, I have the japanese versions and personally will never use them. The other Rangers are exclusives in Japan so I'll be getting the American versions, I usually get the Japanese releases because even with shipping I end up saving like 10 dollars or so.
but...but muh Powerful Rangers

Old 10-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
REd rangers was my favorite too. I ordered him on Amazon for $38. I'll let you know once he gets here if he's as good as advertised.

The research I've done is that it is the apex, optimal figure for MMPR fans. They aren't really for play (which I assumed) but are really pose-able and have the right shades of color to reflect the original costume. Plus, they come with multiple sets of hands and weapons that are finely detailed.

I agree that $40 seemed a bit concerning at first, but the youtube reviews and pictures have sold me on purchasing not one but all of them. The Pink ranger comes out in November 2013, followed by the black, blue and yellow rangers in 2014.
Please, as soon as you've got to spend some time with it, let me know. I'm seriously considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well, to me they're worth it because it was my childhood show, this along with the turtles having the best figures of said franchises is worth the steep price. Articulation is simply amazing, any pose you can pretty much do.

That's why I regret starting to buy all the Red Rangers, it's a lot of money but most of those characters I don't have as much attachment.
On my budget, $40 is a serious buy so I have to pick and choose not just for nostalgia but for quality as well. I was curious if they were as good as say the Playmates Classic TMNT line. I have those and they are my favorite figures, period, considering they're articulation, quality and the overall job done on them. You've caught my attention saying any pose, as I can mimic some of his mannerisms from the show. Looks like I may be taking the dive at some point.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
sdp
-

Well yes they're quality is amazing, but quality alone for me isn't worth 40 dollars haha. If it wasn't MMPR I wouldn't have bought them. Figuarts are easily the best figures in the market today, and they're much better than the Classics TMNT line or even the NECA Turtles, I wish we'd be able to get TMNT Figuarts.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #16
pingclang
Stone Warrior

I'm more than likely buying one. Between my love for MMPR and figures in general and the amazing reviews folks give it, I think I'm pretty well sold.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Man I'm gonna go ahead and buy the green ranger on amazon too. This red ranger came in today is absolutely amazing. One of top 3 toys I own. No joke
Old 10-31-2013, 08:17 AM   #18
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Awesome. I'm definitely getting one.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #19
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Question

Went to buy the green ranger on amazon and saw the white ranger dropped a few dollars in price so I snagged one instead.

Red ranger was/is my favorite and had to start out with him. I'll take pics but I will say my first impressions are that the figure is smaller than I though it would be. I knew it was 6" scale but it was just a little surprising.

The megazord 6" figure is one of my favorite figs too. He costs more but I love how heavy he is. The little saber tooth tiger teeth are pretty sharp. The metal pieces really make this figure for me. If you pick him up about 2-3 inches off of a surface and drop him on his feet, he makes a beautiful, heavy thud lol. He is much heavier than I thought. Love love love these figures. I recommend the megazord to anyone. Comes with a good deal of accessories.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #20
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

Does anyone know about the 20th Anniversary MMPR figures? I've seen the classic versions of the Red Ranger and now the White Ranger. Do they have plans to make all of the other originals?
MisterMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote